donor shock loss question

Hi all

I have one quick question,im 25 days post op (2000 grafts) and i have bald patch below my scar.

Its 2 cm long and 1.5 cm wide.

And there is no one single hair in this bald space .

I have shock loss all around my scar area but im really worry about this patch.

I have never seen anything simmilar on this forum,

Is this normal shock loss?

Hi all

I have one quick question,im 25 days post op (2000 grafts) and i have bald patch below my scar.

Its 2 cm long and 1.5 cm wide.

And there is no one single hair in this bald space .

I have shock loss all around my scar area but im really worry about this patch.

I have never seen anything simmilar on this forum,

Is this normal shock loss?

same thing happened to me with my last HT and grew back, took awhile. didn't start growing back for about 6 months and then slowly filled in. Have the same thing again after my last HT, am 2 months out so no worries it does happen. It takes awhile to grow back but it will.........slowly. hang in there

I didn't have a completely bald patch but had a spot that severely thinned. It did come back around 4 months or a little more. Now, approaching 6 1/2 months it's completely back to normal. The hair shocked around your donor area isn't susceptible to MPB and should eventually come back if shocked out during the harvest.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

yeah, i had the same problem. im about 8 months past my HT and the hairs are just starting to grow back in my donar area. i was told it happens because of blood lost in the area.

I had no shock loss at all in the donor area on my first two procedures, however I had significant loss after my third procedure. I was informed by H & W's rep that this is not uncommon after multiple procedures. I had two completely bald patches below my incision, 1/2" X 3", one on each side of my head. They were visible even with my hair 1" long. I was worried also, but after 4 & 1/2 months most of the lost hairs are growing again.

yeah i think it will definitely grow again!

good thing i keept long hair in the back so i can cover my scar now.

its only visible if hair is wet.

fortunately i live in arizona so its never raining here!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I live in Boston, I got my hair transplant December 2005. I still have shock loss in the area beneath my scar. I hate having my hair long, just never looks neat, so I like leaving it short on the sides and back. Has anyone else ever taken over 9 months to grow back hair in an area of shock loss? What can I do about it? Treatments or products or another procedure??? Helpicon_smile.gif

I don't know about Minox helping you around the scar, I'd ask your HT doc or a Derm. I've never heard of it. At 10 months, I'm not sure I'd expect any more coming back around the scar. I had a little problem with this from HT #1, then with HT #2 I believe Doc Wong did a far superior job with closure than my first HT Doc and pretty much all shocked hair around the scar came back.

I have seen transplants done on and around the scar area. Usually this would only be if you want to clip your hair pretty close. Even with a little permanent shock from my first HT, if my hair was more than 1/2" long it covered it.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

are you guys talking that shock loss around donor area can be permanent?

Thats really scary!

My scar is noticable even with long hair covering it,and with avery day its getting worse.

i hope my hair will come back in next months

i will post pictures soon,i just bought camera today.

I'm talking about shock loss around the donar scar, and the shock loss on the donar scar, I experienced both, I'm still waiting for the hair to grow back on the scar, it's growing as fast as the transplanted hairs are growing.

Hey,

I just posted my shock loss pic in the photo album section of the forum. I forgot to mention that the fucidin-h cream and minoxidil have done literally nothing, and I've used them both for 7 months. From what people have been saying in this section, many had their shock areas grow back by now. Anyone interested please check out my other post. Thanks!

Maybe this will provide some comfort...Let all sing it!...

Sung to the tune of the Chipmunks Christmas song:

The HT Shockloss Song

Shock loss, shock loss time is here!

Time for hair to fall in fear

We've been good, but we can't last

Hurry hair-growth hurry fast!

Want some hair to fill my head

And I'd like to stop this shed

We can hardly stand the wait,

Please hair-growth don't be late!

We can hardly stand the wait,

Please hair-growth don't be laaaaate!!

• 2 months later...

THE HAIR AROUND THE SCAR STARTED GREW BACK RIGHT AWAY. THE HAIR ON THE SCAR HASN'T ALL GROWN BACK YET, IT STARTED GROWING AROUND THE 7TH MONTH, AROUND THE SAME TIME THE TRANSPLANTED HAIRS STARTED GROWING.