Too Many Side Effects with Propecia!!

hair shedding,less sperm,man boobs,weightgain,mood swings,smaller erection,less sex drive,change in face,paranoia.

are all these side effects true? and if so is it all worth it just for hair!!!

hair shedding,less sperm,man boobs,weightgain,mood swings,smaller erection,less sex drive,change in face,paranoia.

forlife,

If I am not mistaken this is your third thread started on Finasteride and its side effects alone. Can you do me a favor and keep it on just one? Thanks in advance.

Now, to address your concerns, if you would just settle down a bit and give some long-time posters a chance to respond, then you will probably find that the side effects of Finasteride are not all that prevalent. Yes, a few users do occasionally experience a lack of sex drive, decreased sperm count, etc. for a period of a few months, but this usually goes away after continued use. I am not advocating Finasteride, but I am a current user (and a "victim" of a mild side effect) and I seem to think that the benefits far outwiegh the consequences.

I advise you to let long-time users reply to your post and to form your own opinion. Most of all, do your own research. Go to the "Find" button at the top of your screen. This pulls down a blank box that you can use to search the forums' archives. Use this to get the pulse of the forums on Finasteride and anything else that has you concerned. Most of all, good luck.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

metro,

If I came off as abrasive to "forlife," then know that that was not my intention. You said yourself that someone may be looking for a "quick response" and that people "do have lives."

Believe me when I say that I know where your statements are coming from. It is my job to point out the different functions of the forums to help this poster save time and energy. I think that the "Search" function helps to alleviate this.

Also, when someone posts the same topic over different threads, it can push down other posters' questions that may need to be addressed and thus, they can get lost in the mix. While answering "forlife"'s question, I was also looking out for the best interests for all posters on the forums.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

"we don't anymore mudflinging in here..."

Exactly my thoughts. As far as I am concerned these forums are now "back to business." That business being to help out fellow patients like ourselves.

Thanks for you concern and participation.

-Robert

Forlife,

I've been taking propecia for years, and have noticed none of the side effects you've mentioned. If anything, I think my sex drive is elevated, go figure. Check with your doc about it and if you begin taking it and see something or feel something you don't like, you can stop taking it. But don't just write it off, there's too many taking it with no adverse effects.

There has been a lot of discussion about Propecia(finasteride) on this and other forums. The side effect is said to have an impact on a very small amount of individuals who take the medicine with many of the effects going away after a few months.

There is actually a post on here about how one doctor thought taking propecia could help prevent prostate problems as it is a lower dosage of the prostate version call Proscar.

There have also been a number of posts commenting on the lack of long term studies of Propecia, if you are interested look for long terms studies of Proscar instead.

There is a saying every drug has side effects the issue is understanding the short and long term outlook vs. the stated benefit.

Just my opinion!!!

For anyone else interested in starting a regimen of Finasteride or any other DHT blocker and is concerned about the side effects, you can check out some more information here.

-Robert

• 2 months later...

Yup ! I am a happy fat Man with boobs and no sex drive, but I have hair !!

Kidding !!!!

I have had no adverse reactions over 4 years on Propecia..the onlyreaction is no hair loss and a thicker crown.

I echo NW in my experience. I will have been taking Finesteride for three years next month (December) and the only noticable side effects have been a halt to hair loss and a thicker crown/vertex. I think it is wise for anyone less than a Norwood 6 who has undergone hair transplantation to give Finesteride a serious long-term trial. Hair transplants can be amazing, but it is crucial to stabilize the hair supply/demand deficit for long-term satisfaction.

GratefulHead

Absolutely per Grateful, you must give Propecia a try--escpecially if you had a HT. I've been on Propecia for 7 yrs and hasnt had a problem with any side effects. It stopped/slow done progression on hair. 50% of men have some type of regrowth.