best repair hair transplant docters

i had 2 different docters(bucthers)do 6 transplants on me.dr giannotto in va and dr weidig which thankfully hes a retired butcher now.i been researching this forum and others.been looking at dr epstein,dr bauman,dr berstein,dr charles and others dont know who to trust.would like some input by people that have had like myself,butchers(docters you trusted)that tore your head up,then finally got a trust worthy docter to repair.stay away from dr giannotti in northern va.hell well follow.hope this will save someone from this so call hairtransplant dr.some experience on getting a good real repair would be helpful.one more thing,ive been reading others like myself that have had butchers tear there heads up,but have not said the drs, names we should all try and get these butchers out of bussiness before they have a negative impact on someone else.

i had 2 different docters(bucthers)do 6 transplants on me.dr giannotto in va and dr weidig which thankfully hes a retired butcher now.i been researching this forum and others.been looking at dr epstein,dr bauman,dr berstein,dr charles and others dont know who to trust.would like some input by people that have had like myself,butchers(docters you trusted)that tore your head up,then finally got a trust worthy docter to repair.stay away from dr giannotti in northern va.hell well follow.hope this will save someone from this so call hairtransplant dr.some experience on getting a good real repair would be helpful.one more thing,ive been reading others like myself that have had butchers tear there heads up,but have not said the drs, names we should all try and get these butchers out of bussiness before they have a negative impact on someone else.

Ahall:

I've had 4 transplants myself--2 by butchers & 2 via reputable FU doctors who performed repairs to the original plug procedures...I consulted with Dr. Berstein but opted to have Dr. Beehner & Dr. Cole perform my repair & FU procedures...repair procedures can make a tremendous difference in your appearance & self-esteem...gather as much info as possible before making a choice--that's the beauty of this site ...I would also recommend you look into the credentials of Dr. Vogel & Dr. Feller who are also extremely reputable doctors that you'll find listed on this site...also, you'll get plenty of great advice from other posters who have had similiar experiences & will share their stories...good luch with your research!

ahall,

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences so far...you have truly been through the mill.

Personally, I believe there are many doctors that you can trust, but ultimately having been down this road before several times and most likely in need of repair work, you are going to want to go to the "best". Now, the "best" is a relative term and also very personal in many regards. So here is my advice:

Do some research on "repair work" but limit your scope of doctor choice to the coalition: http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp.

This is my personal opinion (partially founded on fact), but the "big" names of doctors I typically think of when I think of the "best" are as follows in no particular order:

Dr. Hasson

Dr. Wong

Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Cooley

Dr. Rahal

Dr. Feller

Certainly there are other excellent doctors...but I'd definiately consider consulting with at least a few of the doctors I mentioned.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Ahall,

While I don't feel I've been butchered, I have had previous "work" that I would like to be improved and refined. Dr. Epstein in the Miami area and Dr. Vogel in the DC/Baltimore area are renowed for their expertise with corrective proceedures. A gentleman who is active on these forums as "NoBuzzforMe" recently had such a proceedure with Vogel. You should check out his postings. They offer a lot of insight.

Phil

I just wanted to share my experiences with Dr. Keene in Tucson. She was superb. Her service was very personable and she listened attentively to my concerns. Her technical ability was the best I have encountered. My situation was unique. I had damage from a previous unsuccessful hair flap surgery. I believe that surgeon was not very masterful and was unable to accomplish much. I was left with an ugly and unmanageable uncombable hair line. However, Dr. Keene was able to blend my remaining hair, (I had few donor sites left) to create an aesthetic effect that was quite attractive and natural. I was deeply impressed by her staff, her office and the procedure as a whole. Recovery time was very brief and the regrowth of transplanted hair was assured and impressive. I have had many transplants during the early days of transplant surgery, and Dr. Keene was a jem to work with. She was a consumate professional, kind, and enormously skillful. Further, there were no extravagant promises or silly pitches. There was no Bosley ads or sales people or anything that was ugly or commercial. It was clear that this was a clinic where the patient's welfare was paramount. Procedures were carried out to benefit the patient and I feel very confident that Dr. Keene represents the highest ethical and technical standards of her discipline. I heartily endorse her as a professional and as a person. I was quite lucky to find such a professional, and I encourage anyone interested in transplant surgery to seek her advice. She is honest, kind and reliable. I noted a disclaimer note in another posting. It read: I am not a doctor and all opinions I share are my own. I am not compensated by any doctor to be here and am here out of my own free will to offer help, knowledge, and wisdom to anyone who requests it.

I support that statement and can affirm that I too, am acting independently here. With all the horrific misinformation in this discipline it was a pleasure and the greatest good fortune to find a great practitioner like Dr. Keene. Dr. Keene has worked diligently to enhance my appearance. I hope to be treated by her again if I have sufficient donor sites. I trust her aesthetic judgement completely. I will be happy to post pictures to illustrate her work on my behalf. Thanks for listening and please, if you consider transplant surgery, consider the good work of Dr. Keene. I think simply investigating for yourself will be sufficient proof for most potential clients. The profession benefits from marvelous practitioners like her.

cheers

stuart,

Welcome to the forums. I encourage you, to post your detailed experience, graft/hair count, pictures, etc in a new thread so that we can see the work Dr. Keene has done on you. I am happy for you that you had a postive experience and that your transformation was a good one.

Please don't take this next part personally, but in order to remain consistent, I feel I should say this.

Whereas I agree that Dr. Keene is an excellent physician, your message sounds more like a marketing tactic rather than a sincere experience. I'm not stating that it is...but presentation can be easily misconstrued here, both for the good and the bad. You use many generalities and don't offer much in terms of specific experience that you've had. Again, this is not an attack, but an encouragement to share your specific experience with us. It's also a caution to those reading this, so they know what to look for when they do see a message like this that really IS a marketing tactic.

Again, I will say that because I've seen the work of Dr. Keene and anyone can find it by using the "find" feature of this forum by searcing for "Keene", I agree that she does excellent work.

Bill

Dear Bill:

Thanks for the response. But I did want to repeat that this was a sincere appreciation of a physician that did excellent and honest work. I am pleased as punch that I had such a good result because I had less stellar results in the past. There was no hype and barely a front of office staff with dr. Keene. I never received any messages from Dr. Keene or her office encouraging positive reviews. In fact I actually offered to write her such a testimonial and she politely declined.I appreciate the concerns of anyone in such forums that there can be stealth marketing agents in the forums puffing physicians, but I can assure you that is not my purpose. I am a middle aged academic and I would neither approve of such behavior or encourage it in others. If I did not feel strongly on this topic or wish to help others seek competent medical advice I would never advise anyone to seek out Dr. Keene. I realize my perceptions (aside from the surgical results) might only be anecdotal, but I assure you that these sentiments are genuine and not manufactured for some monetary or advertising purpose. As somoeone who has seen the legions of companies prey upon the hair loss patients of our society, I share your caution and suspician. You are right and wise to be cautious. There are many companies that will take advantage of the unwary consumer, but I can only say that my experience with Dr. Keene more than exceeded my expectations and my enthusiasm is genuine. Cheers, and thank you for the vigilence of the community.Undertaking any surgical procedure is serious business, and like you, I would encourage anyone to be VERY careful particularly with the rise of plastic surgeons and makeover fetishists around the country. Again I praise your caution.

Nope, no marketing here. I will try to include some pictures soon to show the results....

thaks again for the reply...

cheers....

Stuart,

Thanks for your reply. I suspected you were sincere all along, but because I have seen actual marketing tactics similarly posted, I wanted to caution that's what it looked like. But just as I said...because I have been around the forum for years and have seen actual work done by Dr. Keene, I can share your appreciate for her work, though not as personally as you can obviously. I'll look forward to hearing more specifics of your experience when you get a chance, graft/hair count and before/after pictures. Look forward to hearing from you.

Bill

Ahall,

I feel for you--I have been there---feel free to pm me and we can discuss our situations--I just visited with Dr. Hasson in Vancouver and his office and staff are incredible---I was there for a counsultation with the Doc and I met three previous patients (two that work there) and one returning patient who let me take a look at his work----and a guy that was in the middle of his procedure----he was taking a break and just walked into the waiting area where i was sitting----out all of my experiences this is a first---These Docs are great and encourage u to see all of their work-------Then one returning patient was sitting in front of me in the bright light and I had a comb going thru his head----It was impossible for me to tell he had any transplants---If it had not been for the tiny scar on the back of his head I would not have believed it--I was jealous and happy for the guy at the same time---so hang in there buddy-------There is hope out there for us both.

Rfla

i believe this butcher was.either way he was in rockville md.i believe a dr kiely has taking over the outdated doll head practice.

Originally posted by rodfl:

Hey was the Dr Weigel out of Maryland? near Chevy Chase Road?

R

Rodfl,

Not sure if you were refering to Dr. James Vogel who is in Baltimore or this Dr. Weigel (he may be with MHR in Chevy Chase MD)?? Check Dr. James Vogel repair cases on his website, very experienced and his plastic surgery background is likely a plus in scar revision as you have mentioned you may need. I would certainly NOT consider Dr.Vogel a butcher. My scar is very thin and hardly noticable after a little over three months.

NoBuzz

NO Buzz,

No I am not familiar with Dr.Vogel at all---I have only accused one Doctor of being a butcher and It certainly was not Doc Vogel---I was trying to find out more about a Dr. Weigle that I met with years ago---But I do have some questions for you--I would like to know more about Dr vogels repair work?? and his website

would appreciate your help

• Moderators
one more thing,ive been reading others like myself that have had butchers tear there heads up,but have not said the drs, names we should all try and get these butchers out of bussiness before they have a negative impact on someone else.

I just read this again. You are totally right, so I'll post mine.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE:

Dr. Gary S. Hitzig

Dr. John P. Schwinning

Dr. James J. Malecka

They are practicing in several offices in NY and NJ.

http://www.injuryassist.com/LIMA_Litigation/LIMA_Litigation.htm

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 8 months later...

Rich Giannotto hacked me up twice also! What a waste of good graphs,time, and money. The graphs are going the wrong way, only about 30 percent actually grew, (good thing, less bad work to hide)and the donor scar was so thick you would of thought I had someone initiate me with a branding iron on the back of my head! It hurt so bad to. I think he used a butter knife. I finally went to a real doctor, Dr Haber and he was excellent!