This site will remain alive, vital, and even better!

• Administrators

I want to thank all members of this community for expressing their support for this community and the help it provides. Members of the hair restoration community also expressed their overwhelming support for this community and some took strong action to defend it.

The positive events of the past week have made it clear that this community has been overwhelmingly positive and served all of us very well. Therefore, despite the upsets and frustrations, this community will remain, with two proposed major changes.

1) Our community will provide information about all hair restoration surgeons -

I'm strongly considering listing all major hair restoration surgeons, regardless of whether they sponsor this community or not. However, only those who are carefully reviewed and who merit recommendation will be allowed to support our community as sponsors and have their photos and recommendations prominently displayed.

Those who are not sponsors will be listed separately for free, with their contact information, as a convenience to the visitors of this site. This will make it easier for visitors who want to look beyond our recommended surgeons to find additional surgeons if they choose to.

I have always encouraged visitors to consult with our sponsors, but always do their due diligence and look as far and wide as they feel necessary. This will empower them to do so.

2) More patient involvement with a new "Hair Mentor" program.

I realize that one of the strongest and most useful features of this community is the ability to get past the hype and compare experience with other hair loss suffers and hair transplant veterans. I'm strongly considering facilitating a "Hair Mentor" program.

This feature would list all hair transplant patients by area (state or region) who have volunteered to correspond one on one with other hair loss suffers. If they choose they could also perhaps even arrange to meet in person. Imagine clicking on a map and getting the bio and background of volunteers who are willing to share their experiences.

I would like to your opinions of the above two new ideas. And if you are a hair transplant patient please let me know if you would be interested in being a "Hair Mentor".

I look forward to making this community ever better and more vital. This community is simply too valuable to too many hair loss suffers to not continue to be fully supported.

Patrick Hennessey, Publisher of this very alive and vital community!

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

I want to thank all members of this community for expressing their support for this community and the help it provides. Members of the hair restoration community also expressed their overwhelming support for this community and some took strong action to defend it.

The positive events of the past week have made it clear that this community has been overwhelmingly positive and served all of us very well. Therefore, despite the upsets and frustrations, this community will remain, with two proposed major changes.

1) Our community will provide information about all hair restoration surgeons -

I'm strongly considering listing all major hair restoration surgeons, regardless of whether they sponsor this community or not. However, only those who are carefully reviewed and who merit recommendation will be allowed to support our community as sponsors and have their photos and recommendations prominently displayed.

Those who are not sponsors will be listed separately for free, with their contact information, as a convenience to the visitors of this site. This will make it easier for visitors who want to look beyond our recommended surgeons to find additional surgeons if they choose to.

I have always encouraged visitors to consult with our sponsors, but always do their due diligence and look as far and wide as they feel necessary. This will empower them to do so.

2) More patient involvement with a new "Hair Mentor" program.

I realize that one of the strongest and most useful features of this community is the ability to get past the hype and compare experience with other hair loss suffers and hair transplant veterans. I'm strongly considering facilitating a "Hair Mentor" program.

This feature would list all hair transplant patients by area (state or region) who have volunteered to correspond one on one with other hair loss suffers. If they choose they could also perhaps even arrange to meet in person. Imagine clicking on a map and getting the bio and background of volunteers who are willing to share their experiences.

I would like to your opinions of the above two new ideas. And if you are a hair transplant patient please let me know if you would be interested in being a "Hair Mentor".

I look forward to making this community ever better and more vital. This community is simply too valuable to too many hair loss suffers to not continue to be fully supported.

Patrick Hennessey, Publisher of this very alive and vital community!

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Pat - I think both ideas are very good. I respect your commitment for helping us out here, and I can't express to you how valuable it's been for me. Couple points -

On your first point - just curious, will there be a lower level of a standard in order to make the non-sponsor cut?

On the second point - As these "mentors" sign up, possibly they could indicate not just their region, which obviously would make things easier, but also indicate who they had their procedure with. That way if they clicked on a particular doctor, in the event no one had a procedure in their area with a recommended surgeon, they could still find a mentor. Just might have to travel a bit more.

Thanks again Pat for continuing to make this a relevant and helpful site.

yea, keep the Doctor list and make Money for your work. Nothing wrong with that . If the list was False we would find out in time and the this site would die with it. But if the list is true, which I think it is, the site will be what it is now, PERFECT...

Oh yea the "Hair Mentor" program sound's good.

But what about people like me that got a bad hair transplant before finding this site.

I could be a "Hair Mentor" to. I could take them out get them drunk, have them get a " I LOVE MOM " Tattoo and a bad Hair transplant all for $500.00 buck's..LOL..Kinda like a big brother's with pluggy looking hair program..LOL

But Realy the "Hair Mentor" program does sound like a good idea.

• Administrators

tkotko and BillorBob,

Thanks for your feedback. And yes, those with bad hair transplant experiences are free to be hair mentors as well. But perhaps we could call them "Scare Mentors" icon_wink.gif

I would like Hair Mentors to provide visitors with as much info online as they are willing to provide, such as before and after photos, their story, their doctor, and the area they live in.

I think a Hair Mentor's private contact info should, however, not be shown online. Those interested in a particular Hair Mentor would simply fill out an online request asking this hair mentor to email them and perhaps provide their phone number if they are willing to talk or even meet in person.

How many of you guys who have had hair transplants would be willing to participate in this novel program as "Hair Mentors"?

Just think how valuable this could be for newbies.

Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

Pat:

I think the idea of "Hair Mentors" is a great idea. I would participate in such a program with the caveat that we/you still have to think about all that it will entail.

I'd like to be able to help people make an informed HT decision for themselves, maybe my results or story help in that, and maybe it doesn't. But at least they know a little bit more about what is involved in this potentially life-changing surgery. I know you know what I am talking about.

I think going to an ethical "top doc" helps them in that process as much as possible.

The key thing in this, and something I will stress: I cannot make a decision for someone and I cannot "put in the research" for anyone. I can only express what I've gone through, my opinions, and what I've learned.

Also, there is NO way I can replace the advice of a "top doc". I'm no doctor -- just a patient.

And maybe that is of help to someone once in a while, someone who has what it takes to make an informed HT decision for themselves.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

• Administrators

Guys,

Thanks again for the feedback. Both the comprehensive directory and the Hair mentor program are now in the works.

We will be very careful to respect the privacy of all Hair Mentors, by not displaying any of their contact info publicly. Those requesting contact with a mentor will be required to fill out a form that will then be emailed to the mentor. The mentor can then choose to correspond by email or possibly give out their phone number to just that particular person if they choose.

Pat

Sharing our ideas and photos is what keeps this site real. Please participate by posting and replying.

My Hair Loss Blog

however, I think it would be better, IMHO, to just ask those that are interested in being a "mentor" to provide an email address. It can be one that is setup in two minutes on Yahoo that can be separate and not reveal any personal info.

That way, any visitor that is interested in talking to someone doesn't have to go through the hassle of filling out a form. They can just email the person directly with their questions and you could list the email addresses of each mentor by location.

Again, just my .02 worth but I think it would be more efficient for all involved.

Peace,

Jotronic

Carpe Capillus!!

www.jotowen.com

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians