HT blues

• Administrators

Troy,

Life is too short to put it on hold waiting for new hair. Get busy living and when your new hair does come in it will be icing on the cake.

After all, it's only hair not who you are.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by troy:

I am scheduled for a Ht with Dr Rose in about a month, and have put dating off untill after im done and healed. I am anxious, excited, nervous, but a little bored. I feel like my life is on pause untill Im all healed, did anyone else feel like this?

I'm scheduled for a HT next thursday - I'm also anxious, excited and nervous but too busy to be bored. I'm married so dating was already off icon_wink.gif but I certainly won't be going to any of the Christmas parties I've been invited to... I won't be going out until it's dark either but that isn't a problem seeing as it's dark nearly all the time at this time of year where I am. I'm planning on going back to the gym as soon as the healing process allows but I'll wear a cap there - lots of guys wear caps at the gym so that won't be a problem either. Going back to work after the HT IS going to be difficult though.

PB

Good luck in your transplant PB. I'll be looking forward to hearing about it.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by Gorpy:

Good luck in your transplant PB. I'll be looking forward to hearing about it.

Thanks, Gorpy! I'll let you know all about it (with pics) as soon as I get back.

PB

Pat is right, hit the gym, get those endorphins going get a date with a new chick....Life is good. As far as chicks and hair go its only a very small piece of the puzzle....more important to us than them....relative to your attitude and how you treat women.

And I completely disagree about missing the christmass (family)parties. I did my Ht on dec 21, layed around until the 24th went to dinner at my sisters house (big Party), (with my santa clause hat on!) showed some people, they said good for you! on christmass Day I was deep into the swollen and bruised eyes, (looked very, very hungover) but I just said WFT get on with it(more parties). Wear baseball caps. then I was back at business 1-5-05 consulting with a client in san diego, some of the men looked at me a little funny, One woman, very extroverted was interested and asked about it. She said good for you.

I guess it all depends on your character. Personnally I prefer staying at home (or elsewhere) on my own until I'm comfortable with going out and seeing people. And nobody knows I've had an HT.

Got a funny story about that. Some of us, HT patients, are worried about the fact that their HT might somehow be detected by others under bright sunshine or in any other unforgiving light. And I must admit I can be like that at times.

Well yesterday evening I was having dinner with an old friend (who doesn't know about my HT). And we came to talk about one of his male colleagues who had his "bits" chopped to become a woman. Anyway, he was saying that this "person" was now approaching 40 and "therefore" (I liked that word) was getting bald, which added to his/her weird look. So he explained that he/she had had an HT in early 2005. Of course i was very interested in this conversation topic!

So I asked "but how do you know?"

He said "come on, you can tell when someone's had an HT, you see the rows of plugs, it's obvious."

So I asked "and he/she doesn't care about that?"

He said: "apparently not, he/she's happy with it".

I said "well I think I'd rather be bald than having rows of plugs on top of my hair"

He said "me too. But we're lucky because so far it doesn't look like you and I are getting bald"

I can't tell you how good that last comment made me feel. This guy has known me for years, and has a nasty habit to look closely at everyone to check them out. We were sitting in a restaurant, with some spot light shining above our heads, and yet he could not tell. That's the kind of comments that makes me think "God that money I spent was not wasted".

Just thought I should share this story here, to bring some hope to those who need it.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Funny story, Hairworthy. I have had similar converstations with people. One that comes to mind was when me and a couple of friends were watching an episode of Seinfeld. In it, Jerry and Elaine were having dinner in a restaurant and looked over at another guy that was eating. He had a ball cap on. They were remarking on how he must have had "plugs done" because he was wearing the ball cap.

One guy that was there said, "That is so stupid. My uncle had it done and everyone can tell. You can always tell."

Me, sans hat, looked over at him and feigned mock interest: "oh yeah?"

Him: "Of course! It looks awful! I'd just shave it all off if I ever went bald!"

This, of course, coming from a guy that is 28 and has a hairline that nearly meets his eyebrows.

Now, none of these guys know that I moderate these forums. None of them know that I had a hair restoration procedure done. None of them know that I have ever had an issue with hair loss. Just for fun, I figured I'd push the issue:

"How do you know you're not just seeing the bad ones? Maybe you just can't spot the 'good' ones because they are, in fact, good?"

"No way, man" he said, looking at me (and my hair). "I could spot one a mile away."

Everyone else there agreed that they, too, could tell.

So, hell, I agreed with them too. Just for fun. icon_wink.gif

Troy,

No need to put your life "on hold" bud. Use this time to really put yourself out there. Like Pat said, hair is hair. It's only the icing on the cake of the package that is you. Yes, you will come out the other side of the procedure with more hair, but there are plenty of guys with full heads of hair that don't live life to the fullest. Make sure you aren't one of them.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

hairworthy , I am thinking like you, I am really excited to get the ht done and over. My wife left me over 2 years ago for another man, It has not all been bad, in fact she kinda bugged me, lol. I went through 2 year custody battle and finally am done with that. I do everything for my kids, I decided to do this just for me. And when my kids are at there mothers Im going to go chase a lot of women!!! My best friend just got in with the hooters girls and wants to start setting me up, but I want to wait untill Im all healed from the ht at least. I will have some funny stories to share as well as before and after pics. I guessed I feel like Ive already made up my mind to move forward with this, now I just wish it was all done and over so I can start my next chapter in life, and its going to be awesome!!

Troy, Is this an emotional decision or a rational one,.I was also looking for a break and reward. I was rudely awakened.You have 14 posts. Stay here for six months before doing anything.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Originally posted by Mahair:

Troy, Is this an emotional decision or a rational one,.I was also looking for a break and reward. I was rudely awakened.You have 14 posts. Stay here for six months before doing anything.

Mahair, you're too much man! You've come a long way since 2003 though. What's with the " first cut is the deepest"?

Mahair

Mahair , it is both. I have put my time in on this site and believe I have one of the best doctors doing my ht (dr Rose) so I am excited. Do you regret your ht, or your doctor. I have read a lot of post from you, you seem to know a lot about hts, however you seem a bit negitive.

Re Troy's posts:

By all means, go on with your life after a brief period of recuperation and healing. The new hair will come in due time. You do have one of the best as far as a doctor and you should feel reassured about that. Just try to avoid "romanticizing" about hair restoration making life perfect, solving all your problems,

etc. An improved appearance and resuling confidence can certainly help but those traits have to come from within.

Re Robert's post:

I am well aware of the many derogatory, hurtful, and sarcastic references to "hair plugs" in the media and entertainment. The most recent was in the commercial about identity theft which was otherwise very funny. You are correct in that these are almost always the brainchild of "those who have hair down into their eyebrows". But for those of us who have suffered the snide jabs are no laughing matter.

Phil

Troy & anyone else --- live life bro!

I shaved my hair down to match the HT. everything looks good when it's sorta the same level. I think putting life on hold is bad for your post op recovery. Isolating and worrying only makes the process longer and more unbearable. Besides I know most of us didn't hide away while our hair was falling out, we struggled with ways around it, however that method may have worked. LIVE LIFE BRO!

Shiny Side Up!!

I think I will lay low untill I get my stitches out at least. That would be quite a predicament, if I was on a first date and she wanted to run her fingers through my hair. What would I say "please leave my hair alone I just had a ht" lol. So I will lay low untill I am back to pre op. I think a lot would agree with me.

Originally posted by PCC:

But for those of us who have suffered the snide jabs are no laughing matter.

Phil

I can't agree with you more. I didn't mean for my post to be taken as making light of anyone's situation and I hope it wasn't taken like that.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog