On Propecia... LMAO, erection problems/shedding discussions

Arson

I started taking propecia like, 1 week ago. Obviously it's dropping my DHT/testosterone now but I won't see any affects (if at all) for months...

Yet. I know it is affecting my body because. I've been having erection problems. Not what you think though. Let's just say, at certain, spontaneous times, I have to walk around the stores with either a bag with something I bought, or my girlfriend in front of me for the ol' "blockin' of the pocket"

LOL

She just laughs at me and thinks I'm a horny bastard. What's up with that?

Anyways, I'm gonna start shedding in 2-3 weeks aren't I. Damn. Maybe I should stop Propecia, maybe I am advancing something that I don't want to. I just read about those shedding things and it's got me kinda freaked.

I started taking propecia like, 1 week ago. Obviously it's dropping my DHT/testosterone now but I won't see any affects (if at all) for months...

Yet. I know it is affecting my body because. I've been having erection problems. Not what you think though. Let's just say, at certain, spontaneous times, I have to walk around the stores with either a bag with something I bought, or my girlfriend in front of me for the ol' "blockin' of the pocket"

LOL

She just laughs at me and thinks I'm a horny bastard. What's up with that?

Anyways, I'm gonna start shedding in 2-3 weeks aren't I. Damn. Maybe I should stop Propecia, maybe I am advancing something that I don't want to. I just read about those shedding things and it's got me kinda freaked.

I'd stick to Propecia if I were you. Also - I don't know if the erection problems would show up this early - maybe it's more psychological (you're expecting it to happen), than chemical at this stage?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Are you saying that you are getting more erections??? I stsarted taking proscar one quater tab daily about two weeks ago and I can really see I have erction problems a) I'm not getting an erection, b) When I have got one my count is less than half. Thats totally F##ked I was expexting it but not this bad and I still havent seen any diffrence in the amount of hair I'm loosing? Am I doomed? I had so much hair before and I was always in with the ladies and now I feel like it's all slippen away from me...

I had an increased libido when I started propecia too. I think it began just after week 1. I thought that maybe it was psychological at first, you know.... I'm all excited that my hair "problem" is finally solved and all that. But it was starting to get a little out of control. icon_razz.gif I strongly believe that the drug did have something to do with it.

I just started month 2, and this past week everything seems to have calmed down a bit. That, of course, is of some concern to me but I'm not ready to give up on propecia just yet. I've read that many of the men that experience decreased libido over time recover, whatever that means. lol.

As for the shedding... It's a part of the normal process. It's a sign that the drug is working and that stronger and healthier hair is on the way. Good luck to you!

I would say my libido stabilized, but is still quite high. It was always pretty high, I think, but I'll say that sometimes it borders on ridiculous. I won't "share any stories" on that one. icon_rolleyes.gif

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I'm right there with vocor....I had an incredibly high libido beforehand, and it's lessened some I believe. I dont think mine is at all psychological. I think I definitely have more confidence now knowing that less than a year from now I'll be far better off from my HT.

Well even if the labido thing sorts it's self out the funny thing is, well maybe not so funny thing is that my hair is falling not only from the top but the back and sides too, evenly? If you read my post ( Mystery ) it really is, cause I honestly think this my only solution? ht wont solve any of my problems cause I'm loosing hair evenly accross my head, if they started transplating hairs then I'd have uneven bald patches? does any one have some idea for me here I'm really cring out for help...

Does any one know if you can transplat hair from another person to your own scalp? that may sound silly but I haven't read all that much on ht and my brother has heaps of hair and is willing to donate...? Or is that RU' stuff the go for me, sounds really good but, bit risky too? It's bad enough without wanting to make it any worse...

I know that every ones got their problems but I could really use a hand here guys... Thanks. icon_confused.gif

Transplanting hair from someone else to your head is the same as getting an organ transplant. Your body will reject it, which means you would need to take drugs to prevent your immune system from killing the transplanted tissue.

Thanks for the information Fizzlefest. I appreciate it I just hope that I dont have to keep taking the drugs that I'm on now for ever... I dont even know if its even working yet or if it will at all? I just want to fix what once was just like every one else, only the worst thing is it wasn't broken in the first place. I try to prevent this from happening by seeing some one and now I'm in this situation. Ha, forget fixing hair just give me a time machine and I'll be right, by the sounds of it thats far more realistic.