Consultation with Dr. Keene

bezane

Went to Tucson the other day for a consultation. Someone had told me to go up to Minneapolis to consult with Dr. Shapiro before I did anything. So I was was happy to learn that Dr. Keene and Dr. Shapiro have a close working relationship. While I'm certain that Dr. S is ultra top flight, another travel day outside my area isn't necessary.

Anyway Dr. Keene exceeded my expectations. Her website pictures are second rate compared to what she's doing there. She has some patients that are off the chart perfect. She told me she just hasn't gotten around to updating.

She cut to the chase. Never slammed the previous surgeries, just offered a wealth of positives. I could tell she's all about boosting confidence.

And whie she is polite, smart, great looking, perfectly manicured she has a swagger and arrogance. She knows she can get it done.

The negative was that compared to other experiences, the price seemed like a bargain. So immediately your guard goes back up. I looked at her and she read my mind and said she knows she shoud charge more but right now, that's the rate.

Tucson is convenient for me so that also factors in. Dr. Shapiro is also close with Dr. Williams in Las Vegas. Right in my backyard.

Right now I'm leaning toward Keene. My physician is female. My cosmetic dentist is female. So to say that I'm comfortable with females is true even though it's a silly bias.

She wants to do 2400 grafts in the front and is chalenging me to come forward on the hairline here and there. Her reasoning was very sound.

Anyway she educated me quite well. Her approach is simiiar to all the masters but unique in some ways.

She advocated drugs just to be sure that the sides don't drop or the crown although she doubted it would.

Great experience.

Went to Tucson the other day for a consultation. Someone had told me to go up to Minneapolis to consult with Dr. Shapiro before I did anything. So I was was happy to learn that Dr. Keene and Dr. Shapiro have a close working relationship. While I'm certain that Dr. S is ultra top flight, another travel day outside my area isn't necessary.

Anyway Dr. Keene exceeded my expectations. Her website pictures are second rate compared to what she's doing there. She has some patients that are off the chart perfect. She told me she just hasn't gotten around to updating.

She cut to the chase. Never slammed the previous surgeries, just offered a wealth of positives. I could tell she's all about boosting confidence.

And whie she is polite, smart, great looking, perfectly manicured she has a swagger and arrogance. She knows she can get it done.

The negative was that compared to other experiences, the price seemed like a bargain. So immediately your guard goes back up. I looked at her and she read my mind and said she knows she shoud charge more but right now, that's the rate.

Tucson is convenient for me so that also factors in. Dr. Shapiro is also close with Dr. Williams in Las Vegas. Right in my backyard.

Right now I'm leaning toward Keene. My physician is female. My cosmetic dentist is female. So to say that I'm comfortable with females is true even though it's a silly bias.

She wants to do 2400 grafts in the front and is chalenging me to come forward on the hairline here and there. Her reasoning was very sound.

Anyway she educated me quite well. Her approach is simiiar to all the masters but unique in some ways.

She advocated drugs just to be sure that the sides don't drop or the crown although she doubted it would.

Great experience.

Dr. Keene is very top-notch and does an excellent job at creating a very natural hairline. Like you, I, too, have female doctors and a dentist. I think they bring a different approach to the table. And Catus Kudos for doing the homework and taking the time to find the right doc for you.

Bezane, you nailed the description of Dr. Keene. I never mentioned it before, but yes, her in office pictures look fantastic, GQ quality. Her web site pics are not up to that. But hey, if you're fully booked, what's the point? It is my opinion that her hairlines are the best. That's why I went with her. If your emphasis is on the hairline area, go with the best.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by pb-resurrected:

I also go to a female doctor and dentist ??“ I find they aren't as arrogant as their male counterparts - probably better at their job too.

I like Dr Keene's work too.

PB

Bashing females vs their male counterparts wouldn't be politcally correct, but bashing males is acceptable. Your post made me laugh icon_biggrin.gif . BTW, I employ two female dentists and one male dentist. I'm a male dentist. In my opinion, gender has nothing to do with the quality of work. It's the qualities of the human being that matter. Just my two cents.

Michael

HT 1-13-06 Dr. Cooley 2600 grafts

My Hair Loss Weblog

My Photo Album

I wouldn't call that bashing. But in reality, there are differences between the genders, like it or not.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by ifloss:
Originally posted by pb-resurrected:

I also go to a female doctor and dentist ??“ I find they aren't as arrogant as their male counterparts - probably better at their job too.

I like Dr Keene's work too.

PB

Bashing females vs their male counterparts wouldn't be politcally correct, but bashing males is acceptable. Your post made me laugh icon_biggrin.gif . BTW, I employ two female dentists and one male dentist. I'm a male dentist. In my opinion, gender has nothing to do with the quality of work. It's the qualities of the human being that matter. Just my two cents.

Sorry, I shouldn't generalize; I'm just going by the experience I've had. But aren't women's smaller hands/fingers better for dental work icon_wink.gif? I don't suppose the size of the doctor's fingers makes a difference when doing HT work though.

PB

Sorry, I shouldn't generalize; I'm just going by the experience I've had. But aren't women's smaller hands/fingers better for dental work icon_wink.gif? I don't suppose the size of the doctor's fingers makes a difference when doing HT work though.

PB

PB,

I was not offended at all by your statement. You feel more comfortable with female health practitioners. I only go to female massage therapists, I wouldn't say they are better than males, I just feel more comfortable with them.

When deciding on a female dentist or HT surgeon, the most important physical attribute is not hand or finger size, but breast size. The bigger the breasts, the less need for pillows to prop up your head. In fact I hear they use them as a platform and it gives them direct line vision onto your head or into your mouth. Sound ridiculous?- exactly my intention. Thanks for the laugh.

Michael

HT 1-13-06 Dr. Cooley 2600 grafts

My Hair Loss Weblog

My Photo Album

icon_biggrin.gif TOO FUNNY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bezane, what a problem to have, Shapiro or Keene? I think most would agree that you can't go wrong either way you go. I am not sure about the female/male thing, but I agree with the bigger breasts theory. I mean come on, ifloss is a doctor, guys!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

C'mon ifloss. You are a straight male. Call me prehistoric. Call me antiquated. Call me a pig. But is there really a choice of gender when choosing a massage "therapist." Please. Execute me, but I could never have a guy feel me up like that. Not that there's anything wrong with it. And is it really therapy? I thought it was just a way to get a kind of "safe cheat" in on the girlfriend. I live in as Vegas. A massage "therapist" on every corner. Quite relaxing. I used to be blind and lame but now I can run and see. Thank you "Jade" for your excellent body work and "therapy."

I consider myself highly evolved but when Rebecca touches me (I'm on a first name basis with my physician), it frustrates me. And if Dr. Keene reads this I'm sure I'll receive my deposit back and have to make that trip to Minneapois after all.

But seriously guys, I too advocate the big breast theory.