Would you consider this a bald spot?

So I was playing with my hair and on the top I run my fingers across a spot with somewhat more brittle hairs and all of a sudden I feel the coldness of my finger on my scalp.

So I decide to investigate and I take out my trusty cellphone camera and... damnit! there's a small point of thinningness, but it is very small to the point where I wonder if my hair is just naturally like that..

I already use minoxidil for the front so I was wondering if perhaps I should throw a small dab on the top just to keep things in check. I don't think I could apply the stuff on the top of my head twice a day (that would mess up my hair way too much).

So would using a single spray of spectral dnc or a small dab of xandrox 15 to the top of my head once a night before I go to bed be enough to totally fill it up and solve the problem before it actually becomes a problem?

Would xandrox 15 cause too much shedding on the top?

Or is it only normal to have a tiny bald spot on the top of the head and should I not do anything at all?

Help me out guys...

IMG00008.JPG.5d3a65a26245791be766bf48e9f8ed08.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I was playing with my hair and on the top I run my fingers across a spot with somewhat more brittle hairs and all of a sudden I feel the coldness of my finger on my scalp.

So I decide to investigate and I take out my trusty cellphone camera and... damnit! there's a small point of thinningness, but it is very small to the point where I wonder if my hair is just naturally like that..

I already use minoxidil for the front so I was wondering if perhaps I should throw a small dab on the top just to keep things in check. I don't think I could apply the stuff on the top of my head twice a day (that would mess up my hair way too much).

So would using a single spray of spectral dnc or a small dab of xandrox 15 to the top of my head once a night before I go to bed be enough to totally fill it up and solve the problem before it actually becomes a problem?

Would xandrox 15 cause too much shedding on the top?

Or is it only normal to have a tiny bald spot on the top of the head and should I not do anything at all?

Help me out guys...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's difficult to tell whather your hair is thinning via a visual inspection, simply because by the time it's noticeable, you've lost more than 50% of your hair there. This, after all, why HTs work - the fact that you don't need original density to have an appearance of original density.

If you're picking hair out of the drain after a shower or if you have an unusually large amount of it on your comb/brush, you should probably get on minoxidil and/or finasteride; otherwise, probably not a big deal.

Matt, You didn't mention your age which is an important factor.

You mentioned you were using minoxidil in the front, (Minoxidil has not been proven to grow hair in the front ) Is this because you have noticed thinning there? Or just trying to stay ahead of the game?

It's hard to say if that is the beginning of Male pattern baldness, although it does not appear to be.

Please let us know your age, that will help.

Ultimately, you should see a dermatologist to be sure.

I wouldn't be to concerned at this point as you have a lot of hair! icon_smile.gif

honestly i would NOT call that a bald spot.

i think 90%+ of all people have that, its just that your hair is going in all different directions and thats the point where it seperates

for example a cyclone, there is nothing in the middle as everything swirls around it

also it may seem to be a bald sport more than it is if there is light directly above the hair when u take the pic

take the pic with no flash and no light and youll see more hair surrondings

Matt,

Honestly, I don't know...but allow me to say this:

IF you just noticed this, it is POSSIBLE that it's the beginning of hair loss. I know for about 6 months to a year, I wondered if a small patch (similar to that) in my crown was the beginnings of a bald spot or just the way my hair sat when it was styled. Well, I lived in denial for some time until the area was getting bigger and then I couldn't deny it anymore. Losing my hair became a reality that I did NOT want to deal with.

Needless to say, how you handle it at this point is your choice. How I might handle it is one of these ways:

A). Don't take any medication, but take monthly progress pictures in similar lighting to monitor the area to see if anything changes

B). Start on minoxodil to see if it has any effect on the area (regrows hair), etc.

C). Start taking finasteride as to minimize the risk of losing (more) hair.

It really is up to you as to whether you want to take the risk and wait it out. Of course, I don't know if you want to be like me 5 years later and say "I wish I started taking finasteride when I first started losing my hair".

I don't think, however, there is any harm with option A above...but if you DO notice any changes and the spot is getting bigger, you may want to consider medical treatment.

Bill

A little difficult to tell but, IMO, yes your crown is likely starting to thin because it looks more pronounced than a normal "whirl" pattern at the crown and I can see more scalp. Reminds me of the sucky day I first started noticing the same thing 17 yrs ago at age 23.

If you're not on propecia(finasteride) you should get on it ASAP. Staying with Minox will also help.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi

I think it could be the startof something as people "thin" differently. There are people with a full head of hair and a bald spot in the back.. Did you always have this ?? Hoe old are you?

We cannot make an accurate call without this

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Honestly I don't know if I've always had it or not, since the back of my head isn't really an area where I pay much attention to ever.

I suppose throwing a dab of minox on there once a night can't hurt since I'm already using it on the front.

Oh yeah and I'm 19 turning 20 very soon for those asking for my age.

I'm not gonna do finasteride again cause that stuff kinda messes me up..

Upon further inspection with the aid of mirrors, the hair back there is in fact starting to be kinda thin...

This is just great, I thought all I had to worry about was the front, I guess the good news is that treatments are proven to be more effective back there, and if I recall correctly my uncle had some pretty good results just using rogaine alone.

Matt,

I'm sorry to hear that you are thinning...but as you know, we are all her in a similar boat. I was once there, and now I would be bald if I didn't receive 3 hair transplants...of course, i waited until I was a NW5A before I had my first HT which was good, because those who just start to lose their hair are simply not good candidates. I recommend getting on finasteride to see if that will help control the loss...slow it down or even regrow some hair.

Bill