Hair Transplant Scar Pictures - Are there any available?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has come across pictures of hair transplant scars - when there is no native hair covering, or around the scar. I just like to see how big this typically looks - in case i ever decide to buzz down - or well if i ever have one, for that matter.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has come across pictures of hair transplant scars - when there is no native hair covering, or around the scar. I just like to see how big this typically looks - in case i ever decide to buzz down - or well if i ever have one, for that matter.

Hey, I've wondered similiar....but, do you mean buzzed down as in a #1 or 2, or actually shaved slick?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Well actually now that you mention it both - i.e buzzed down to 1 or 2 or shaved slick. I know it sounds silly, that if you get your hair back - why would you want to shave it. I'm not sure - i worry perhaps I may not like my result and opt to shave it all off.

by the way your hair loss appears to be similar to mine - just your your weblog. Check your own pictures:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=1202&WebID=557

Over here you can see the scar a bit on the left side - that said, that is a picture of a pretty fresh scar and not one over a year old - which I assume would look different?.

by the way what was the quality of your donor hair?

Ya....extremely "fresh" and the scar, much like the locks themselves, really has to be evaluated on a similiarly lengthy time table.

Donor quality -- I never got a numerical rating, but it's very good (i.e thick caliber, wiry, and a bit of a curl). As far as how many grafts I can strip myself out with.....I'd guess 8kish, but it wouldn't shock me if I got 10k or 7k.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Those are some of the best, if not *the* best, scar pics I've seen.

-----------

Hey NM...certainly higher density in the donor area can affect scar visibility in a positive way but some patients even if they have good thickness in the donor just as a result of their hair orientation,there is a natural lay to the hair that can accentuate a scar...depends on the characteristics each patient brings to the table..sometimes a standard closure brings about a better result than trichophytic...

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin