Dr. Paul Rose, MD - Gillenator

gillenator

To the hairloss community,

We just recently construed some support for Dr. Paul Rose, MD and am awaiting the paperwork that makes this relationship formal. I am not nor are any individuals associated with me employees of Dr. Rose. To clarify, one of my associates has begun to refine and re-build two websites for Dr. Rose namely, the hairlosscure.com and getfithairs.com, the latter which will preview FIT techniques, photos, and continuing developments in this technology. We are not at this time involved with any consultations, patient contact past or present, nor the enrollment of any procedures, etc. We will later then be poised to assist Dr. Rose further when that time arises. Still we will remain autonomous so that we are not under the control or direction of any physician. There are other plans in the making (offers received) to further our participation in the hairloss community as patient advocates and welcome any and all contibutions to support our cause in giving unbiased, objective feedback. We will never get caught up in the promotion of any single doctor for the purpose of directing cases solely to that individual. There is not and never will be any single physician who is the sole resolve for all patients. Their needs and criteria vary and so we mention the proven surgeons that best fit the patient(s) needs, many of whom are not yet contributors to our cause. I will elaborate further when we formally begin to work with patients. I had every intention of making full disclosure once we received the necessary paperwork back from Dr. Rose but I just now saw that he made the announcement anyway and we did want to confirm this publicly. I have went ahead and edited my signature accordingly.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Nothing like singling out a "particular doctor website".

Rose is a good doctor that gets credit on this site, but not as much as others who do more cases. Maybe that is why he is not mentioned as much? But when he is, it usually is positive.

One way to increase his awareness is for him to continue to conduct good work with good results, the more satisfied patients the better number of feedback-- Or just start your own custom website???

Gillenator,

Well maybe now you can get Dr Rose to answer the questions I posted here for him almost 1 month ago??

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Hi Hairworthy,

I just wrote to Dr. Rose on your behalf to answer the question(s)you posed. You can also write him directly at paultrose@yahoo.com or wait for his post. Best wishes to you!

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Dear Hairworthy:

I was unaware of your post and questions.Until recently I have not posted that often and have not regularly gone to the various websites with great frequency.I simply missed your post. If you can either direct me to your post or re-post the questions I will certainly try to reply to any of your questions.

You are always welcome to write to me directly or call.I provide my personal and office numbers in my posts as well as my e mail.

Paul T Rose. MD

612 965 4247

813 259 9889

paultrose@yahoo.com

getfithairs.com

Paul T. Rose, MD, JD

President ISHRS

Board of Trustees ISCLS

Dr. Paul Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi Solid,

Yes indeed. I had a total of three HT procedures, all strip, with just over 4400 grafts to date. I was a Norwood 5 when I received my first HT in 1996, and prior to that, I wore hair systems for 11 years.

Gillenator

Gillernator,

Hello and thanks for the reply.Who was your physician?Did you recieve all state of the art fu's or old inferior micro/minis?Did you have good laxity/donor area?Is the donor area depelted?What is the best case/worst case for a NW 5 realistically............two mega sessions totaling 5,000 fu.That is hair in the forefront region with a sparse crown?

What is your take on propecia?Do you currently take the drug along w/addittional supplements?

How did you come in contact with MR Rose?Todate I have him and a few others on my short list.Just curious, I hope these questions are appropriate!?Thanks again.

4 to 6k grafts for an nw5? Does this include the crown?I am not sure you are correct when explaining number of grafts for the recipient area when speaking of density, caliber, etc. The only way a HT looks natural is if all HT hairs are as close to 1 millimeter as possible regardless of thickness, caliber, etc. My donor hair is considered excellent. My hair did not look natural for several years until hairs were 1 millimeter apart.

There was a question raised about whether I had worked with Bosley.

The answer is NO.

Paul T Rose, MD

612 965 4247

813 259 9889

paultrose@yahoo.com

getfithairs.com

Paul T. Rose, MD, JD

President ISHRS

Board of Trustees ISCLS

Dr. Paul Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Rose,

I live in Philadelphia and consulted with you. I went to Dr. Gallagher instead. He told me you worked for Bosley so I did not go to you. It is ironic because he butchered me. I had several sessions of fue with Dr. Jones because of that experience.

Eastcoast,

I want to first say I am happy for you in that you stated that your hair now looks natural, especially considering your comments about Dr. Gallagher.

I appreciate your questioning the graft "range" I posted in response to Solid's questions. Please keep in mind that these are only estimations based on any patient's "appearance" goals.

You implied that the "only" way a HT looks natural is if "all" the HT hairs are as close to 1mm as possible regardless of thickness, caliper, etc. And you are certainly entitled to that opinion.

There are many patients including myself that would politely differ with your opinion. Why? Our goals vary. I do not know your age but after visiting well over 9,000 patients in my life time, some patients especially those over 40 years old may not want the level of density you spoke of. Generally speaking, we lose density with aging. Hairlines can move back with aging not attributed to MPB. In addition, the graft ranges I provided encompassed those who would desire a higher hairline including the temporal lobe areas. As you may have experienced yourself, the HT doctor typically will draw in the proposed recipient areas with a marker, but it is up to each and every patient to decide how much or how little they want.

Density in itself is not what attributes to a "natural" look, it is only part of the puzzle, important as it is. Even "partial restoration" can have a natural appearance if angulation is good, hairlines are not too low, etc. I have seen enough patients who were able to achieve great densities but their hairlines looked totally unnatural. As I had mentioned in my other post, Dr. Shapiro started my hairline but it was not complete relative to my budget. That hairline was "perfectly" natural in its appearance and not even one person knew I had sustained a HT! The result was like reverse balding, but it was natural.

The fundamental problem we face when we comment about others is we tend to view them from our own perspectives. I am as guilty of this as anyone else at times. What we think is right for others may not be anything even remotely close to what the "patient" desires.

Lastly, it is always ambiguous to provide estimated ranges for "any" hairloss class "until" the patient has stated his/her goals. How can one imply what is right for someone when too many of the facts are missing such as age, race, contrast, and the hair charatersitics I mentioned. Early in my career I had observed many patients who have the tight curl characteristics and I always had presumed these folks had mamouth densities. After closer observation of their scalp inlcuding donor areas, I found that many had natural F/Us that were rather spacious, more than 1mm apart from each other. But due to the spiralling of their hair cylinders, more surface area was covered compared to those with fine, thin straight hair.

I appreciate your comments and again congratulate you on your own progress. Take care.

Gillenator