1st 2 weeks into hair transplant,feeling strange

eugene

Hello everyone, I'm now into my 2nd week of HT, got my staples out yesterday. DR Ron Shapiro did my HT. I was a hair piece guy for 26 years! I'm now 50 so for over 1/2 my life I wore a HP. I always had good people help me and bought good HP's but still got sick of them! I had the same job almost 30 years and now semi retired so I did'nt have to put up with going back to a job and been made fun of. I'm starting a new life, and in a few weeks a new job where I can wear a hat. The HT seams like the easy part. The hard part I feel will be the transition between wearing a HP and the growing of new hair. 2500 FU's Any help or advice out there? I can't post pic's because I live out in the sticks and have slow dial up {outer net}. Any help or support will make me feel better, Thanks.

Hello everyone, I'm now into my 2nd week of HT, got my staples out yesterday. DR Ron Shapiro did my HT. I was a hair piece guy for 26 years! I'm now 50 so for over 1/2 my life I wore a HP. I always had good people help me and bought good HP's but still got sick of them! I had the same job almost 30 years and now semi retired so I did'nt have to put up with going back to a job and been made fun of. I'm starting a new life, and in a few weeks a new job where I can wear a hat. The HT seams like the easy part. The hard part I feel will be the transition between wearing a HP and the growing of new hair. 2500 FU's Any help or advice out there? I can't post pic's because I live out in the sticks and have slow dial up {outer net}. Any help or support will make me feel better, Thanks.

You went to one of the best so I'm sure your results will be solid. 2500 FU's......where were they placed and where are you on the Norwood scale? Just curious. Wish I had advice for you on transitioning from HP to natural hair from HT................can you wear a hat at the new job until the HT is at acceptible fullness and length?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I had a new receding higer hairline established,and am about a 5 to 6 on norwood scale so I'll still have a bald spot on top of my crown . I'm supposed to wait 1 year then decide if I want more hair, What do most people say about using Rogain after the 1st 2 weeks ish? does Rogain help most new HT people? I'm on Propecia now.

Hi

2500 is a good start and will give you some good results.. You will most likely need another to get some total coverage ( plus once you get hair you will want more).. I'm not a big fan of Rogaine due to it's messiness but you decide for yourself

Give yourself 7 months and you will see some good results

GOOD LUCK

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

eugene,

There's no problem using Rogaine (Minoxidil) after your HT. What you need to decide is what kind of regimen you want to commit to? Even if you're a NW 5 or 6 it's still likely over time the hair will continue to recede down on the sides and back. Propecia (Finasteride) and Rogaine (Minoxidil) and slow or stop this process. Propecia's easy since it's a pill, Rogaine, though proven, is messy. I opted for the pill only due to the messy regimen of Rogaine/Minox.

I agree with Mjrb- if you're a NW 5-6, 2500 is a good start but you'll need lots more grafts if you want anything close to total coverage. Some don't mind having decent coverage in front with a bald or severely thinning crown. You just have to weight it out, I guess. I initially had work done in front when most of my loss was in the crown so 1 hear after my first HT I was back in the chair in an attempt to cover the crown.

Good luck with your decision.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Eugene,

I can post your before pictures for you if you like. If you decide you'd like the assistance, PM your information to me so I can search for your pics in our files.

Hope you're healing well. Normally it's hard having to wait for the new hairs to grow, but you have the added agony of letting go of your HP. Are you wearing your piece at all now? The less you wear the better for your grafts. Take care.