recipient scars anyone?????

baldboy

hi all,

it has been 2 months post my HT surgery... i've noticed many pitted or tiny holes at the recipient site.. some have hair and some don't..any idea what's going on with me?? did my doctor screwed up on putting grafts too deep or making large incisions??? i hope this is'nt permanent.. please!!! i like to hear from anyone.

hi all,

it has been 2 months post my HT surgery... i've noticed many pitted or tiny holes at the recipient site.. some have hair and some don't..any idea what's going on with me?? did my doctor screwed up on putting grafts too deep or making large incisions??? i hope this is'nt permanent.. please!!! i like to hear from anyone.

The holes are most likely more visable due to the fact that they are waiting for the hair shaft to emerge. I noticed the same thing prior to the actual hairs coming in.

Who was your Doc and did he use a small gauge instrument/needle/punch ? FU's or mini/Micro's ?

NW

nw,

thanks for your quick reply. i hope what you say is true. i got my ht done at mhr. they told me they used a very small gauge needle..but really how would i know that.. i was also informed they used fu's.

i just read someones post were he had pitted scarring at his recipient sites and blames the doctor for poor technique.. that's scarry. i too might be a victim... seriously anyone, do you guys think i'm a jackass for going to mhr???

i read horror stories about them.. icon_confused.gif

Hi baldboy,

My first transplant I also notice holes, and pitting. I even had one right in the front of my hairline that looked like a donut hole. Kinda like a sucked in hole. And my Doc at the time said that he transplants FU's. Soon after the procedure it was obvious that they were not FU, they were mini, and micro grafts. These scum bag doctors play with words a lot. When I had ask my doctor at lenght about an all follicular unit transplant. He said "yes, he does an all follicular unit transplant." Technically when their transplanting mini's and micro's, they are transplanting follicular units, and that's where they probably got you. From what your describing, and the fact that you went to MHR, I would say you got mini's, and micro's. But don't panic! I personally about 2 days after my first transplant plucked out the donut hole graft, as well as a few others that just didn't look right. The rest of them did grow in ok, and it did give me good density. But the hairline did look pluggy, and hence I just had my second hair transplant 6 days ago with Dr. Bernstein to soften up my hairline. In your first post you said that "MHR said they use a fine needle, but how could you tell." Didn't you see the instruments they used on you? With Dr. B he uses a 19 guage needle, and I saw it plunger and all when he was making the recipient sites. It's only been 6 days (a week tomorrow morning 3/17) since the procedure and there are NO signs of pitting. In fact just a few more scabs need to fall off, and I'd say I'm healed. I'm adding 2 pics so you can see the quality of work done. At this point I'm pretty amazed. It took me over a month and a half from my first procedure to heal to the point I'm at now only 6 days after my procedure with Dr. B. Also, the donor area feels fine. After my first transplant, my donor area stayed numb for close to a year. Anyway, my advise to you is not to panic. See how things come out. Then if need be, go to one of the top doc's to patch things up.

Good Luck

Mr. Hair

My_Stuff_3_040.jpg.15426187fc1c0fac70a78a838f41cb86.jpg

baldboy,

I'm not sure if you got FU's or mini's and micro's but what's done is done. If it doenst look good to you, it CAN be fixed. Now that you here, you'll learn everything there is to know about HT's and you'll be able to make informed, wise, decisions from here on out.

If you got FU's and you do have some pitting, it's not that bad. I had work done in the beggining stages of an FU transplant in the mid 90's. I have some pitting but it's really only noticeable when there lighting directly over head.

Take a look at my hairline here: http://www.hair-restoration-info.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=5696015661&f=3466060861&m=7516058352

You can't really see the pitting. I can post some pics where you can definitely see it if you'd like.

thanks all for your replies.. i really hope after 6 months or so..my expectations will be met.. so i'm just crossing my fingers for now.. I really wish i found this website before i had my procedure done.. but as one of you said "whats done is done"... so wish me luck.

baldboy:

Yeah, some of MHR's docs are okay. There is just more risk of scumbags there than elsewhere, I suspect.

You are right, what is done is done. Hopefully, you will be okay. If not, then some repair work may be necessary. The important thing is that all is not lost, regardless.

I guess all you can do is hope for the best while preparing for the worst. Preparing for the worst means understanding what repair work will be necessary and what you can achieve if it is necessary.

I hope that you won't have to do that. But IMO, if you got an HT, then you shouldn't live with hair you aren't happy with.

Money can be replaced, after all. Personally, I'd gladly trade money to fix a situation that I am suffering from but was not my fault.

Remember, EVERY person here was a potential Bosley/MHR patient until they found this site. I sure as hell was. And then I happened to "stumble" on this site on a hunch. What I'm getting at is you can't beat yourself up on essentially bad luck.

Hope things turn out okay.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.