Craig Ziering

safette

I understand how advertising works and I do understand your code of ethics. It is all very well intended but in my opinion once a doctor has paid to appear on a site or put an ad somewhere the whole system fails.

Once again, this statement underscores how little you know about how this community operates. How successful do you think we would be if we recommended any doctor who paid us to add his or her name to our list of recommended physicians?

Yes, a recommendation from the Hair Transplant Network can significantly raise a Clinic's profile. If money was the bottom line I'm sure we could double the number of recommended physicians in short order but our recommendations would quckly become worthless.

Doctors are recommended by this community through a lengthy process that includes presenting examples of their work for scrutiny by forum members as well as both public and private input from our other recommended hair restoration surgeons.

The founder of the Hair Transplant Network, Pat Hennessey has literally traveled the world in order to personally meet with and review the clinics we recommend. In order to be recommended, the first step is for a clinic to contact us and express interest.

To my knowledge, Dr. Ziering has not expressed interest in presenting his work for review. Thus he is not recommended. This is not a reflection of the quality of his work.

In the rare instances that a recommended physician ceases to deliver the results or patient care required by our standards, they are removed from recommendation. If you stick around here long enough and care to learn about the community, you will quickly learn who those doctors are.

I look forward to viewing your hair restoration photos.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I just had an HT w Zeiring (posted on a separate thread). Before the mob starts stoning me and blasting me as a fake poster, check out my posts from 2004 under the name fortune. That was done w Dr Shapiro who was great in every respect. That post has pictures etc well

And yes, this board was very useful source of info for me (a lifesaver in fact) that helped guide me towards one of the better surgeons and not some quack out there. ANd for that, thanks to everyone here.

Different circumstances now, which prevented me from making a trip to Minneapolis again. Searched around in LA and Ziering was the perfect match. A few observations --

1. Ziering is very patient -- does not rush the consultation or the surgery -- my session started at 7 am and ended at 6 pm, and only 2100+ grafts !! -- but not becuase there was dead time in between - but he was very meticulous, explaining the whole process (running comentary) and being extra careful in graft placement .. which brings me to ...

2. He did NOT buzz any of the recipient area(unlike Shapiro) -- this was a huge plus for me as my graft is totally not detectable -- this was very important to me personally and he took extra care here to meet my expectations. I actually had brunch 2 days after surgery w a friend of mine and he had no clue i had a transplant until i actually told him.

3. His staff is great as well -- you know, hearing all the negative comments about him on this board (lus the MHR history) and having been through a transplant at the hands of an excellent surgeon (Shapiro) before, I was extra vigilant and nitpicky in trying to look for any faults (hey, is that a trainee instead of the veterans that I was promised? is that tech just rushing? hey, is there something fishy going on? etc. etc.) -- but honestly I could not find a single flaw.

4. If you are in the Los Angeles area, YOU HAVE TO GIVE ZIERING A CONSIDERATION. You may not like his excessive marketing, or the Beverly Hills 90210 type showbiz proclivity, but doesnt matter -- in the end, all you want is a great hair transplant -- at a reasonable cost -- yes that is all there is to it -- all the doctors are doing it for the money, and I am glad they are doing it or the money (that is the definition of a professional in our caitalist system which I happen to like) -- and for someone who is of that profile, he was extremely humble and down to earth --- I did not detect any hint of arrogance in him

I know I need to post pictures, and will do so shortly once I sort a few things out. But I think its my duty to give back to this forum in terms of any meaningful and new information that may be of help to anyone who is considering an HT.

And finally --- for all Newbies -- a good HT - if you can afford it -- is worth every penny you spend on it -- dont believe the naysayers -- my life totally changed after getting one -- both personally and professionally. Not everyone looks good in a shaved head (my big head certainly doesnt) and not everyone wants to take hormone affecting propecia (I certainly dont and I dont care what medical studies are out there, no one knows the end game on these non-essential drugs whose real nastiness sometime is revealed decades later)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

I’m looking into consulting a physician in the Las Vegas area for FUT. I’ve been reading a lot about the procedure and doctors. Does anyone have recommendations for a physician in Las Vegas? I’m not sold on Dr. Ziering just yet and I wanted to visit as many doctors as possible.

Thanks!!

Hello Everyone,

I’m looking into consulting a physician in the Las Vegas area for FUT. I’ve been reading a lot about the procedure and doctors. Does anyone have recommendations for a physician in Las Vegas? I’m not sold on Dr. Ziering just yet and I wanted to visit as many doctors as possible.

Thanks!!

I'd personally recommend Dr. Joseph Williams. He's a member of our elite Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians and highly respected by the hair restoration community. Let me know if you have any further questions!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for the recommendation Doc! I looked at Dr. Joseph Williams website. There wasn’t a ton of information on there so I will have a better idea once I meet with him. Would it be in my best interest to head out towards California for some other consultations? The commute is easy so I’d rather head to CA if that’s where I would find the best doctor for the job. . . Any doctors out there you recommend?

Thanks again!

I'm entering 3 months after my surgery with Dr. Z and I'm having a ball with it. He is my second dr and if you would like to message me, I will tell you all about it.

I posted that I had a great experience with him and asked why he wasn't mentioned in the forum and was attacked in the forum as a fake.

I've been dealing with hair loss since 1991 have now had 4 surgeries and most doctors that I have consulted with have said that I seemed to know everything about the industry both regarding surgery and future treatments.

I saw Ziering in Hollywood but I know he has an office in Vegas. If there's things you are not sold on as you say, just bring up the issues and I'm happy to tell you what I experienced. Again, I'm only 3 month out put will have another procedure next year to finish off my density. It looks great so far

Renlv -- I also had surgery w Ziering almost six weeks ago and while it is too early for me to comment on the results, the procedure itself went v well. Already having been through a good HT in 04 w one of the recommended doctors on this board (Ron Shapiro), I have a sense that this one too will turn out v well given the placement of hair.

BTW when I was at the Ziering clinic for a follow up a week or so ago, one of the nurses informed me that Dr ROn Shapiro was supposed to perform surgery at the Ziering clinic that day. I was hoping to meet Shapiro in person but didnt work out the way I had planned timing wise.

I think they are both great doctors, although Ziering is not yet recommended on this forum. He is definitely v much into marketing and franchise building but as I have stated on other posts on this forum, I really dont think it matters as long he is focusing on you (which he does) and you are getting a good transplant at a competitive price with good follow up care as and if needed - that in my opinion s what true professionalism is all about.

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

Guys,

Please keep in mind that no one will ever be harassed or penalized for sharing their honest results on these forums. It does not matter if your physician is recommended here or not; we are an open, fair community and all genuine experiences are welcomed and encouraged.

However, in some cases, when a new poster signs up for an account and sings the praises of a certain doctor without truthfully sharing the experience, providing photographs, updating an online hair loss weblog, etc, it's viewed by some members as planted, fabricated promotion. Whether this is right or wrong, a lot of our seasoned members have become quite accurate at detecting the promotional/spam posts from the legitimate and react accordingly. However, again, I assure you that all genuine experiences are welcomed.

If any member feels like they are being unfairly accused of promotion, please feel free to contact me (via private message) and explain the situation, or, even better, silence your critics with objective evidence.

I hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Fortune – Thank you for replying to my message. The more information I gather about the doctors definitely makes me feel more comfortable. Plus I can educate myself and know what to expect in my visits.

I’m going to visit with Dr. Joseph Williams and Dr. Ziering’s office and let you guys know how the consultations go.

Thanks for the help.

Blake – How do I send a private message to you?

• 5 months later...

It's been almost 14 months since my HT with Ziering, and I would definitely say I recommend him. I second everything that fortune and hopeful have said here.

Having had Ziering as my HT doctor, I do feel somewhat unwelcome here with the negative posts about him from longtime members, but I honestly don't give a rat's ass what they think. All I care is that my HT of 2700 grafts turned out great.

Like fortune, I'm also not taking propecia for fear of the long term affects, as well as the potential ongoing negative effects that I experienced when taking it for a one month trial period. Ziering was able to provide me with alternative advice, he didn't buzz my hair during surgery, and he didn't rush the surgery. I have had numerous checkups with him in the past 14 months, and he always sticks around until I'm satisfied that he has answered all my questions. Yes, he's a commercialized Hollywood doctor, but he's also a meticulous and surgeon. There's probably other doctors out there that are just as good or better -- I'm just saying that you shouldn't count him out based on what other people in this forum are saying.

I am real, and no I do not want pics of myself (or hair) on the Internet. But I would be willing to talk to anyone off this site about my experience.

It's been almost 14 months since my HT with Ziering, and I would definitely say I recommend him (note that I posted earlier in this thread). I second everything that fortune and hopeful have said here.

Having had Ziering as my HT doctor, I do feel somewhat unwelcome here with the negative posts about him from longtime members, but I honestly don't give a rat's ass what they think. All I care is that my HT of 2700 grafts turned out great.

Like fortune, I'm also not taking propecia for fear of the long term affects, as well as the potential ongoing negative effects that I experienced when taking it for a one month trial period. Ziering was able to provide me with alternative advice, he didn't buzz my hair during surgery, and he didn't rush the surgery. I have had numerous checkups with him in the past 14 months, and he always sticks around until I'm satisfied that he has answered all my questions. Yes, he's a commercialized Hollywood doctor, but he's also a meticulous and surgeon. There's probably other doctors out there that are just as good or better -- I'm just saying that you shouldn't count him out based on what other people in this forum are saying.

I am real, and no I do not want pics of myself (or hair) on the Internet. But I would be willing to talk to anyone off this site about my experience.

I had my Surgery with Dr. Ziering and I am only 40 days since the restoration surgery and can not comment on the final outcome however I visited Dr. Z in his West Hollywoood office and it was a great experience, great guy and his staff is really knowledgable and have great chairside manners.

In my opinion so far he is a great surgeon and I would go back again, once the hair starts growing I will make more comments.

I think that the reason he does not want to be a member of the coalition is that he has already built a stellar reputation without using pay to play internet an may feel that it would be diminishing to his reputation, also since his practice has been established much longer than this forum he may not view Pat as being qualified to judge him as a surgeon and may just not be willing to participate. After being on the national TV shows like " The Doctors" and "extreme makeover" as well as a many other apperances, he may feel that these facts plus advertising in "New Beauty" magazine is enough exposure and that he does not need this sites recommendation.

In the past I have not mentioned my doctor so far because it does not seem right on this coalition forum but since someone else started the thread I felt it was ok to chime in with my ideas and opinions as an actual patient of Dr. Ziering.

Finally, I would like to say thanks a million to all the great advice and support I have recieved here on this forum because I felt pretty alone in my MPB suffering and also much anxiety over the procedure, pre and post care, you guys are really appreciated by me for sure.

I will provide another report in a few months...

Edited by OneHairLeft

• 2 years later...

Totally agree with bonkerstonker!! Hopefulhair is an absolute liar!!! Zeiring is well known for being a very sales driven clinic with sales consultants who earn a comission! People like hhair should be completely banned from this site for fake posts!!!!

I wrote a very long write up about my consultation with Dr. Feller, and then a second very long write up about my HT with him. Does that make me a fraud? Nope, I'd made millions of posts before hand asking questions about everything. The difference here is when these posters come out of the woodwork for the first time to leap praise on a doctor who tends not to be too highly thought of. Most first posters tend to be in despair, not at the end of their journey.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 3 weeks later...

So if someone wants to write a long piece about their experience makes them a fake. What a load of bollocks..... I had FUT last Wednesday and wanted to write a piece detailing from my consultation to the day of surgery to now a week later. So because i want to go into detail for others to read who are contemplating going through it makes me a fake. ?? :mad::mad: