One Year Update of a patient of Dr. Ron Shapiro

• Administrators

In October of 2005 Dr. Ron Shapiro hosted the first Coalition live workshop at his clinic in Minnesota. He did a session of 1,480 ultra refined follicular units packed at high density to restore the patient's hairline.

Dr. Ron Shapiro recently emailed me the patient's results one plus year after his surgery. I added these impressive final results to the surgical highlights from this live surgery Coalition workshop. To view them please click here.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Thanks Pat!!!!

My 1st HT was the day before this patient was transplanted by Dr. Shapiro, so I got to view his surgery during my post-op visit.

I am glad to see his results were so impressive and to use only 1400+ grafts, he should have plenty more should he need them.

This is a perfect example of why you transplant up to 45-50 fu cm/2 FIRST, then let the patient decide what he wants to do from there.

Great Work!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I agree - great results, especially from such a small number of grafts. To this day, the post-op photos truly amaze me with how clean and non-invasive they are.

It makes me especially excited about my Dr. Shapiro HT fully growing in (8 1/2 months thus far)!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There;

I would like to ask...why in that case..Dr Ron made a Ultra Dense PAck..;

According to Hairbank; ultradense packing can result in shockloss for natural non transplanted hair...so wasnt it a risk ?

Or i might not understood corectly ?

Thanks for explaining to me .

mike,

Dense packing around natural hair does cause a risk for shockloss...but it would only be temporary shockloss and would not impact the final result in a negative way. The only way for a permanent shock to occur is if the hairs were transected by making incisions (this would be highly unlikely in the hands of a skilled physician) or if the native hair was weak or dying.

Bill

I guess it does sort of now that I look at it. My forlock is pointy though like Eddie Munster and is thinner than his I think. But my temples do go way back like that. Slso, my hair is damn straight and generally finer so I think that is going to work against me.

This guy sure turned out great though!

A very impressive technique and results. His situation is quite similar to mine but he got it done in one pass with less FU's and it seems he had more surface to cover and densify. That's what I wanted to achieve but I had not found this forum yet. icon_frown.gif Dr. Shapiro truly posesses great skill and vision. I think I'll get a bit more coverage since I'll have a total of over 2,100 FU's but over 2 HT's instead of just one icon_frown.gif but I should get better coverage in the high temporal areas icon_smile.gif I'll have to wait a year to see the final results.