Any opinions on DrBrandy?

JacobS

John,

You may want to do a search on Vogel and Baltimore. I think a few patients of Dr. Vogel's have posted that they were pleased with his work. I believe he is in the Baltimore area.

Mr. T

• 1 year later...

A physician without integrity is one to fear absolutely. Here's just one example of how crossing paths with just such a physician can harm you.

The most fearful thing about Dominic A. Brandy, M.D. is his lack of integrity. Even a bad doctor or one without integrity can have satisfactory results from time to time. There is a saying that even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Let's revisit Scott A. from Ohio, a former Brandy patient who was mutilated beyond belief having received a scalplift from Brandy, a 100% safe procedure according to Brandy. Brandy kept him coming back telling him that he could fix whatever he was unhappy with. That unfortunately never happened. Brandy's real reason for continuing to operate on Scott was only to keep him within his fold, to keep him coming back so that Scott wouldn't seek medical attention with some decent and caring physician who just might begin to question Brandy, his methods and yes his madness. In total about 30, yes that's right 30, operations were performed on poor Scott.

In a deposition, Brandy claimed that he couldn't be sure just how many surgeries he had performed on Scott. That in itself was unbelievable. Scott's skull, when Brandy was through with it, looked like a marred and scarred bowling ball. Brandy initially attempted to transfer the responsibility for the disastrous result to his victimized patient by proclaiming that apparently the patient had a healing problem. In other words, it was the patient's fault. Absolutely incredible! This is classic Brandy. Wouldn't you think that a prudent physician, sensing that perhaps a

healing problem existed would have called in an expert in an appropriate medical specialty for a consultation. Brandy never did. Brandy simply didn't want this story to get out. As he does, Brandy put his interests first and poor Scott's second. Any person with common sense would have to ask, did it honestly take Brandy 30 operations to determine that Scott had a serious healing problem? Was he that lousy of a physician that he couldn't

tell after the first operation, the second, or even the fifth one? If he was, then Brandy shouldn't be practicing anything much less medicine. If on the other hand Brandy did know or suspect a serious healing problem existed

while continuing to perform more operations on Scott then Brandy is surely someone to fear because he has no integrity.

There are many other horror stories from ex-Brandy patients that could further illustrate Brandy's lack of regard for his patients. I'll save them for another time but the point here is why take a chance with a guy like

Brandy when there are much better doctors out there with "integrity?"

Ok this post is really of concern. John Gasparini

obviously u are trying way to hard to defend this doctor with an overabundent amount of negative feedback. If u were not one of his associates 'Cough Cough' did i say that. Logically if u had good results u would maybe post some pics and not get so defensive as an associate of his would get 'Cough Cough' did i say that. Sorry to say this but i have been on this site for a short time and it has opened my eyes and hopefully many others in what to do when deciding on this step in life. U are not helpful to this site and should no longer defend a doctor that has been proven on this site as harmful to any of his patients. The picture that was posted is pure evidence of a doctor strange and i truly feel for that man as he says he no longer wants to live.

i think the patient was stupid to go back 30 times. maybe thats just my opinion.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

This was my first post actually, almost 2 years ago. Wonder if it's a fair reflection of Brandy's work today? Brandy was very experimental in the early days and obviously left a trail. Wonder if his experience has served him well and maybe now he has happy customers ( I still won't let him touch my scalp)?

I had a hairlift and 4 transplants with Dr. Brandy. He almost ruined my scalp and only 50% of the transplanted hair grew. Luckily I had

donor hair left at the side and have been able to cover up the doll head look he gave me. His website has 2 of the before and after pictures featuring relatives. The rest of the pictures are 10-15 years old. I would warn people to stay away from him.

• 5 months later...

Well, the time has come for me to get some more work done to my hairline. I had a very sick loved one for the last several years and have put this on the back burner, but now is the time. I originally had Brandy do nothing but hairline work and now there is really nothing left but his work.

I am going to check with vogel in Baltimore, but I am still leaning towards Brandy. Will post some "before" pics in the next few days!

• Administrators

John,

I wish the very best result for you. I strongly suggest that you do a search on this forum of any doctor who you are considering. With over 100,000 posts going back over 5 years this forum provides a wealth of candid information about real experience with various surgeons.

To do this simply click on the "Find" feature and then enter the last name of the doctor you are considering. I think you will be glad you did.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

In all fairness to Dr. Brandy, he has long since stopped doing "scalp lifts". Some of his results were dramatic and impressive. But as this photo shows his flops could be dramatically bad. Thus he discontinued doing this procedure all together years ago.

But such results as the one shown in this photo continue to haunt Dr. Brandy online - regardless of what his current hair transplantation may or may not be. In some ways this makes such results not only tragic for the patient but also Dr. Brandy.

While information about scalp surgeries is presented on the Hair Transplant Network such surgeries are not advocated.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 1 year later...