scalp tightness

Is it normal to feel tightness at the back of your scalp still after 3 weeks into a transplant.This is my third one with 2500 grafts and the prior 2 were 1200 and 800. i went back to my doctor and he said all is fine it must be jusy in my head. I am scared that he cut to much of a strip off. Will my skin stretch.I am really concerned and about this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Is it normal to feel tightness at the back of your scalp still after 3 weeks into a transplant.This is my third one with 2500 grafts and the prior 2 were 1200 and 800. i went back to my doctor and he said all is fine it must be jusy in my head. I am scared that he cut to much of a strip off. Will my skin stretch.I am really concerned and about this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Giz

My first 2 Ht's were tight for about 6-8 weeks ( especially the 2nd one) For the third I did scalp exercises, had about 700 more grafts placed, and had no tightness.

Tightness is normal. If you get it done again do the scalp exercises if you didnt this time.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

gizmo,

Welcome to our forum community.

As a few of our dedicated veteran members has already stated, this can certainly be normal. The tightness can also last up to several months but will fade with time.

Since Mrjb mentioned scalp exercises, it's important to know that you should wait at least 6 months after surgery to start performing these.

If you are curious as to what scalp exercises are, just ask, and I'm sure that one of our veteran members will explain it to you.

Best wishes,

Bill

The mind is a powerful tool. I just have this awful nightmare that to much skin was taken from my head and it will never loosen up again. I don't remember it being this tight on the last two. But maybe that is because I got 2500 grafts this time. I guess what I am asking for is for everyone to tell me it will be ok and my head will feel normal again like it used to.You need to hear that from others who have gone thru what I am, not friends who say don't worry it will be fine, and they have never experienced this. I have never been one to take medication in all my 48 years but this has messed with my head so much that I am now on anti depressants and anti anxiety medication. I hate them but I am so worried that I am never going to feel the same again. Scared to death.

it will be ok and your head will feel mornal again like it used to...

your current state of mind is a BIG reason why I haven't gone through with this yet. Not sure if Im ready for the emotional roller coaster or how I would respond to it.

Oh, MRJB I think Gizmo is one of the handles we shouldn't abbreviate on here---"hey giz".

So ultimately I am going to be fine with some time? I appreciate you all writing back to me. This is really tough. One day I have a 3/4 full head of hair and go in for a "touch up " on the frontal area and the next 3 weeks I want to crawl under a rock and disappear. Am I alone out there with this post depression and doner pain and numbness. I would love to hear from others that have experienced this.

Dont worry guys

This is normal.My 2 HT was really tight and my skin hurt from the stretching.. Since I have had my 3rd and biggest HT plus no tightness ( I did scalp exercises for number 3)

You will be fine, this is normal

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!