Hair Transplant for $2 a graft

There are many in LA area (where hair transplant supposedly was discovered by some group of medical geeks 15 years ago). Many trained technicians and Doctors who associated with Bosley earlier have their own clinic now. There is one in LA near I-10 Freeway that advertises $2 a graft. They have 2 doctors, 4 technicians and in the area for few years. It is The Lord Clinic. Has anyone have had any expereince with the Lord?

I have not heard of them, but this cost has been discussed on here a lot. I believe,as a buisnessman myself, you can cut cost to a point, after you goto far then you start to cut service. for example. To have good people you have to pay them and treat them good, or they will leave and who would want to goto a clinic where they have high turn over, I know I wouldnt. In order for a clinic to do large successfull sessions it takes a full team therefore it costs money. Yes the docs make money, but they deserve it. I wouldnt make this desicion on money. If you cant afford it wait untill you can. and when comparing prices make sure its apples to apples. Picking a great ht doc is like getting a top attorney, they can save you, or a bad one can bury you. BE VERY CAREFULL!!! also stay on here for a good 3-6 months and read a lot of posts. good luck

you need to educate yourself a bit. first, hair transplants where discovered over 50 years ago and not in LA, second a clinic that advertises per graft(especially at that low of a price) in one of those trade or weekly papers which i'm assuming is where you found them, might be a case of getting what you paid for, a cheap deal for a cheap transplant. Again, i have never heard of this clinic, but from your information, you need to start with your education first, because name dropping Bosely is never a good thing.

I totally agree with Troy. if you don't have the money to do it right-don't do it. If you search this site you will find many folks who are still trying to overcome a bad hair transplant. There is no way someone can have a top staff and operation for $2.00 a graft. I would save my money and go to a top doc for an evaluation. Even with a top doctor you will have staff turnover but you at least have a fighting chance for a good job by going to someone who is highly rated on this forum. Are there other doctors who will do a good job-sure-but not at $2.00 a graft. I am certain of that.

I am in Los Angeles and saw that ad in the Los Angeles times. My friend was ready for transplants and I gave him the ad to investigate. I never thought he would just go and schedule a surgery based solely on price, but he did. When I saw the hairline I was shocked. It was perfectly straight edged U-shape that was too low for his 46 year old face. He told me that a young girl had drawn the hairline on and asked him was he thought. He was so freaked out by the whole thing he just said fine. No one else had any input into the hairline design. It looked horrible when it began to grow. After a year of hat wearing he went to HandW to see if it could be fixed. They did their thing and it looks 80% better. Still too low but not the first thing you notice since it is more natural looking.

Also they told him at HandW that he had received far fewer grafts than he had paid for. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. I do know that it looked horrible....since I saw it with my own eyes. I thank god it wasn't me.

NewHairAgain - Based upon your past couple of posts, you seem to be placing your bets on (a) price, (b) name ('stature' / advertising / years in the business) and © location.

Sadly, all of this means little or nothing. You can go to the cheapest and get poor results or you can go to the most expensive (as I did before with Bosley), and still get poor results. Price - high or low - does not equal top results.

Secondly, don't let the trendy names who spend millions in advertising fool you. They are not the best. I learned the hard way. I encourage you to do as suggested here and learn from this site.

Don't limit yourself to local doctors. Instead, visit H&W in Vancouver, Ron Shapiro in Minnesota, etc. A little travel will go a long way to achieving great results!

You might want to start with the Coalition of Surgeons.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Thanks for all of your replies. All are trying to tell me that price is not something you should look for. If it takes more money, pay it, but get the job done right. Hey, I need to let you know that I had transplant done at Bosley. Paid top dollar and reult was unvelievable. People in this industry were appalled to see the result. I wasted my money. I do not want to pay my money for highly paid commercials that go every week all across nation.

I have seen that Bosley still charges a lot compared to others. People go by brand name. But others can manage the same thing for half price, say between $3 to $5 a graft. I guess anyone who charges beyond $5 then you are basically paying them to run thir big offices nationawide and the commercials people watch on main national channels. And anyone trying to pay less than $3 then they have to worry about quality.

What I am surprised is that Dr. Chang has been around for more than 10 years right in the place where HT happen the most, in Los Angeles but no one knows about it.

Originally posted by NewHairAgain:

Thanks for all of your replies. All are trying to tell me that price is not something you should look for. If it takes more money, pay it, but get the job done right. Hey, I need to let you know that I had transplant done at Bosley. Paid top dollar and reult was unvelievable. People in this industry were appalled to see the result. I wasted my money. I do not want to pay my money for highly paid commercials that go every week all across nation.

I have seen that Bosley still charges a lot compared to others. People go by brand name. But others can manage the same thing for half price, say between $3 to $5 a graft. I guess anyone who charges beyond $5 then you are basically paying them to run thir big offices nationawide and the commercials people watch on main national channels. And anyone trying to pay less than $3 then they have to worry about quality.

What I am surprised is that Dr. Chang has been around for more than 10 years right in the place where HT happen the most, in Los Angeles but no one knows about it.

If you've already had one bad HT with bosley, why take the risk? You only have a limited amount of donour hair, why would you risk having sub-par results to save a couple of bucks and an airfair?? Why not go with a doctor with a proven track record? That's the closest thing to a guarantee that you have, because no one will give you one in writing.

Bosley = Trouble.

I don't know this from personal experience...but take a look on these forms for awhile...do NOT jump into anything. I think I'd say about 98% of the posts I've read about Bosley have been extremely negative.

I agree with my collegues above...do NOT let price sway you....the best advice I can give is....

Take a look around the forums here for awhile, do research on some of the top docs in the industry...check out patient photos, meet patients in person if you can...talk to real people that have had transplants, not just the showcases...and then make an educated decision on who to go to.

This clinic may be great....but it's a risk if you can't find anyone who's heard of it or ever got work done there. My advice, since you are coming from Bosley with a bad experience....get it done right this time....go somewhere based on your knowledge of previous excellent work they have done.

Bill