Hassan and Wong anyone?

Fortunately many people here have had a good experience with Hanson and Wong. Just use the Find tool and do a search through the forums to see their results.

Though at 24 many people here will consider you to be too young to consider a HT. If your not already on Propecia I would get on it for 6-12 months to see how well you respond to it.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

how many grafts? i couldnt access ur link. i wouldnt let age play too much of a role, im also 24, and got my entire hairline filled in. the most important thing is that u feel comfortable with ur doc, and it seems like u found a good one.. i spent a year meeting with and researching different docs till i was ready to do it. as long as u understand that being this young, another HT is is likely a few years down the road.

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

I'm a graduate of the Hasson and Wong (Doc Wong) school of hair restoration and couldn't be more pleased thus far in my journey. I'll be updating my Hair Loss Web Blog soon for updates. The experience was great all the way around, no exceptions.

How much loss have you experienced? Do you have any pics you can post? Though there are many posters who've had HT's at your age (some younger), it's tougher to determine your ulimate loss at your age so you may want to try Propecia (Finasteride) and/or Minoxidil for a year or two while considering the HT.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I agree with Jake and Hairbank stabilizing your hair with Fin for a year before a procedure could help prevent shock loss and help maintain for the future as your very young still at 24 I presume you still have some hair on top and should make your focus and goal to save that hair while researching before your procedure as much as you can. I am 4 years older then you and just got back from my consultation in Vancouver last Friday, yes H & W are exceptional (I am having my first procedure in a few months with Dr. Hasson). The tuff thing about hair loss and hair transplants is that often times waiting can be your best asset and friend, by that I am implying if you wait till you have a better sense of your future hair loss or expected hair loss you can better approach you procedure for hair line, graft decisions, also letting propecia or other dht inhibitors time to reduce dht suppression so you can actually help prevent some shock loss, stabilize your current hair and in some cases even improve hair quality. Do as much research as you can looking for people with your characteristics...age, hair type, density, nw level, and see what procedures and or medications worked best for them. Again if you choose to H & W their work speaks for its self you will be in the hands of one of the best the world has to offer. Take it from me four years ago I almost went to Bosley to have 900 grafts put into my hairline, luck this forum and a few years of research has changed my understanding and out look for the best, and I hated waiting from 24 to 27 but now I have a much better sense of the battle to come and the correct steps to win.

Best of luck

• 1 month later...

Wow,

didn't expect people to actually respond but hey THANKS.... I loved your site "hairbank", acutally read through all of your blog and saw your progress pics. They were amazing. I am 24 and am VERY distintively bald. I have a complete hole baldness at the crown about 2.5 inches in diameter and my front is just creeping up on me. I am really feeling the pressure. While I was young I was pretty much a jock and had many girls around me all the time now its pretty much in isolation cause my self confidence took a HUGE hit and need some help. Hence why i want to do the hair transplant asap. I did pay a visit to H & W and got the initial consultation from Dr. Wong and he recommended that I go on the Propecia pill for about 8 months. I think i've been on it for about 1 or 2 months now and i don't see much difference. I still loose quite a bit of hair. I will provide some pictures later one but don't have any at the moment. Can someone suggest me to do something. Thank you all you are making my life ALOT easier. Thank you once again.

Cheers,

Nathan.

You are going to hear the same from most folks on here, submit pictures, get on meds and stay there for awhile. Get lots of consults with top docs, your money your head. Don't worry about cost or travel, spend the time and money, you don't want to get this wrong. Again, you are not buying a toaster, SPEND THE MONEY AND THE TIME AND DO IT RIGHT.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

needhelpimbalding,

I don't have anything new to add here, but do listen to my fellow comrades here...they are giving good advice. I got my first HT when I was 27 years old...and have lost more native hair since then...but yet at the same time, I look better at 29 now then I did when I was 27 before any HT. I have one more HT coming up in October with Dr. Hasson. I wish you luck in your journey. Get on Propecia ASAP.

Bill