balodys updated album dec 07 - 2 Hair transplants with Dr. Bessam Farjo

balody

much appreciated pb,you would have to ask farjo himself but maybe im in the same situation.i to have thin hair above my ears but is only visible when my hair is buzzed short.i think i still have quite a bit of donor left as my back seems to grow 3 times thicker and faster than everything else,but then what do i know?

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Originally posted by Mick Mchugh:

Balody is still a young man and we don't and won't take chances.

Mick

May I ask how old a young man Balody is? He doesn't appear to be a teenager in those photos icon_wink.gif I'd also be interested to know at what age you lost your hair Balody and over what sort of period of time? I am 47 and started losing hair as a teenager, but the loss was gradual and I was around 40 before I considered myself officially bald. Well I still had hair until I started using Minoxidil and it changed me from thinning to bald icon_mad.gif I don't use any hair drugs now.

no problem im 37.the first time i heard the immortal words "your going bald!" was at the tender age of 17(fat bitch!)then it was a steady but quick decline, id say iwas clean on top by 23/24 had it shaven ever since.i went onto the meds when i decided to go for the transplant minox and fin.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

Originally posted by balody:

the first time i heard the immortal words "your going bald!" was at the tender age of 17(fat bitch!)

I think I was around 19 when I first got that comment icon_mad.gif and I continued to get comments like that for the next 20 years. After that the comments stopped. I suppose it's fairly common to be bald at around 40 and people don't feel the need to let you know about it then.

• 3 weeks later...

I just noted the comment from PB ,first time i had looked at anything he had posted.I believe that both Dr Rogers and ourselves have performed quite a few operations in excess of 3000 FUT,where there was the need for such a a case.

I will put plenty of cases for review over the coming months.I still feel though that there is the wrong impression being created by certain camps that more is always better,surely it is the goals of the patient that have to be matched and not just the ego of the Doctor.I remember about reading of a mega-session about 12 years ago,How many grafts ? 1000.How times have changed.There are always going to be people who push the boat out and sometimes it goes a little bit too far.The average no. of grafts transferred by the top doc's is in thr 45-50 /cm2,I remember reading that this was what was termed a safe level,re yield issues etc.On a bald scalp,over a reasonable area this would make quite a difference.Janna from Dr Shapiro's office made a comment on this site saying that she thought that 2837 FUT (6000 hairs) was a lot of hair and of course she is right,especially on one with a little hair to start with.She also pointed out the practice of splitting follicular units which had been reported to her by patients of other clinic's.Is this an increasing common practice, is it being done with money in mind or with the mentality that we can do better than you.? Over the course of time i have no doubt that all will be revealed but until then we have to take one graft at a time.

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 4 months later...

I was always confused by barry off eastenders who had his transplant with farjo i think. I saw him on a tv show and his hair looked matted and very unnatural. It just looked strange. I don't know if anyone else saw it but a few people commented on it which made me thing it wasn't just me who thought it.

fallenstar,thanks for your comments as i said on the other thread good luck!

hi frog,i dont think shaun helps himself with the hairstyle he chooses.when i first saw him on tv a couple of years back he had obviously just had a good haircut as he was talking about the ht, and he looked good.as ive said before i was that impressed that is why i chose farjo.

i also saw him on a programme talking about baldness and ht,s and he was speaking to a pro hairstylist and he told him to wear it shorter, i dont think he listened.still each to his own he,s happy with it and thats what counts.my wife is a hairstylist and she said she would love to get hold of him.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

i think Shaun alias Barry, looks impressive, i agree about his hairstyle could be much better. However, his hair result in respect to where he was ( NW5/6) is awsome..probably worth shedding a few pounds in weight...IMHO. But great work i think from Farjo team...was a deciding factor for myself as i was a non-believer in HT prior yrs..got session planned nov1..

my sentiments exactly, until seeing what can be achieved on shawn the only person i knew in the public eye who had a ht was russ abbott.(bad plugs for the benefit of those who dont know him).

nov 1st eh?2 weeks, i bet you cant wait!im not in till the 22nd so youll have 3 weeks jump start on me,well have to see who the faster grower is.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

must say i a little nervous but this forum brings a sense of comfort when u see many good experiences nowadays. i see a theme of consistances on the results within 12-18 mnt period. i kinda know what to expect at least..but everyone is different, fingers crossed..btw the days r whistling by ;-)

good luck with ur HT#2

btw must say Mick is getting pretty handy with his computer now :-) seeing almost a new post per day !

i think he wears a lot of concealer now as it looked rigid on the singing programme..This picture is without the concealer

HairyPie_5.jpg

this one i found is of him with the concealer.

barry.jpg

I am looking into having a repair surgery and want to look at all my options after a very poor surgery already here in the uk. The pictures don't install confindence in me especially after seeing his rigid hair recently on tv. Have you seen other pictures?

also balody i do not meant to be disrepectful as you seem to be happy but i do not think photo 15 in your album looks very natural at all and why so few grafts when you appear to have needed many more. Does anyone else think it looks unnatural or is it just me? Do you have to wear concealer?

I need to have my scar repaired and i was hoping i didn't have to travel so if the farjo consultant can show me any pics as well of scar repair that would help.

concealers are used to thinken up thinning hair or in my case bad transplants and a huge scar. I use toppik and dermatch.

i think its obvious Barry wears it as his hair has no texture it just looks matted. He will add it to give a thicker look but it also makes it look unnatural as he obviously wears a lot.

• 1 month later...

Balody,

Thank you for posting the updated pictures and for creating a hair loss weblog. I really like the swirl design in the crown for the second hair transplant as seen in the postoperative pictures. You have already come a long way and I'm excited to follow your progress.

By the way, the format was incorrect for your signature and under your alias to your blog so I took the liberty of fixing it.

Bill

thanks Bill,i was going to pm you about the blog/signature,you must of read my mind.glad you like the post op pics,ive just this minute buzzed eveything off no1 as you did,scar and stitches on show.im very pleased at how my front/top looks this short.hopefully if my crown/scar follows suit ill be happy to keep it this short.ill take some pics for the blog tomorrow.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

• 1 month later...

I too like the crown's design that I saw in the post-ops; you honestly look like a different person from just from pre-HT#1 to post-HT#1. Can't wait to see ya once this grows in!

Two questions: have you tried using a concealer like courvre or dermmatch on the scar? (I'm curious how well they can actually hide it, as I'm going to be buzzing my head ASAP once my staples come out); any idea how much donor you have left in the tank?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

hi than,thanks for the comments. i must admit i had a bit of a problem with concealers as i felt i would be "cheating".....BUT.. as im not working at the moment and picking my little girl up from school,i felt extremely self concious standing in the playground with all the mums.so up until last week i was wearing a hat for the school run.my pal "fallenstar" buzzed and concealed his scar,take a look at his blog or pm him for details.

as for the donor,i think i have a bit left but me and dr farjo agreed jokingly that i have "crap" hair.notice how my hair is dense at the top half of the back and sides,but quickly becomes very thin the lower you get.i dont know how this would effect a third pass.

hows you anyway?when do the staples come out?and have you started shedding the grafts yet?

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

Hah, ya, I hear ya; I probably wouldn't feel so inclinded to cover up the scar if a guy who runs in my circle didn't also have the same mark that people know the cause of! Thx for the "fallentar" reference, will def check that out. Just re-checked your scar from HT#1, looks to have healed great and is hardly noticeable at a #3 buzz, nice to see!

I plan on keeping my hair buzzed for ~5months and then let it grow out, so I'm prolly going to try out concealing it to be safe. I'm healing well, thx, can't wait to get these bloody staples out though (this monday going in for removal/check up); and yes, my precious grafts seem to be jumping ship already...they will be missed, but not forgotten. icon_smile.gif How about your grafts, almost all of them jump ship by this point?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!