two weeks post op with Dr. Lehr

hrthr

Hello, I am two and 1/2 weeks post op with Dr. Lehr in Ok City. I was pleased with his team and the surgery. I received 2647 FU's on February 1st.

I am already having alot of shock loss and concerned about it. I used Rogain for about a week 10 days post op, but it really seemed to be making my hair very thin and wispy, so I discontinued.

Any words of encouragement?

Hello, I am two and 1/2 weeks post op with Dr. Lehr in Ok City. I was pleased with his team and the surgery. I received 2647 FU's on February 1st.

I am already having alot of shock loss and concerned about it. I used Rogain for about a week 10 days post op, but it really seemed to be making my hair very thin and wispy, so I discontinued.

Welcome! Congrats on a sucessful surgery with Dr. Lehr. Shockloss is a concern for anyone getting a hair transplant, especially when you transplant between or very near existing hair. The good news is that over the next 3 to 4 four months your hair will come back. The bad news is more than likely some of those hairs will not. Those hairs were more than likely going to be lost in the near future anyway, so hopefully it will not be much. If you lose hair around the incision wound on the back of your head, that should come back over time as well. I hope this helps!!!! Settle in, wait, keep us updated, and congrats again!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I am 17 days post op and have had some minor shock loss so far. I was not losing any hair prior to the surgery, or very little. Now when I wash my hair I see some hairs in my hands and there are a couple on my pillow when I wake up...

I just want to fast-forward to 6 months post op. :/

Hopefully the Propecia helps.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

It's proven that regardless of a HT or not people will find hair on their pillow and when washing their hair or for that fact if you sit in one place long enough will probably find a stray hair that was lost. With a procedure and or some hair loss history I think a person tends to pay more attention to something that's natural and just never took notice of before. Losing a certain number of hairs in any given day is completely normal and to be expected. I remember even when I was younger I would find hair on my pillow; see it on my hands when washing my hair, have it on my brush/comb, etc. Now if someone were seeing literally a handful regardless of a HT, then it would be something to worry about. This is just my opinion.

Smiling & laughing does wonders for the soul!

As "the B spot" said shock loss is kind of a wait and see thing. You may get some or most of it back or you may not. Do you have any before and after pics you'd care to share? It would help to see your pattern of hair loss and how far along you are.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by hrthr:

Do not stop Minoxidil.

Transient hair shedding at the start of Rogaine is a known phenomenon.

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.

I will try and get pre op pictures from Dr. Lehr and post. My luck just seems to be getting better Ha, I banged my head on the corner of the shower soap dish (right by the shower head) this morning right on the transplanted hair line. I am pretty sore but am hoping no permanent damage to transplants. I am sick of worring about the whole thing. Hope the next three to four months goes by fast and I have good results. I am not going to go back on the Rogain, I wasn't going to stay on permanently anyway, just wanted faster FU growth.

Thoughts?

By the way thanks to all for your replies and help. I really poured over this site before deciding on a HT. I am really glad I found it prior to my HT, as I started looking at Bosley etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mean shock loss or shedding of transplanted hairs? Shock loss is what happens to pre-existing hair in the recipient area or donor hair surrounding the incision.

As to bumping your head, if you were 4 or 5 days post-op I would worry, 2.5 weeks post op shouldn't matter.

Spoon, thanks for the words of encouragement. I mean existing hair. I have lost quite a bit. The funny thing is most of the transplanted hairs are still there (go figure). Man I look like crap!!

I sure hope the tranplanted hair comes in or I spent alot of money to look worse. Sorry I am a little over one month post op and don't like what I see in the mirror.

Shock loss is always a risk. I had hair transplanted into an area with pre-existing hair also and it does get alarming when you see so much in the shower. Only thing I can say is that even though it seemed really bad to me the truth is that it was not noticeable by anyone else. Dr. Lehr has a really good reputation so I would be surprised if you were having an abnormally bad result. Hang in there, it unfortunately gets worse before it gets better.