PRE-OP AND POST-OP ADVICE/HELP

HEY THERE.

I REALIZE ALOT OF GUYS ON HERE HAVE BEEN THROUGH IF NOT ONE BUT MULTIPLE JOBS.

I'M ABOUT TWO WEEKS OUT FROM MY SURGURY.

ANY PRE-OP AND POST-OP ADVICE WOULD BE A BIG HELP.

MY DOC HAS GIVEN ME THE ALL THE STANDARD PRE-OP RULES TO FOLLOW...BUT I'D FIGURED I'D TOSS IT TO YOU GUYS....ALOT OF KNOWLEDGE HERE I SEE.

--I'M 40YRS OLD...BTEWEEN A NW4/NW5.

--ON PORPECIA FOR A YEAR

--NIZORAL 1% 4 TIMES A WEEK...LAST TWO MONTHS.

AS I MENTIONED ANY PRE/POST OP INFO TO HELP THE SURGURY/HEALING PERIOD.

MY DOC IS DR.EPSTEIN

LOOKING AT 2600+ GRAPHS

THANKS,

MORE_HAIR

HEY THERE.

I REALIZE ALOT OF GUYS ON HERE HAVE BEEN THROUGH IF NOT ONE BUT MULTIPLE JOBS.

I'M ABOUT TWO WEEKS OUT FROM MY SURGURY.

ANY PRE-OP AND POST-OP ADVICE WOULD BE A BIG HELP.

MY DOC HAS GIVEN ME THE ALL THE STANDARD PRE-OP RULES TO FOLLOW...BUT I'D FIGURED I'D TOSS IT TO YOU GUYS....ALOT OF KNOWLEDGE HERE I SEE.

--I'M 40YRS OLD...BTEWEEN A NW4/NW5.

--ON PORPECIA FOR A YEAR

--NIZORAL 1% 4 TIMES A WEEK...LAST TWO MONTHS.

AS I MENTIONED ANY PRE/POST OP INFO TO HELP THE SURGURY/HEALING PERIOD.

MY DOC IS DR.EPSTEIN

LOOKING AT 2600+ GRAPHS

THANKS,

MORE_HAIR

morehair,

Congratulations on moving forward with a HT;

This link has pre and post op tips:

http://www.regrowhair.com/page/8/

you've been on Propecia for a year, which is a recommended prerequisite to a HT; also at age 40 your hair loss pattern is predictable and probably stable--under good thing as a patient;

Is the doc going to place the grafts in the frontal 1/3?; and maybe go for a 2nd session a year later? Did the doc give you a plan of attack? The only reason I am asking is that if you are approaching a NW5, 2600 will not give you full coverage everywhere; if the doc focuses in the front, 2600 should frame your face well; then a year later, you could do another session to fill in farther back and obtain more density; just some thoughts and comments; other posters may have other thoughts/comments

Hey Bill,

Pretty funny about the shouting...man that would have to be an angry guy to be shouting that much...lol...i'll keep that in mind though.

Thanks for the links.

Dhoose75,

also thanks for the link.

Yes,Dr. Epstein was real clear on the plan of attack.

Our plan has most of the graphs hitting the frontal 1/3...I have more hair then the Norwood scale lets me show you.

In other words I've seen nw4/5 guys with almost NOTHING up front/on top...that is not the case with me.

I have "decent" coverage up there...so yes we are hitting the frontal 1/3...but stretching some up a little...maybe sprinkle the crown to shade it abit.

Dr.Epstein during my consult was real helpful and a good listener.

When i spoke with him on the phone he had mentioned that the day of the surgury we would spend as much time as needed to "draw" up the master plan.

I'm a little concerned about how to construct the part of the hairline that's going to be new...Dr.E said not to sweat it...we will nail it down the morning of.

I've seen a few different hairlines here and it's a bit confusing what's best for who.

I've seen Gorpys hairline on this forum...and sent him a couple of emails about it.

I like the way gorps hairline turns (left or right depending on which side you're looking)

as it travels up his head.

In other words when his new hairline hits his existing hair(on the side) it doesn't create a 90 degree angle.

Anyone know what i mean ??

Thanks all,

More_hair