2953 grafts with Dr. Jeff Epstein 1st Ht and 1st post-op pics

djdennis

Superior Doctor!!! I am so pleased with his work!!! I was really worried about my donor scar and laxtivity of the amount of hairs we where shooting for in the donor area. (2300 grafts was our goal) I did not want a big scar so the doctor said trust me Dennis and I will make you happy) For some funny reason I just trusted this Doctor (gut instinct) Well the procedure was a piece of cake and no pain, no swelling and I went out that same night after my surgery with my wife and baby to a very nice restraunt that Dr. Epstein recomended. Faboulouse Food in Miami!! Went on a cruise the next day and enjoyed the Miami atmosphere. (all around great ht and great mini vacation without being locked up in my hote) Dr. Epstein is a miracle worker!!! Our goal was for 2300 grafts and since my laxtivity area was a bit tight I was really worried about the scar and amount of hairs that where going to come out of the donor area. Well when Dr. Epstein was done with the procedure witch took about 7 hours he walked over to me with the biggest smile on his face and said incredible A+ Surgery!!! I was like wow and why??? He said we got 2953 grafts with great density!!! When the time came for me to leave his office after the procedure, I knew that the procedure was going to cost more than anticipated since I got 653 extra grafts. Dr. Epstein walked into the room I was in and told me great surgery and you will be a happy man with the work. He then said with a big smile on his face The extra grafts are on the house. I was a bit shocked and was like doc you are the man. I was so happy and thankful for this mans overall goodness in heart and generosity I went to the local shopping plaza and bought him and his incredible staff gifts.Dr. Epstein is a huge Giants fan and since im from Boston than you can assume I am a huge New England Patriots fan!!! It was great to talk about sports and a little chivelry rivery all in good taste. If any guys consider him for an Ht I would highly recommend him and ask him about great restraunts in the area because that is another common area we both shared!! Not expensive,but great food at great prices!!! here are my pics after surgery,there was a little oozing from the incisions but that will heal with the extra antibiotics he gave me with the care package for after surgery healing products. It seems I cant post pics on this so look at my web-blog and you will see all my pics from post op!!!

Congrats dude, and glad it went so well! Damn, out to each that night and a cruise the next day! icon_smile.gif

Awesome that you got so many grafts, and that Dr. Epstein is the class guy that he is. I think you are going to be a VERY happy man from this. I can't find any of your pics, however, on your weblog...(?) Not sure if the problem is from my end or yours.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

thanks thanatopsis!!! No the problem was from my end and I just posted all my pics on my weblog. When I went to post on the photo album section it stated that my pictures where to big in size for the format. Im not a computer guru so do you know how to smaller the size of my pics to fit the format so everyone can check out my pics without going to my weblog.

Always nice to hear positive HT stories . Funny how these always get ignored and how people generally remember the bad ones.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Guest josh - b

congatulations,

You must be thrilled with the best yet to come of course.

I've only ever heard fantastic things about dr epstein both as a surgeon and as a person.

....and u got an extra 653 fu free to boot icon_cool.gif

Congrats djdennis!!

I sure wish I got 650+ "on the house." Either somebody screwed up (because that's some serious leftovers), or someone was looking for some good PR... Either way, you are one fortunate dude. Good growing.

I am fortunate and I will tell you that for me even to go through with an Ht was a huge step. My belief on such a generous hair donation was definitely in my prayer life to God. I had prayed for nine years that god would lead me to the right doctor and I perserverd until I met up with Dr. Epstein. I just knew he was the guy I had been waiting for and the confirmation was his generousity. God put me in the right place at the right time.. And if anybody knows me I am very thankful and appreciate what god has givin me back. Dr. Epstein runs his business as I run my business (people 1st and the benefits of your reputation out weigh everything in a business) I own an Apartment Rental office in Boston and some people just dont have the $$$ all the time and you give breaks when you feel that person is a good investment) Gods word says what you give out in life will come back to you sometimes a 100 fold. If you are a giving person with your finances with others,God will bless you in your finances with others. Dr. Epstein is a smart man and I believe that he understands this concept in the giving portion. He is a blessed man,and he is not all about the money. But every good worker does deserve his wages!!! God Bless Everyone who reads this post.

I am having problems posting my pics on my weblog and I dont understand why?? I also tried to post some pics on the photo album, but its stating that my pics are to big for the format. I am not a computer wizard so if anyone can help that would be great because I do want to show my ht. Bill Maybe you can help? Is there a problem with the weblog page at this point.

My quick, albeit barbaric fix, for getting pictures resized to fit: edit them using the standard right-click, edit....then take the airbrush or eraser and just write over some unecessary area...for me, it seems to dramatically reduce the size. Hope it works!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

djdennis,

All you have to do to add photos is create a new journal and follow the instructions.

If you are getting an error message, can you post it here or send me a private message with it?

Also, please make sure each photo is less than 500K in size which I believe is the size limitation.

Let me know how else I can help you.

Bill

Wow ,thats awesome . There are only a few doctors that would even think about doing that,let alone do it with a smile. The good docs will get you and maybe throw in a few grafts and possibly bring you back for a free touchup if needed but to just give you around $3000 worth of grafts you were blessed.

blessed is the correct word since I am a practicing christian man. Bro I prayed for along time!!! I prayed to god to lead me to the right doc who was an expert in his field and a giving Doctor thats not all about the $$$$$. One of the reasons I chose him is because he has helped children in far worse situations than us in hairtransplants. These kids where 6 to 8 years old. I knew he had a heart and cared about his patients. God gives man wisdom and direction if your willing to pray,wait and listen. He was the only Ht doctor that I consulted with. I did try to talk to feller but his office did not get back to me and I was also praying on which guy to maybe go with. I try to walk in faith and I looked at it as God shutting down a door because Dr. Epstein was the man for me,plus God knew that he was going to give me some freebies. God places desires in peoples Heart and so be it he did it through Dr. Epstein. Dr. Epstein did not have to listen to that little voice that said give the kid some extras. He was listening also. Got to love that quality in people. I do it all the time in my business and give great deals in Real Estate. What goes around comes around and im sure Dr. Epstein is just lining himself up for more of Gods Blessings,because he is a giver and you cannot out give God.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the procedure! Reading your posting about DR. Epstein and how happy you were hit home for me, as I too was thrilled with my experience with the Dr. and his staff! I had my H.T. in Nov. I'm a little over three months into it, and no one at work, or anyone else other than my wife ever knew I had it done. The goal for me was 2,500 grafts, and ended up with 2,617 and like you, the good Dr. said the extra 117 were on the house! I can't say enough about how highly I thought of Dr. Epstein and the entire staff for all the same reasons as yours. After a very short time the donor area scar became fairly minimal, and even though I keep my hair cut pretty tight (short) on the sides, you'd have to really search up close or know it's there to see it. I'm now in my holding pattern to see how the transplanted hair is going to come in? My wife swears my hair is looking a little thicker, but I don't really see it yet. But... I've read it'll take between six to nine months for the results to really come out. During this waiting game (grow in process) it is nice that there were never any obvious signs that I ever had the procedure. I can't wait to see the results now, so I know I just need to be patient. Started with Propecia daily and Rogaine before bed, but am now just using the Rogaine. The Propecia was taking a little bit of the lead out of my pencil, if you know what I mean. And what's the point of looking better if you can't REALLY enjoy it! But with the H.T. and the Rogaine, I'm confident the results will come. I'm only a three hour drive north of Miami, and when the day comes that I feel the transplanted hair has come in all the way, I'm driving down to visit the office and Thank them in person! Anyway, it's nice to read someone else who feels the same way about DR. Epstein as I do. Good luck to you!

dj, download a program called irfanview. it's free, then just resize your pics to 500 pixels or roughly half the size of your jpeg.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com