Turning back the Clock!

Two reasons for this post:

1. Not many other people would appreciate how excited and happy I am with being very nearly 6 months post-op from a HT. For so many years I'd look into the mirror and sometimes get a bit bummed out from noticing a slow hairloss in my temples and my crown typical of MPB. Now when I look in the mirror I am genuinelly thrilled with watching this "reverse balding process". It really is like turning back the clock!

and

2. I want to offer encouragment to anyone currently or soon to be going through the doldrums (2-5 months). I know firsthand how much that time sucks, but it does get better and better!

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Two reasons for this post:

1. Not many other people would appreciate how excited and happy I am with being very nearly 6 months post-op from a HT. For so many years I'd look into the mirror and sometimes get a bit bummed out from noticing a slow hairloss in my temples and my crown typical of MPB. Now when I look in the mirror I am genuinelly thrilled with watching this "reverse balding process". It really is like turning back the clock!

and

2. I want to offer encouragment to anyone currently or soon to be going through the doldrums (2-5 months). I know firsthand how much that time sucks, but it does get better and better!

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hello irish homer & Bill!

I just broke down and purchased a digital camera so I'll be able to post some 6 months pics next week when I'll have more free time. I recall a thread here about how to take good pictures and I'll look that up & learn how to use the new digital & get the photos onto my computer & up on this website (I'm a little slower than you younger fellas with this computer and new technology).

I also promised Dr. Cooley and Ailene that I would make a trip to their office around my one year post-op point and have them take another photo under the sames lighting conditions/etc..

I suppose I might be easily amused, but this new hair growth stuff is really incredible. I am SO GLAD I found this site and was able to steer clear of the hair mills. Thank you again to everyone here for your honest feedback, your encouragment and for the time you give to helping people. I mean that.

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Middleson,

Reading your post was really encouraging. I recently had a procedure with Dr. Cooley also about month ago in May. I did a fair bit of research before picking a doctor and going forward with the procedure.

I told myself before hand that I wasn't going to be one those people who stare at the mirror 24/7 waiting for his grafts to grow every waking moment.... How wrong I was. I truely understand now how hard the waiting process really is.

So here I am waiting. A little bit nervous and very excited at the same time.

RP

Middlesson,

I'm happy for you man. As you probably know, some of us can relate to your excitement. Good luck. There's still more to come.

Gorp

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Ditto here

My 3rd HT is starting to grow at 3 months post op and everyday I have a BIG smile watching more and more hair grow in .. It has been a long time coming and I'm certainly enjoying the ride..

Best money I ever spent and the single most thing I have doe to improve my life other than exercise

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks for the responses.

I was just thinking about how far back the clock is at this point, and my best guess (from a vaguely clouded memory) would be about 7 years or so. In other words, I'm 47 now, and I'm guessing that my hair probably looks the way it looked when I was in my late 30's/early 40's. I'm thinking that when this whole process is done that my hair will likely look the way it looked in my early to mid 30's, and I will admit I'm very pleased with that!

While I am anxious for the end results, it is also interesting watching this transformation unfold (probably helps if you only inspect closely about once every week or so).

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

(probably helps if you only inspect closely about once every week or so).

I find thats very hard to do & I am only 2mos post op! I am officially in the doldrums.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, me too. I am about 95 days or so and some hairs are starting to grow along with the grafts that never fell out post op. I knew that AS SOON as I realized it was starting to grow I was going to become obsessed every day. That started about 2 weeks ago; but, the last couple of days I've been able to mellow out and stop playing at the mirror every 20 minutes. Time has gone by quickly but if I obsess about it, I'll get that "time standing still" feeling and go crazy.

haha

Guys, I know it is hard as I've done it 3 times! BUT, again, once you hit the 3 month point, you will start to feel those "tingling" feelings on your head.. That is the grafts popping through so you know the hair will show shortly..

Just say to yourself, I am moving forward now not backwards..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I am experiencing the talked about pimples at this point. I dont know if they are pimples, but about 5 have showed up in the past 2 days.

I have been putting neosporin on them which seems to help.

I will take that as a sign that something is happening from what I have read.

I see some growth, but this part of my scalp has been void of hair a long time!

And I can hardly believe that it is going to grow hair at all!

Cant stop looking...

Folica

Yes, Yes . the pimples are a good sign.. the hairs are coming !!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Indeed

It's a cool feeling isn't it.. I'm at 3 months and a week or two.. The best is yet to come and I am enjoying every passing day!! 8 months from now I will not have to use any type of concealer for the first time in almost 15 years.

The happiness that these three HT's have brought me is immeasurable..

People that consistently knock Hair transplantation should take notice.. There is one happy camper here.. Damn happy ! Just shows you what extensive research, a good doctor, and a solid game plan can do .. Oh not to mention patience and about 18k..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Jobi, Your excitement is contagious!

It is great to hear how successful your HT's have been.

18k...It's really funny but the money isn't even a concern. I happily pay that for a head of hair!

I spent 10k on my first one & don't have any problem with paying that for my anticipated second HT.

I hope the doctors don't see this...they might raise thier rates!

It is probably an amazing feeling to not half to put on concealer after 15 years!

I am looking foward to ditching the hats I have been wearing like a security blanket for the past 15 years!

Glad to hear you are damn happy Jobi, keep spreading the cheer!