DR FELLER UK PATIENT / RICHIE48 /2100 CROWN GRAFTS / 15 MONTH UPDATE PICS very slowly getting better and better

richie48

Hey guys .

I have included a link to my original post about my experiences with Dr Feller

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost...x.php?showtopic=3141

For newbies i had 2100 crown grafts with Dr Feller in November 2007 , and been on 1mg proscar daily since June 2006 .

Dr Feller said 18 months to fully mature .

Immediatly post and pre surgery.

51.jpg25.jpg

Summer 2007 before my HT and Nov 2008 , 15 months after 2100 crown grafts

DSC00227.jpgDSC01923.jpg

Below are more shots with different styles , and lighting , this helps when giving as honest account as possible .

DSC01727.jpgDSC01729.jpgDSC01731.jpg

thanks for looking

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Again more styles to help people understand what can be achieved and that you arn't restricted to one style .

I change from swept back to moody emo to surfer depending on my mood hahahaha .

DSC01633.jpgDSC01632.jpgDSC01628.jpg

DSC01902.jpgDSC01920.jpgDSC01910.jpg

DSC01924.jpgDSC01800.jpgDSC01806.jpg

ALWAYS DO AS MUCH RESEARCH AS YOU CAN .

TOP SURGEON = TOP RESULTS

thanks for looking

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

From left to right ..... summer 2007 ..... april 2008 ..... september 2008 ..... february 2009

summer20072-1.jpgDSC00320-1.jpg

DSC00681.jpgDSC01798.jpg

It is intresting to show these comparison pics side by side .

Thanks richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Im with the other guys here too Richie. Great pics for a sincerly honest visual. I also think that this is a great example of a case where you really waited to see great results. I realise that because you have such thick hair in other areas, this only made it more difficult for the crown area to look "grown in", and be consistant with you the rest of the style. But you have been rewarded for your patience. And obviously with your choice of a top Dr. I hope you continue to see even further improvements. Good luck!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Richie,

It's been awhile since we've seen you on the forum. Welcome back :-).

Your hair's looking great now with very minimal signs of thinning in the crown. Hopefully Propecia will help minimize the risks of future hair loss for you and minimize the need for subsequent surgeries in the future.

Glad to see you're enjoying your new hair!

Bill

hey guys , thanks for the replies ,

Raphael and spex

I have had continued growth over along time for crown work , mine is very slowly getting better and better , even after 15 months I've recently , in only the last month , had pimples and new stuble coming up on the weaker right side of my crown work , so I know I'm still growing which is increasingly incouraging .

HI Bill , nice to be back with and update ,

When I started on the meds , way back in june 2006 I had a big shed , so I simply shaved it all off ungaurded , as it grew back over the next few months I noticed the condition of my hair was alot better , thicker shafts and denser over my scalp , between 6 - 9 months and i knew the shed was over and by then my hair was growing strong enough to style and people even commented , i just told them i was taking meds to re-grow my hair , I don't really give a fuck what anyone thinks anyway , at the end of the day I don't want to go bald so I'm taking positive steps to prevent it , this made my feel more in control so i worried about it less and less , the finishing touch was my Ht .

Below left is the pic which made me realize I was going bald , taken in march 2006 , before the meds , I had a really good response in the front and first third of my head from meds , the crown sadly was too far gone , I still had some hair but nothing i could even style , so i had it filled in with 2100 crown grafts .

For newbies

The area covered with the HT was almost a square , 7cms by 5cms thats an square area of 7x5 =35 cm2 , i had 2100 grafts , mathmatically that equates to approximatly 60 grafts per cm , the majority where grafts with two hair in , I have always had a longer hair style and wanted to keep it that way , I explained this to Dr Feller so we had the same goal from day one .

Below march 2006 and now

march06edited.jpgDSC01430.jpg

Thanks

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Hey Richie,

your hair transformation looks phenomenal, congrats!

One Question:

you had ZERO graft placement on top/frontal third, yet your response from "meds" looks absolutely stellar. Question being, if you cut your hair down as short as your pre-meds pic do you think it would be as "thick" in appearance? I only ask because the transformation looks so great and it's hard to tell given the different lengths. Judging by your post med "grown out" shots, looks as though you have no loss. Have the meds really helped in *this* SIGNIFICANT of a way, as appears by your pics?

I'm suffering from Damn Sucks Ba*$@s A@!! Male Pattern Baldness as well...had to bury my grandmother last weekend! AhHAHHAHHAHhahaHHHAha....she had a weird accent anyway--- AhHAHhaHHAHAHhHAHAHH!!!! told every body at work I crashed my wheel chair, hence the "bald spot" in my crown..AHHhahhHAHHAhAHAHAhhAH.....anyway, DR. FELLER looks to be the best way to go, especially judging from your pics; let me know about the hair length discrepancies and meds, and what not! AhhHAHAHhahHAHHAAHhahHAhAHAHh!!!

hey benedict

I have posted more pics from march 2006 and early December 2006 it shows the improvement while just using the meds , I had been on meds since June 2006 ,

The first pic is from march 2006 , the next pic is December 2006 only 5 months after being on meds .

march06edited.jpgphonecardpics21207352_edited.jpg

The early pics aren't best quality but you can clearly see how bald I was going , I was left with an island of hair at the front , thin on top and a balding crown , the meds have improved my front and top and all but halted any hairloss , the crown has been improved from 2100 grafts .

This is Feb 2006 and August 2008 after meds and a crown HT .

feb06edited.jpgDSC00810.jpg

I now just use 1mg of proscar per day , this works out better value for money , tight yorkshireman I'm affraid .

I believe my native hair is still getting better due to continuation of taking meds .

These pics are to help any guys thinking of trying the meds , I have had no side effects .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Very nice! Yer pretty much set! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks for the comments guys

Than , I keep up to date with your own progress and things look great for you .

Hairthere , hahaha I have two ages , real and a racing age I've been late 20s for a few years now hahaha so call it early 30s

cheers

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Hey Richie,

That's really good progress you've had with the meds mate, which is very reassuring for me as I too started taking the same drug (Proscar) in December. I've always been skeptical when it comes to taking tablets in the treatment for hair loss, but seeing those pictures would certainly encourage me to stick with the Proscar. But is it true that Proscar is only effective in preserving hair at the crown and not the front? Or have you found it to be effective in maintaining a full head of hair?

Cheers

G

hi gtdl

Thanks for the comments bud

I beleive that proscar was only clinically tested on the crown results , so can only claim to help in the crown , however there are a few cases good results from the front .

I also think that the meds help in the places that havn't suffered hairloss as bad , and after a certain time your hair is beyond saving with meds .

for example , i lost most of my hair in the crown and the meds only had a little effect there , but over the top and front i had very good improvement , i believe this was due to my hairloss beeing less servere at the front and over the top .

I hope that makes sense

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Ah yeah, that makes sense Richie because when I started on the Proscar, I was told that it would be beneficial for me because I don't have much hair loss anyway (just a receding hairline or 'M' shaped one). So the meds really act more as a prevention than a cure to hair loss? Would I be right in saying that?

• 3 months later...