special on the laser comb on the Big Idea show CNBC right now

nobuzz4me

I watched the first part of it. Two Bosley doctors were there talking about hair transplantation. They even had a patient come on who had 1900 grafts transplanted. The results looked natural but very thin as you could tell that 1900 grafts were distributed pretty much all over his head. He could use about 3-5000 more to get a "full" look.

The Bosley physicians were very vague...was more infomercial like and really didn't hit the "reality" of hair transplantation and what kind of results can REALLY be expected. I wanted to jump all over those guys.

Bill

I watched the whole show last night---

-It started talking about HT with 2 Bosley execs and a demo client ( not a great choice of hair restoration in my opinion).

-Donny then had a medical Doctor that talked about Propecia and Rogaine. The Doctor pointed out several times that those drugs work best if you are in the earlier stages of hair loss AND you use the product daily for about 8 months to see any real results AND if you stop using it, after 3 months you go back to your natural state. He also pointed out the there is a 2% sexual dysfunction rate in blind clinical trials.

-then Donny had the COO or CEO of the lasercomb company ( list price is $540.00!!). Donny was fascinated by the marketing aspect and the markup over cost. The exec kept pointing out that the FDA has now approved this lasercomb for hairloss treatment. He pointed out similiar limitations to the drugs, namely, it works best if you are not totally bald....he actually claimed regrowth of 19 hairs per sq. cm ! ( I'm just repeating what he said, don't shoot the messenger).

- Last up was an older gentleman who makes custom hairpieces that cost about 4000 per system. He interestingly had HT done in front of his hairpiece.

-- The segment ended with the Doctor from Bosley saying that he believed "hair cloning" would be commercially available in 2009 or 2010. He claimed that they were doing research on this in Europe and ????( I can't recall the second location), he appeared quite comfident on this.

My opinion of this show is if you are a frequent lurker on this forum, you already know everything presented. Secondly, Donny is a former marketing exec, he seemed to sift all of his guests through that filter of , how much money can they make, what kind of markup, what kind of growth potential.

Thats about all that I can remember at this point about the show. S-n-P

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

The other thing I found surprising about the client they were showing off, they did not show a before picture.....He had a front hairline but it appeared everything behind was virtually bare. Strange to me.

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's