Should I get HT in my hairline?...I need your opinion

I'm not sure what scale I would be considered for my hairloss. I'm 37 years old and I have been on Propecia for over 8 years now. I have almost zero hairloss in my crown area thanks to taking Propecia, however I'm now beginning to develop a receeding hairline. I've read all the studies that say Propecia does not have anny effect on the frontal hairline. In your opinion, should I consider getting a ht to achieve a much fuller hairline? What do you think based on the photo below. Please help...

hairline.jpg.765b22d204df3f111b4f3295e6533ff8.jpg

I'm not sure what scale I would be considered for my hairloss. I'm 37 years old and I have been on Propecia for over 8 years now. I have almost zero hairloss in my crown area thanks to taking Propecia, however I'm now beginning to develop a receeding hairline. I've read all the studies that say Propecia does not have anny effect on the frontal hairline. In your opinion, should I consider getting a ht to achieve a much fuller hairline? What do you think based on the photo below. Please help...

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

I think if you tried to lower your hairline it would be very difficult to match your current densitys.

Last, just because your 37 gives you no guarantee that you will not need crown work in the future, so if you do get a touch-up, make sure you can back-fill accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

b-spot,

I think he is wants to close off his temples some and add density to the current hairline not lower his hairline.. at least from what I read. At 37 with a consistent Rx regiment of 8 years he can afford 1-1.5k in his hairline period...yes I am gathering that from the one not so great pic we both looked at, but while he may not have a guarantee of future hair loss his case is as strong as any to get a little(not 3-5k armani style) hairline density if desired.

Thanx for all the info guys. I'll will take some better photos of my hairline and post them up for more feedback. I just grabbed this from a recent photo from the park. Come back later for my updated photos for a better view...

Also, I would have no desire to lower my hairline. I just want to add more density to my real hairline. Once again, check back later this week for more detailed photos...Thanx

Vargman,

You should consider a HT if your hair loss really bothers YOU to a point where you feel you need to do something to improve. You will get different opinions when you take a survey. From the pic, your hair loss is minimal in comparison to many patients we treat. We have done wide range of hairline cases on patients simply because they felt their hair loss caused them undue stress.

Hello Vargman,

I will agree with Janna above, but if you are looking for opinions, based on the hairline you are showing me, it looks great! I guess I can't say I wouldn't change it if I were you though...I understand being discouraged about not having your high school hair anymore...but at the same time, I think it depends...how do you think you look with it when you look in the mirror etc? Anyway...I would kill to have your hair...but we are comparing apples to oranges right? icon_wink.gif

Bill

you're 37 so I would go and have it. Apparently it is bothering you and you're self-conscious about it. Another person might be envious, but you see something diferent in the mirror so why not fix it? I am sure another bald guy wishes he could just get 1200 grafts just to say he had something on top. Everyone is dfferent.

One caution: Think of what will happen if propecia stops working or if you can't take it anymore. Basically conserve your grafts, and dont feel like you can afford to put 4500 in the first inch of your hairline because the rest of te hair is fine right now.