Hair Transplant Videos

• Administrators

As the Web becomes increasingly broadband video is becoming pevelant. It's exciting to see physicians and patients sharing not only photos but now videos. Hasson and Wong have been on the cutting edge of using videos for patient education and some of their videos have been featured on this forum and on their site and on Joe Tilman's new site www.HairTransplantTV.com.

Dr. Paul Cotterill who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network in Toronto and NYC recently overhauled his website and now presents a few interesting surgical videos on his site. I think the members of this forum will find his live surgery video particularly interesting. This YouTube video is featured on the home page of his website.

I look forward to presenting more videos on this forum in the future.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

As the Web becomes increasingly broadband video is becoming pevelant. It's exciting to see physicians and patients sharing not only photos but now videos. Hasson and Wong have been on the cutting edge of using videos for patient education and some of their videos have been featured on this forum and on their site and on Joe Tilman's new site www.HairTransplantTV.com.

Dr. Paul Cotterill who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network in Toronto and NYC recently overhauled his website and now presents a few interesting surgical videos on his site. I think the members of this forum will find his live surgery video particularly interesting. This YouTube video is featured on the home page of his website.

I look forward to presenting more videos on this forum in the future.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Nice-looking site..........unfortunately I couldn't get the video to play. I'll try again another time and see if I have any luck. Joe's done wonders with his efforts to help hair loss sufferers with the information he provides........I'm sure the video's are good and am anxious to view them.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Joe / Jotronic,

You've been a great help for many - including myself - in the HT restoration process. Of note - scalp exercises and how to properly take photos. The latter will definitely help me to better document my process.

As to the videos, while I truly commend them, I think they should offer something that one couldn't normally just read about via text on a website. In other words, rather than just simply showing your hair, have someone hold the camera and zoom in while you run your fingers through your hair. Show before and after images, different angles, etc. A little editing I think will go a long way.

One of the things that truly scared me away from ever getting a wig was when I actually had a consultation. Their 'salesman' was wearing a 'system' and while I was truly impressed, he never once did anything more than touch the top of his new hair. He never ran his fingers through it, or pulled it back to show the hairline, etc. This truly scared me thinking that I would have to always be 'rigid' about my hair (lots of prep, etc.).

Just a thought. As always - keep up the great work!!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Guys,

Sorry to have not responded as I didn't even see this thread till today.

I greatly appreciate Pat mentioning my new site but I want everyone to know one thing; the site is not about my results in the least. While I may use myself as an example when discussing various issues the site is ultimately about getting solid information out to newbies and vets alike in a format that is fresh and they are based on my experiences as a patient and from what I've learned "in the biz". My results are on my personal site, www.hairtransplantmentor.com, and any new vids showing my results will primarily be placed there (one is in the works as an update).

The site is still new and developing so the vids are still covering a lot of the basics but they will continue to advanced levels as time goes by. Also, I will be answering questions submitted to the site starting tomorrow so the content will be a bit different than what I started out with. I have other ideas as well so we'll see how it pans out.

If any of you are having issues with video playback you may need to make sure that you have the latest version of Flash which is currently at version 9.0. If you guys have more suggestions they are welcomed.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians