Motivation

It's funny, for me it was the opposite. I started off heavy, lost 30 lbs, and I did that in reaction to my thinning hair. Then I got the transplant and it's like now I'm trying to catch my head up to my age and body. I want to look like a kid in his early 20's, not a 20 year old that looks 35 or 40. icon_frown.gif

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

I weigh 200 pounds, and would like to get to about 185 or so. Still a 34 waist though!!!!

I think a few weeks of intense excercise will get me where I want to go, but I just haven't pushed the issue.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Lifting is important, but cardio is what helps the weight to come off the quickest. There's no substitute for burning 500 calories in 25-30 minutes. And damn, it's not fun.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

I dropped from 220lbs to 180lbs in about 8 months. I did it slowly. The trick for me was: No eating heavy after 6pm. (apple, orange or banana only) Lots of water.(bought cases of bottled to take with me everywhere) Lower or No carbs...much protien. And rike the stationary bike for 10 min+ three times a week. Keep it simple. I'll do more over the long haul if I make is seem like it's no big hurdle. Kind of have to psych out my mind sometimes.

Now I'm on a new journey with my weight. 165lbs by September 1st. I've got a 20 year class reunion coming up in November...Now with my hair and a nice tan....Look out class of '86 !!!

PS: Check out my "Comparison" photos in the blog.

🙃

I was 165 pounds which was little heavy for my height 5'7". After HT, though it was a bad HT I got motivation to do some weight training. I am still at 165 pounds but I lost lots of fat and gained good amount of muscle.

My diet is eating chicken twice, egg whites once, protien shake once, junk meal once, creatine once. All in sufficient quantities. Not more than 50grams of protien per meal. Total 5 meals a day(not considering creatine as a meal).

My Cardio is speed walking. running and jogging burns more muscle and less fat. And also it is fun if you have an ipod with you. icon_cool.gif

Ravi Vide

I am a nutrition minor and it is a myth to say that cardio burns more muscle than fat. Just take in a sufficient amount of protein before you go to the gym and immediately after your jog or run and you'll protect yourself from muscle wasting. It wouldn't be a good idea to do an intense jogging or running session more than 4x a week though.

The best of all worlds is to lift hard, heavy, and consistently and then run for 20-30 minutes following the lifting. It's hard but it pays off.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

I've found that there are three things that one must concentrate on for maximum fat loss:

1.) Diet

2.) Weight training

3.) Cardio

I was able to get to 10.5% body fat by eating 5-6 small meals per day, each meal consisting of high-quality protein, carbs, and fat. You must eat at least five times per day to keep your metabolism up. Also, lots of water. I worked out with weights approximately four times per week, giving my body ample time for recovery. For cardio, I did 30-60 minutes five times per week in the morning before eating anything.

Pain-in-the-ass??? YES!!! Needless to say, I'm not at 10.5% body fat anymore. icon_smile.gif

This is what what worked for me. It may not work for others. Everyone's body is different.

The key to weight loss is diet (along with exercise) Sorry, but you can eat alot more than you can burn off with exercise. I eat about 5 small meals per day (good stuff) and exercise as much as possible (min 3 times per week). I also allow myself one junk food fix per week. Seems to work for me.

good luck.

Originally posted by kamin:

I've found that there are three things that one must concentrate on for maximum fat loss:

1.) Diet

2.) Weight training

3.) Cardio

I was able to get to 10.5% body fat by eating 5-6 small meals per day, each meal consisting of high-quality protein, carbs, and fat. You must eat at least five times per day to keep your metabolism up. Also, lots of water. I worked out with weights approximately four times per week, giving my body ample time for recovery. For cardio, I did 30-60 minutes five times per week in the morning before eating anything.

Pain-in-the-ass??? YES!!! Needless to say, I'm not at 10.5% body fat anymore. icon_smile.gif

This is what what worked for me. It may not work for others. Everyone's body is different.

Hey Kamin, Your diet and exercise plan is very similar to mine.

I take mostly proteins, less carbs and less fat though carbs and fat are also needed to gain muscle.

Dhuge, Cardio after lifting is not preferred by bodybuilders. Whatever you gained by lifting the weights is wasted if you run for 20 minutes. Before going to the gym it is better to take 30 grams of protein not more than that and after the gym take glutamine which maintains your muscle. Running is not preferred by any bodybuilder. Speed walking or slow jogging are the best.

Chicken is the good source of protein. This protein goes directly to your muscle because chicken also has the required amino acids.

I feel Ronnie Coleman's DVDs are excellent source of information and motivation.

Ravi Vide