My 2nd Procedure im getting 50cm/2 that is good right?

damo

Damo,

That all depends on what is in the recipient area right now compared to your virgin density levels. Since this will be your second procedure, are you having the same areas worked or are the grafts going intpo a new completely bald surface area?

Generally speaking, if your restoration can achieve 50% of original density, you should get good coverage. Possibly you desire higher density levels than that especially if you have straighter hair, not as coarse. Any wave or curl characteristic will help the visual for appearance of density.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Damo,

If your getting 50/cm2-- then yes that is great density coverage. Even if your orginal hair is very dense, 50/cm2 is good. Also with 2nd HT, you will be very pleased. MOst patients get around 30-35/cm2 (even though many think they are getting more) and that amount looks completely natural-- also usually the hairline starts lower with cm2 and increases in the transition zone and midscalp areas.

Gillenator im getting the 2nd procedure in the same area as my first procedure.I have slightly curly hair and the surgeon told me my hair is quite coarse.Smoothy i cant wait to see how it turns out as 50cm/2 will be excellent coverage.Ill have to post the pictures for you once i have some growth come through in 6 months time.

Damien

Damo,

With those type of hair characteristics you should look awesome like you never had any genetic hairloss! Can't wait to see your future pics and don't forget to save some donor for any future procedures you may want, especially for the transition zones.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Damo,

Correct me if I am wrong, but your physician is Dr. Jennifer Martinick, correct?

If I am not mistaken you had your procedure in June at around the same time that I had mine.

Dr. Martinick is an impressive physician, in my opinion. I speculate that you will be as happy or happier with the results that you get from the second procedure as you got with the first.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Robert yes Dr MArtnick is my surgeon.Im very happy with my results from her.Ill be extremely happy if the 2nd procedure which is less then a month away turns out that it doesnt look like im a person thats losing hair ill be over the moon.Gillentaor i will still have about 2500 more gratfs to save up for maybe another if i need it.Ill be sure to post you guys the pics staright after then progress pictures later down the track.

Damo

• 1 month later...

Hey Damo,

WOW! You must be very excited! You are in great hands with Dr. Martinick and am confident you will have another fine result. Best wishes to you and let us know how things turn out.

Gillenator

Damo,

If my calculations are correct, your next procedure is tomorrow. I figured I would go ahead and "bump" your thread to offer my best wishes on a successful surgery.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Well thankyou .My second surgery is all over now. I had it on the 20 May you were spot on there with the dates.Im abit sore at the moment as can be exspected but releived ive gone through with a second procedure.I had a heap more grafts filled in the front to mid region again at roughly 45-50 grafts cm/2 then had some for the first time put in my crown area, about 300-400 for good measure at a lesser density just so i can get the coverage as its not completely bald there.I cant wait for some pics so i post it to you guys on here.The whole surgery went for nearly 6 hours so it was a long one.Once again thanks for your support much appreciated.

Damo

Damo,

Congrats on you second HT, I am sure you will be delighted when it grows in. I am 5 mos after my first HT and happy as you were on your first, however I am also considering my second. I will be very interested in your insights, for example do you look bald again now while you wait? Shockloss, and all those other important issues. As always, best wishes.

HH

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Hairhope i think i have suffered abit of shockloss which was to be exspected but i think when the 2nd lot grows through its going to look like a forrest lol.Ill be sending some pics on this forum in the next few days with post and pre op pics to show everyone with a new thread written.Once again thanks for your supportive comments.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys thanks for your comments.Im 7 months post op now.Had a checkup the other day and they said that its only about 20% through.Give it another 6 months and it should be about 80% through.Ill post a pic of myself in September this year but theres not much growt hat all but it shows you how good my 1st procedure was too.

Rgds

Damo

Damien_hair_Sept_2005.JPG.da8df7595b7b5a5fca6d9465301c5769.JPG