3500 Dr. Rahal Jan 12 09

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy your down time like a vacation. icon_smile.gif

I wish you the best of luck with every one of your 3054 grafts. I hope they grow like trees! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Hey guys

I have posted my day 4 pics!

A few questions:

1. Should I still be sleeping at a 45 degree angle as the swelling has now gone down, but I dont want to mess with the grafts?

2. When is a good time to shave the rest of my hair? (I wish I did it before)

3. Honestly when do you think is a safe time to wear a loose hat on my head?

Please Advise.

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

Looks less raw than first day post op. Dont have any answers here for you Buba just a question about Dr.Rahal's approach with you. Did he do alot of work in the center of you frontal region or did he concentrate mostly on the sides/ temple recession area? Looks like you'll have a strong front hairline now. Keep us updated.

SDM

Rahal focused on re building a natural looking hair line, and filling in the recession areas at the sides. I beleive the frontal area has 550 grafts a side. He did but hair back in the areas where my current hair is or will become weak! The hair line and filling in the blanks was my main goal! I do understand that if the balding does continue I will need further procedures.

RFC

Thanks! I look forward to being able to have a normal shower and putting a hat on my ugly head while waiting for growth!

I will keep you posted for sure! I look forward to following your progress! Cheers

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

Canadian_buba,

You don't have to sleep at a full 45 degrees, but it's a good idea to sleep slightly elevated if possible.

Personally, I shaved my donor hair down to match the recipient area only 4 or 5 days after surgery. But you have to be very careful, especially if you have sutures. In my opinion, it's probably better to wait until after 10 days. And don't run clippers over the recipient area for at least 2 weeks.

You can start wearing a very "loose" hat immediately after surgery. You can go back to wearing a snug fitting hat after 10 days.

Best wishes,

Bill

CB-

1. I slept at 45-degrees for two weeks or until the grafts were secure (they say they are secure at 10-days, I just wanted to be sure).

2. Again, I waited until a little after I got my sutures removed at the two week mark. It felt liberating to be at an even length.

3. I waited two weeks before heading out of the house and wore a hat every time out after that.

Happy Healing!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Originally posted by canadian_buba:

Hey guys

I have posted recent pictures of the healing process if your interested in checking it out!

Cheers

Hey Buba (I like saying that name),

How do you like seeing the outline of a hair line even at this very early stage? icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Wantego,

I love it! I have not had hair in some of these spots in 10 years so needless to say I am very happy!

Im looking forward to getting my hair trimmed on the same day at the stitches are removed. Dr. Rahal said that he will do it for me when I visit the clinic!

I know these little fella's are going to fall out sometime soon, but I cant wait for them to grow back!

Thanks for asking! I hope you are well!

Cheers

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

hey brother,

I just looked at your pics and things look great!

congrats! you will have awesome results in the next 3-7 months.

I get wicked jelousy when I see the newer Rahal patients, digging those subtle "widows peaks".

that and my thinning patch are my next order of business for number 2.

good growing to you!

2998 grafts/ Dr. Rahal/ 9/11/2007

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Pretty damn happy

As is the consensus, the work looks good and the gameplan is great -- yor going to be thrilled! Enjoy the ride for all it is, and appreciate those beuts once they sprout! icon_smile.gif Keep up the good updates, appreciated!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

danny,

Thanks bro! I am loving the little widows peak! A little artistic signature from Rahal!

Thana,

I plan on enjoying the ride! Cant beleive hair is going to grow back! I can hardly wait! I will continue to post results! Cheers and enjoy the hair!

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

Originally posted by canadian_buba:

Wantego,

I love it! I have not had hair in some of these spots in 10 years so needless to say I am very happy!

Im looking forward to getting my hair trimmed on the same day at the stitches are removed. Dr. Rahal said that he will do it for me when I visit the clinic!

I know these little fella's are going to fall out sometime soon, but I cant wait for them to grow back!

Thanks for asking! I hope you are well!

Cheers

Buba,

You are very lucky to live so close to the doctor. I think it is great you can have him take your sutures out and trim your hair for you.

I bet it is an exciting time for you. I remember my first 2 months seemed to go a little slow but months 3-4-5-6 have seemed to fly right by. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Hey guys!

Post op day 7 pics are now up! Let me know what you think.. For anyone who has not had a HT or will be please dont hesitate to ask questions!

Wantego, I love being in the same city as Dr. Rahal, it really does make it much easier! Cant wait for the next few months to fly by!

Cheers

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

I think I need the vitamin E at least until 14 days post op. Its messy but feels so good! I notice the top of the head gets very dry after the bath.

After that I think I will turn to 100% Aloe Vera as per Eman's suggestion.

Thanks!

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

Hey Buba I noticed on your web blog your hair count looks off.

It says:

1's 692

2's 1938

3's 422

Total 3052

I think the correct total would be 5834 hairs not 3052.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Hey Everyone,

Well I will be 14 days post op on Monday and will be getting the stitches removed and my hair buzzed.

I know there are many threads on this site about wearing a hat! However it still concerns me!

I will need to wear a hat to work and I find the very loose hats look silly!

Do you think that at 14 days post op I can wear a more fitted hat?

Also do you think it is safe to wear a beanie?

Please advise..

(One worried HT newbie)

Ps. I want to protect these litle guys, however need to return to normal life activities!

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

Buba I see a lot of similarities in how your scabs look and how my scabs looked. I dont always see that with everyone. I bet you will sleep a lot better with those stitches out.

As far as the hat goes I believe in babying your investments as much as possible even if it means looking silly for a little while. That may just be me since I'm extra cautious. Here are my 2 thoughts on the hat idea for you.

1. If you are going to wear a hat loosen it from the back totally before lifting it from the front. I read that advice on these boards and it made a lot of sense.

2. Since you are so close to Dr Rahal maybe swing by with the hats you are considering and ask him which are OK.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs