Just walked in the door from my ht procedure

After careful consideration over the past 5 years, I chose NHI and DR. Rassman. I literally just walked in the door from the procedure. I'm not sure what I have waited for the past couple of years, as this was no worse than going to the dentist. The only moments of any considerable pain were the initial injections (which lasted only about 30 secs.) I was offered some gasses to inhale to ease the pain and anxiety of the injections, but declined. As for everything else, I didn't feel a thing, but I know there will be a little pain tonight once the meds start to where off, but I've got my painkillers. The enitre staff was friendly and joked about. I will keep you all up to date.

After careful consideration over the past 5 years, I chose NHI and DR. Rassman. I literally just walked in the door from the procedure. I'm not sure what I have waited for the past couple of years, as this was no worse than going to the dentist. The only moments of any considerable pain were the initial injections (which lasted only about 30 secs.) I was offered some gasses to inhale to ease the pain and anxiety of the injections, but declined. As for everything else, I didn't feel a thing, but I know there will be a little pain tonight once the meds start to where off, but I've got my painkillers. The enitre staff was friendly and joked about. I will keep you all up to date.

Lightning1,

Glad to hear of your great experience with Dr. Rassman and staff. As you probably know, he has been around a very long time and does some very good work. He is credited a great deal for his contributions in FUT technology in the early nineties.

Thanks for your input and we will look forward to your results along with you. How many grafts did you have done and did you do a strip excision or FUE?

Have a good night's rest and wish you the best in your healing and future GROWTH!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Lightning1

Congratulations you have joined the ranks of the previously follicely challenged!!!! We would like to get the details of your procedure, amount of grafts, NWlevel, length of surgery etc.

Dr. Rassman and Bernstein have provided an enormous amount of published material on this subject and appear to be among the most comprehensive of docs!!!

Welcome to the club, we need pics!!

TMAN

It's day 2 and I feel fine. There is some soreness in the donor area, but nothing that can't be handled. As for my personal details...I'm almost 30 years old, but started losing my hair at around 18 or 19. As soon as rogaine came out, I was on it. Then, when propecia came out, I got on that. So, I've been using Propecia for just about 6 years, maybe a little more. Because of the success I've had with Propecia, I was able to halt the process to abour a 3 or 4 on the Norwood scale for the past 6 or so years. It was only hairline work I had done. I have very dark hair and very light skin, so it was suggested that I have 1400 grafts, which I agreed to. I was also given about 100 more grafts for free because thay had extras from when they had removed the strip. Once everything got started, the whole procedure took about 5 hours, but it went by fast. When I made my appointment, I was told that I was "lucky" because I had gotten a spot with Dr. Rassman on the normal schedule (meaning he wasn't charging the $10/graft fee, but the standard $6) I'm not sure if it was because another doctor would be absent for a couple days and his schedule opened up or what, but I paid $6/graft. I have to go right now, but I'd like to say that I would have never considered this type of procedure had I not had such faith in Propecia. I've used the product for 6+ years and it has been extremely effective. I can't stress enough to younger guys or those who are just starting to lose their hair, to get on Propecia and make it a commitment. Then, after making the commitment, one can start thinking about HTs. Just my personal opinion!

Thanks

• 1 year later...

lightning1,

I don't know if you're still around, but are you satisfied with the results? I get the impression that when you signed up for the procedure that you didn't know which doctor you would get (i.e. either Dr. Pak or Dr. Rassman), is this correct?

Thanks.

Hi

Wow, $6 a graft is a little high.. Regardless congrats on the procedure.. Now be patient and you will see some great results in about 6 months BUT will need a year for the full cosmetic results.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!