Bumps

Ringo

Friends,

This is going to sound obsessive, but when the light is from overhead and my scalp is shiny, at the base of every FU is a bump, small as a dull pencil point and I am probably the only one who will notice. They were not there until about month 5 and I am almost at 9 months. I know I need to go to about 16 months for my procedure to fully grow in and mature, but is this a common symptom? Any experience with this?

Thanks,

Ringo

oct_26_07_002-W800.jpg.4104f9fe2797cd16454ce6ff1b7e1eb2.jpg

Friends,

This is going to sound obsessive, but when the light is from overhead and my scalp is shiny, at the base of every FU is a bump, small as a dull pencil point and I am probably the only one who will notice. They were not there until about month 5 and I am almost at 9 months. I know I need to go to about 16 months for my procedure to fully grow in and mature, but is this a common symptom? Any experience with this?

Thanks,

Ringo

Ringo,

This is what's referred to as cobblestoning. It is not a typical or desired effect of hair transplantation but typically occurs when the graft tissue is not inserted deep enough and is too great to be absorbed by the surrounding tissue. When the scar forms, it produces bumps which you are seeing.

In the hands of a first-rate hair restoration physician using ultra refined techniques, this is hardly ever an issue.

If i am correct, you had your surgery with MHR?

Bill

Hey Max

I think it's starting to look OK. I think with a second procedure it'll be great, since a REAL surgeon will be able to give the density needed to make it work. In certain light, it works, and since I am tall, most people are looking front or side on.

I am beside myself I am so pissed off about this. Does MHR give refunds? I'll need the money for repairs!

Ringo

oct_3_07_001-W800.jpg.c7ba651669099966a6e763aa56285054.jpg

Ringo,

I have bumps also from my HT with MHR in Grand Rapids, Michigan; also, they low balled me on the number of grafts, just like they did with you. I will be going to a coalition doc for my next surgery.

Ringo,

At my one year follow up the doc said I would need another 1000-1400 to add density; he told me the day of my first surgery "you may not need another surgery again. We put a lot of grafts in a small area (the hairline), so it will be dense." I didn't say anything, I figured it would not matter what I said; I'm just going to go to a coalition doc now. It is sad that the majority of people that go there don't have a clue. The GR MHR office has pretty steady business alo. I'm just glad I found this site.

Jsmith,

Did you consider going after them for the quality issue? Get your money back? The Bastards? icon_mad.gif

I am looking forward to meeting with a coalition Doc, But I am NOT looking forward to getting cut up again. Have you had a consultation with a new guy yet?

Ringo

thanks ringo for sharing your experience with us. From the picture you sent it looks fine and your hair situation has improved. I hope you will find a coalition doc to have the results you are looking for. But I don;t know if you need repair work maybe just adding little density will be sufficient.

Ringo,

You really wont need to repair this just add density in your next session. No one will see thru to those bumps. I am not sure that you can repair small FU's, larger plugs can be but short of reversing or removing these entirely it would cost you a fortune and you would run the risk of scars showing where you once had these hairs. They are going to be fine, you look like you have plenty of donor for more work so a good doc will camoflage the poorer work.

Good luck Bro,

NoBuzz

Ringo,

I don't think there is much I can do about the quality of work; they make you sign your life away 100 times--all those waivers before the surgery. I am moving forward with a session with Dr. Aronovitz in Detroit; he is a coalition doc.

jsmith,

Only 1 of the Aronovitz' is a coalition doc. The younger one (not sure of his first name) is a recent doc and the nephew. I just wanted to let you know. In my opinion he is a relative newbie and you might want to make sure which doc you are seeing.

There is a member Milesdaily that had some work done at that clinic and his results do appear to be nicely refined but it was a combination of work by Dr. Tessler and Aronovitz. You might want to check out his blog. I really like his new look and the only thing I would add that I would have liked differently was the central core density improved. Otherwise great work.

Don't be afraid to travel either. I live in Michigan and made the journey to Minneapolis to see Dr. Ron Shapiro.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90