Confused . . . .

Dewayne

Alright, I've called back to Dr. Griffin's office and talked with a nice young lady. Here are his session breakdowns of the strip method sessions:

Small (800 graphs) $5600

Medium (1000 graphs) $7000

Med. Large (1300 graphs) $8500

Very Large (2000 graphs) $12000 - $15000 I think

She said they very rarely have anyone in who needs more than 1300 - 1500 graphs, so I took it to mean I must be a freak of nature because I think I need 4000.

So, does Dr. Griffin use different terminology than others, because Dr. Cooley's tech said it's common for them to do 2 - 3000 graphs in a session?

How is Wong talking about doing 4000 in one session, but Griffin says it's very rare someone comes in needing more than 1500?

Thanks.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Alright, I've called back to Dr. Griffin's office and talked with a nice young lady. Here are his session breakdowns of the strip method sessions:

Small (800 graphs) $5600

Medium (1000 graphs) $7000

Med. Large (1300 graphs) $8500

Very Large (2000 graphs) $12000 - $15000 I think

She said they very rarely have anyone in who needs more than 1300 - 1500 graphs, so I took it to mean I must be a freak of nature because I think I need 4000.

So, does Dr. Griffin use different terminology than others, because Dr. Cooley's tech said it's common for them to do 2 - 3000 graphs in a session?

How is Wong talking about doing 4000 in one session, but Griffin says it's very rare someone comes in needing more than 1500?

Thanks.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

forget griffin. most people with progressive hairloss need a megasession to achieve natural results and dense packing. that means 2k and upwards...also, i wouldn't trust a doc who charges by area. you want an exact graft count so you know what you paid for.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Either the women you spoke to lied to you when she said "they very rarely have anyone in who needs more than 1300-1500 grafts"; or, by a miraculous occurrance, Dr. Griffin's office very rarely has anyone walk into their office who is beyond a NW2.

His prices seem high, as well.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hey Dewayne,

I find this weird that they say they rarely have patients that need more than 1300-1500 grafts,most of us need alot more.

They must not be set-up too handle more.Too most coalition doc's anything under 2000 grafts is considered a small to possibly medium session.

Since this Dr is in the coalition,He does not seem to be fitting some of the requirements.

maybe Bill will chime in.

Dr Hasson 2-08

I visited him over 2 years ago, and he said it depended on my preference and finances, but if money was no object he'd recommend a large.

My pics are posted below in another thread and those who responded thought I needed 4,000. I'd like to do about $7500 worth, and then some more in a few years to be honest.

I have a good income and all, but for some reasons this hurts more than say, a new car purchase. I know it shouldn't, but I'm a little more tight with this I suppose.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Something doesn't sound right.

In my opinion, it is grossly inaccurate to say that it is rare for a patient to need more than 1300-1500 grafts. Perhaps there was a misinterpretation of sorts.

Additionally, in order to merit inclusion into the Coalition, a physician must perform regular densely packed sessions of 2500+ grafts in a single session when appropriate for the patient.

I am going to follow up with Dr. Griffin to get his input.

Thanks,

Bill

Dewayne, I can't find any photos of you, like transplant_dude mentioned. A doctor I consulted with a few years ago and their consultant told me I only needed 800 grafts--it gave me a little peach fuzz. After looking at dozens of before and afters realized that 3500 + should have been the real number.

IMO, if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't settle for (at least aiming to get) much less than 3k. Wong's prognosis seems MUCH more reasonable to me than even the "very large" (2k) Griffin estimate.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Everyone,

I took the liberty of calling Dr. Griffin's office and spoke with a very pleasant woman in the office named Amanda.

She did confirm that Dr. Griffin does perform up to 3000 grafts in a single hair transplant session when appropriate for the patient.

Therefore the price breakdown provided for "very large" is really in between 2000 and 3000 grafts rather than just at 2000 grafts.

My best guess is that the statement made about patients only ever needing up to 1500 grafts was misinterpreted somewhere down the line.

To see Pat's (our Publisher) detailed review of Dr. Griffin's clinic and observation of live surgery, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill