BOSLEY!

donnyboyy28

I'll try and make this short, had a hair transplant at bosley on park ave in manhatten. Needless to say i had no results, maybe 80graphs grew out of 980 "in front hair line". They wont refund my money "6875" so now im out alot of money and still am very unhappy! My question is has anyone cantacted the DA in ny state to file a complaint?? If so could someone please give me some direction as to how i could go about about contacting the da! I dont want anyone to have to go through what i have! Thanks guy

I'll try and make this short, had a hair transplant at bosley on park ave in manhatten. Needless to say i had no results, maybe 80graphs grew out of 980 "in front hair line". They wont refund my money "6875" so now im out alot of money and still am very unhappy! My question is has anyone cantacted the DA in ny state to file a complaint?? If so could someone please give me some direction as to how i could go about about contacting the da! I dont want anyone to have to go through what i have! Thanks guy

Hi, I'm having a procedure done this monday in Boston actually, and was hoping i wouldn't read anything like your post icon_smile.gif

First off, when did u actually have the procedure done? has it been a year?

Bosley does guarantee their work so if you're not having hair growth then they should be fixing that, no? I hope I don't run into the same problem, but my good friend is an attorney in MA and used to work for the DA's office here. I'll see what he says.

Can u email me at byro78@yahoo.com? Thanks

Originally posted by By:

Hi, I'm having a procedure done this monday in Boston actually, and was hoping i wouldn't read anything like your post icon_smile.gif

Bosley does guarantee their work so if you're not having hair growth then they should be fixing that, no? I hope I don't run into the same problem, but my good friend is an attorney in MA and used to work for the DA's office here. I'll see what he says.

cancel even if it means losing the deposit. read more on bosley and its butchers.

BY.....its been a year and a half with very little results! When i went to complain they had a dotor come in and tell me it looked great and all the graphs had grown, this was the doctor that actually did the hair transplant because no longer works there!!!! As far as fixing it....yea they offered to do another transplant but, after thinking about it why should i? Ispent alot of money and lost alot of graphs,,80 out of 980 isnt a good result, i just dont trust them! WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH WOULD YOU GO TO BOSLEY? CHECK THIS BOARD, POST AFTER POST OF BAD JOBS DONE BY BOSLEY!! YOU SHOULD DO MORE RESEARH

Donnyboy is correct. The guarantee means nothing. Go for another transplant so they can "fix" it? I don't think so.

All you need to do is look at the website bosleymedical.com. If that doesn't change your mind, then nobody can.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Sounds more than aggravating...when you say you had "no results," over what time frame are you talking about? It takes, from what I understand, 6 months or so or more to see a substantial difference, and a year to see the full result.

That said, from what I've read on this and other forums, positive reviews of Bosley clinics are very, very few. If you're in NYC, I'd say run, don't walk to Dr. Feller (worked on me...excellent), Dr. Bernstein, or others in that area whose named you'll see mentioned on this board, quite positively. At a minimum they can do excellent repair work, if you need and want it, and for that matter can give you another expert opinion on the state of the procedure you've already had.

As for filing a complaint, I'm afraid I don't know where you'd go for that...I hope you are able to resolve things.

Benjamin

thanks for taking the time to read my post faceless. As for the time period its been one and a half years! I watched a very small number of transplantes hair grow near my right temple at app three months after the transplant! I havent seen one hair grow since! There are no before and after pics because i wasnt prepaired to share this with the world! i was gunna walk in, then walk out, and not tell anyone i had anything done. I spent 6850 bucks for 900 graphs "total 980". Very upset!!!

• Administrators

Donnyboy,

I'm sorry to hear about your dissapointment. But after running this forum for several years I'm not surprised. Bosley and the other big national chains rarely get favorable reviews on this or any hair loss forum. A quick search of posts going back over five years using this forum's "Find" feature will reveal why.

For an indepth view into the Boz's past marketing visit www.BosleyMedicalViolations.com It's not pretty. But I do think they have cleaned up their operations to some degree in the past few years. And no doubt some of their clinics/physicians do better work than others. But which ones they are? Who knows?

I got a question about the Boz on our Q and A Blog and I posted a response, including highlights from a New Yorker Magazine article in which Dr. Bosley all but admits to many sins in the past. Check out the highlights.

Now in all fairness I expect that many Bosley patients are happy and get on with their lives - without ever going online and reading the forums. But those who are on the rebound seem to dig a bit deeper on the second go around and find this forum. Generally their stories are not fit for an infomercial.

"Trust but verify" - Old Russian Saying

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

The docotrs name was "grossenbacher" who is retired...at least thats what i was told when i went to cpmplain about the lack of results! I have a question that i can get an answer too. What would cause the transplants not to grow? Also my forehead was swollen very badly for about 5 days after....i mean.....really bad! Any one out there have this happen to them? In all fairness i will say that the scar healed so well i cant even find it any more.

Grafts drying out before they are put in your head is the main cause of them not growing. Other causes could be graft transection during the trimming process or misshandling after that (like crushing them).

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Cancel your appointment at Bosley. I had work done at Bosley and just recently had the corrective work done to fix the damage that they caused. I complained about the results but got the feeling they could care less about my satisfaction. Bosley is a production line and they only care about the money. The so called consultants are the equviliant of a used car salesman. There are some many great alternatives to Bosley. Some of the best doctors are listed right on this website.

Originally posted by By: