15% minoxidil

Guest wanthairs

Guest wanthairs

Have any of you guys used 15% minoxidil ? If so, what do you think about it ? I was wondering wether I should waste the money or not

damn 15% thats alot...

the one im using is 5% and it was labeled as "extra strenght"...15% should be labeled as super super strong...

it sounds promising but it also sounds something new as i never heard of it before, and i dont want to be a "test" so i wont try it out first.

like all drugs, it depends on the dose level, with different dose levels doing something different.

for example

1 mg finasteride blocks dht and 5mg is for prostate

1 capsule of tyenol is for headaches and alot more can cause death.

isint a side effect of minoxidil like increased blood pressure and heart rate? (not sure where i got this info from, i just remember people talking about it), so wouldnt it cause more people to feel increased blood pressure and heart rate with higher dosage?

15% minoxidil can draw a large crowd if you only had to use it once a day as upposed to the twice a day 5%

Guest wanthairs

it is marketed as zandrox15 by " Dr. Lee" you can google it and find out. Its been around for a little while but I cannot seem to find any reviews on it.....

• Moderators

Too much minoxidil will cause a heart attack.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
Originally posted by tisab:

^ seems to be a big claim...do you have support or evidence?

Read the literature for normal dosage. Some of the side effects are chest pains, blood pressure increases or decreases, heart palpitations, pulse rate increases or decreases, etc.

One of the side effects of absorbing too much minoxidil is an increased frequency of angina or new onset of angina.

It doesn't take a genious to realize that the higher dosage you continuously take, the more likely and the more severe the negative effects are going to be. At some level you are eventually going to kill yourself.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 years later...

I used to use 15% minoxidil with no side affects, however I now use 5% minoxidil with 5% azelaic acid it works like a treat. The minoxidil helps grow your hair and the azelaic acid blocks the DHT, it is a good combination and safe at the 5-10% level. Check out (Promotional website address removed. Please refer to our Terms of Service) Or just go on ebay and search minoxidil.

• 4 weeks later...

I had been using Xandrox15-Plus(expensive US$95) for a year with 5% minodixil as alternative supplement and 1mg propecia daily. To date, my hair loss had slow down and some tiny hairs grown on both sides of forehead. My side effect is friends telling me i looked younger...'m 54 though. Just want to share my experience.Regards.

• 1 month later...

I used Dualgen-15 from Mioxidilmax for about 8 months. Didn't have any side effects, and had pretty descent regrowth results. Though it is much cheaper than some other brands, it is still very expensive. One year would cost more than 160 pounds. About one month ago, I switched from Dualgen-15 to 5% minoxidil to try to save money. I started to lose hair now instead of growing hair. Did anybody have similar experience?

Also, I start to think about hair transplant now, my question is that can I get away from using minoxidil solution after hair transplant, or I have to continue to use even after the transplant?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I used minoxidil 5% for about half year, received some but not huge regrowth. Then switched to 15% minoxidil plus 5% azelaic acid without propylene glycol. For about one month, my hair lost like crazy. My thinning spot on the top literally became bald. Then, something magically happened. I saw baby hair coming out of my scalp everywhere, even in the area where I didn't have hair for years. I am glad that I didn't stop after seeing the crazy hair loss. So the higher concentration minoxidil worked for me, and much better than 5%.

Sounds a bit to much even though I haven't tested it, in the UK there is 12,5% on the market and even with that I haven't heard on anyone reporting better results than with the 5% solution and as someone said before side effects and scalp irritation would be a big issue to consider.

• 2 weeks later...
15% minoxidil can draw a large crowd if you only had to use it once a day as upposed to the twice a day 5%

I switched form 2 X per day with 5% minox to 1 X per day = zero difference. I think the twice a day thing is known as a "retail accelerator" in the world of marketeers :)

I switched form 2 X per day with 5% minox to 1 X per day = zero difference. I think the twice a day thing is known as a "retail accelerator" in the world of marketeers :)

Rogaine Half-Life? - Hair Loss Information by Dr. William Rassman

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 2 weeks later...