Sipa HT Pics - 3380 grafts

Sipa

My mistake, I had not seen the oct. date on the far right pics. It looks thin to me for 6 months. One person on another thread referred to the 3 month wonders that often post when it may well take others or perhaps most longer.

One additional comment though. The Oct. pics appear to have been taken with a flash, and that may be minimizing the appearance of new growth possibly?

I'm fairly new at this myself, and I'd like to make sure that the pictures are adequately presently where you were and where you are. Pics often don't get it right.

mark h

The first HT for 3880 grafts was for the front area only. There is a sizeable bald crown area that will need at least 2,000 additional grafts.

The October pictures were taken with a flash, but even in the mirror there is a lack of density even though numerous hairs are growing to 1 inch + length. I saw the other 3 month pictures which is why I was concerned.

I think the flash definately hurts you in these picks. Your ht hair looks like mine as of now(I will be 4 months post HT on the 23rd). People's hair grows at different rates, some people notice substantial growth by 3 months others don't see any growth till 4 or 5 months. At 6 months I think it is still early yet, it looks like a dense packing, so give it a couple more months. Some people's hair doesn't start kicking in good till later, but I think you can definately see a lot of new growth, it's just at the early stage where it is thin and wispy and not a big cosmetic improvement, these hairs will thicken over time along with more new growth. We all get worried, but give it another 2 months or so.

yeah, i have to agree. very thin for 6 months as well as for the 3500+ grafts. very surprised, considering all the praise for Dr. Feller. Then again, lot of people suggest waiting for one year for full growth, although at 6 months you start having a pretty good idea of what's coming.

I agree that this is thin for six months, but I wouldn't be too concerned quite yet. Some patients take longer to grow, others need almost no time at all. It depends on the patient.

Sipa, if you are concerned, come on into the office so I can have a look for myself. While there isn't much I can do at this point to speed up your growth, it may make you feel better to have this reassurance.

If you have the time you are welcome to come to the office for photos on a monthly basis which we can post together until you are grown out so that others in the online community may learn from your experience.

Hi guys

Dr Feller is right. My 2 HT's needed 6 months just to start seeing results.. I see the biggest change in my hair from 8 -10.. I always tell people wait until 10 months until you pass judgement

Cheers

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

It was nice of Dr. Feller to join in on this thread to reassure Sipa and to also offer Sipa the opportunity to come into his office. It's obvious that Dr. Feller is a class act all the way. I'm thinking of getting some FUE work done soon and Dr. Feller would be my first choice for that.