Dr. Shapiro wins the "Golden Folicle" award!

• Administrators

I'm very pleased to announce that Dr. Ron Shapiro just won the "Golden Follicle" award at the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery's annual conference held this past week in Sydney, Australia.

Never has the expression - "It couldn't have happen to a better person" been truer.

I have had the good fortune of knowing Dr. Shapiro for the past eight years. I know that Ron has made an enormous difference not only in the lives of his own patients, including me, but thousands of other patients whose surgeons learned much from Ron.

Ron is perhaps the most generous person I've ever known. He has not only given his patients his very best energy for years, but shared his incredible surgical talent and techniques with his physician colleagues without restriction.

While some may hoard their talents and knowledge to achieve competitive advantage, Ron Shapiro never has. Ron's clinic door has always been open to his colleagues. He has worked extremely hard over the years to share his best ideas and techniques at meetings and conferences around the world and back. He has also labored extremely hard and long for months, if not years, to co-author an outstanding book on hair restoration surgery ??“ "Hair Transplantation".

Ron also provided me with great encouragement and support over the years in helping me grow the Hair Transplant Network. He was always offering suggestions for new quality physicians to recommend on our site, despite the fact that adding new physicians diluted his prominence.

But Ron, as always, put the interest of serving patients above serving himself.

If Dr. Shapiro, like Jimmy Stewart in the movie "It's a wonderful life", revisited a world were he had never been I know that he would come across thousands of men and women who would not have achieved the positive life changing results that he made possible ??“ directly and indirectly.

In such a world this online community would not even exist. And I suspect that the "Potters" of the hair transplant world would be just that much more dominant.

We can all describe what we think are the criteria for an excellent hair restoration surgeon. But for me, Dr. Ron Shapiro will always embody those characteristics that make a skilled technician a superb hair transplant physician ??“ compassion, empathy, generosity, talent, skill, hard work, dedication, artistry and humility.

Dr. Ron Shapiro is my "Gold Standard" for a hair restoration physician. And apparently his colleagues who awarded him the "Golden Follicle" feel much the same way.

I understand that when Dr. Ron Shapiro was announced as the winner he was given a standing ovation by his colleagues. I know that if his patients had also been in that room the applause would have been deafening.

Congratulations Ron on winning not just the "Golden Follicle" but the admiration and respect of patients and physicians worldwide. You remind us all that the more one gives the richer we all become.

Feel free to share your experiences, comments or applause by replying below.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

I'm very pleased to announce that Dr. Ron Shapiro just won the "Golden Follicle" award at the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery's annual conference held this past week in Sydney, Australia.

Never has the expression - "It couldn't have happen to a better person" been truer.

I have had the good fortune of knowing Dr. Shapiro for the past eight years. I know that Ron has made an enormous difference not only in the lives of his own patients, including me, but thousands of other patients whose surgeons learned much from Ron.

Ron is perhaps the most generous person I've ever known. He has not only given his patients his very best energy for years, but shared his incredible surgical talent and techniques with his physician colleagues without restriction.

While some may hoard their talents and knowledge to achieve competitive advantage, Ron Shapiro never has. Ron's clinic door has always been open to his colleagues. He has worked extremely hard over the years to share his best ideas and techniques at meetings and conferences around the world and back. He has also labored extremely hard and long for months, if not years, to co-author an outstanding book on hair restoration surgery ??“ "Hair Transplantation".

Ron also provided me with great encouragement and support over the years in helping me grow the Hair Transplant Network. He was always offering suggestions for new quality physicians to recommend on our site, despite the fact that adding new physicians diluted his prominence.

But Ron, as always, put the interest of serving patients above serving himself.

If Dr. Shapiro, like Jimmy Stewart in the movie "It's a wonderful life", revisited a world were he had never been I know that he would come across thousands of men and women who would not have achieved the positive life changing results that he made possible ??“ directly and indirectly.

In such a world this online community would not even exist. And I suspect that the "Potters" of the hair transplant world would be just that much more dominant.

We can all describe what we think are the criteria for an excellent hair restoration surgeon. But for me, Dr. Ron Shapiro will always embody those characteristics that make a skilled technician a superb hair transplant physician ??“ compassion, empathy, generosity, talent, skill, hard work, dedication, artistry and humility.

Dr. Ron Shapiro is my "Gold Standard" for a hair restoration physician. And apparently his colleagues who awarded him the "Golden Follicle" feel much the same way.

I understand that when Dr. Ron Shapiro was announced as the winner he was given a standing ovation by his colleagues. I know that if his patients had also been in that room the applause would have been deafening.

Congratulations Ron on winning not just the "Golden Follicle" but the admiration and respect of patients and physicians worldwide. You remind us all that the more one gives the richer we all become.

Feel free to share your experiences, comments or applause by replying below.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Dear Ron,

To my good friend and colleague I just wanted to say congratulations.

Unfortunetly due to family obligations I was unable to attend this years conference in Sydney. I am very pleased to hear that you were awarded this years Golden Follicle award. You absolutely deserved it. In fact it was probably 5 years overdue. You have had my vote since the award was first created.

Glenn M. Charles

This one was deserved. Some others were bought. I had my disfiguring surgery the year Leavitt *won* his and announced it daily. Dr. Shapiro should have been honored years ago. Not only for his outstanding work but his intergrity.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I've had the great pleasure of working side-by-side with Ron beginning in 1995 in our Fort Lee facility ??“ just when we were first developing Follicular Unit Transplantation. They were exciting times and Ron and I have been friends ever since. His masterful surgery is known to all. Working closely with him, one can appreciate his generosity of spirit and of ideas, his wonderful upbeat temperament and his kindness ??“ especially to his patients. It is an honor to know Ron. He is so deserving of the Golden Follicle. Congratulations!

Bob Bernstein

Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration

Schedule a consultation HERE to request a graft estimate and quote.

Follow us on InstagramFacebookTwitter, and YouTube

The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. For a more detailed look at our safety measures, click here. 

Got questions? Call us at 212-826-2400 

Dr. Bernstein is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Administrators

Along with Dr. Ron Shapiro winning the Golden Follicle Award, Dr. Walter Krugluger of the Moser Clinic in Vienna, Austria won the Platinum Follicle Award.

The Moser Clinic did pioneering work in the early 90's by performing some of the very first 1000 plus follicular unit graft sessions.

In fact, Dr. Shapiro drew much inspiration for his budding career in hair transplantation after visiting the Moser Clinic in the early 1990's. How fitting that they should recieve their awards together as shown in the attached photo.

Like Dr. Ron Shapiro, the Moser Clinic has long been recommended on this community. I would also like to congratulate Dr. Walter Krugluger and the entire Moser Clinic for their long time pioneering commitment to high quality hair restoration.

walter_and_Ron_with_awards.jpeg

My Hair Loss Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Also, Dr. Jerry Cooley was elected to the Board of Governors for a three-year term.

Dr. Cooley's refined work can be seen in many threads throughout the forum including mine.

I have personally met several of Dr. Cooley's patients and I continue to be inspired by the stellar level of patient satisfaction the he, his lead technician Ailene, and the entire staff exhibits.

Congratulations and many thanks to Dr. Cooley and his entire staff at The Hair Center on this election and for changing the lives of your many patients (including me!) for the better!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog