Do you know the techs that will be cutting and placing your grafts?

When you enter into a contract with a physician,make sure that you get in writting that his most experienced techs will be working on you, you don't want the newbys, let them practice on someelse, at any given time half of a clinics staff is new

When you enter into a contract with a physician,make sure that you get in writting that his most experienced techs will be working on you, you don't want the newbys, let them practice on someelse, at any given time half of a clinics staff is new

Very good point.... I make it a common response to tell every prospective patient to ask how long each member of the staff has been with a particular Dr.

Under 2 years is a red flag IMO, unless the tech worked at another top clinic and relocated, etc....

I think at most top clinics the turnover is very low--- the Docs know that the techs are very important and how hard it is to find a high quality tech.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

This is an interesting topic. Since the techs do actually place the grafts, it's pertinent that they be highly trained. Even going into my first two hair transplants, I didn't really think to ask those questions. I did, however, ask those questions for my third HT, but it was AFTER I've already selected the doctor. I think you'll find for the most part, that the well respected physicians have well respected technicians. After all, they are a vital part of the process

Off topic: I believe this is my 2000th post :P

Bill

In some respects, the techs are almost as equally important as the doc. Wasn't there a recent poster where the techs drew the hairline, etc. Damn that was grim.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90