I don't want to be a baldy and I'm doing something about it

Hello All,

I'm just a normal guy in St. Louis who is follicularly challenged. I'm 31 and I'm rapidly losing my hair. I decided to do something about it. I've started a site to tell my story and accept donations for the ultimate goal of hair restoration surgery.

Please check me out at:

http://www.shinynoggin.com

Thanks,

Kent

Hello All,

I'm just a normal guy in St. Louis who is follicularly challenged. I'm 31 and I'm rapidly losing my hair. I decided to do something about it. I've started a site to tell my story and accept donations for the ultimate goal of hair restoration surgery.

Please check me out at:

http://www.shinynoggin.com

Thanks,

Kent

Kent

I looked at your photos. Do yourself a favor and forget the hair transplant for a few years. In the meantime, get on Propecia (or split Proscar tablets into quarters, which is even cheaper). You are not bald enough for a hair transplant yet. If you use Proscar or Propecia (Finasteride) you should be able to stop the progression of your hair loss, and possibly even regrow some hair. You should be able to avoid becoming bald enough to need a hair transplant if you respond well, which most guys do. Especially if your hair loss is recent.

hair transplants are extremely expensive, and even if you were bald enough to really need one, it would be a nightmare to not be able to afford to finish the job once you had already started. Nobody is ever really finished with just one transplant, those guys are one in a million. Most people will need multiple surgeries over a period of time.

You get an "A" for gumption but a hair transplant would be a mistake right now. Do some research before you decide a transplant is the solution for you. It may be an option in a few years, but if I were you, I would not get a hair transplant with the amount of hair you still have.

good luck. I like the idea. Looks like it is paying off somewhat so far.

You have a similar hairloss pattern to mine. But your hairloss doesn't look so bad with your frontal pictures in "Other Pics". The goatee certainly helps.

Best of luck with your qwest.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Contact one of the recommended Doctors here or anywhere else for that matter and tell them that you want a HT. In exchange for it you will "pimp" for them on the internet.Promise to mention their name in all your posts and plaster your face all over the net.

Now they may agree to do that for nothing IE. free HT or perhaps they will offer you a discount or maybe some other kind of a reward.

Now if they had any balls or integrity,they would tell you to get lost,or then again would they? icon_wink.gif

Propecia Propecia Propecia

An HT at your stage would be a mistake, get on Propecia and see if your hairloss stops. Also try Toppik, it really works wonders and with your density you'd really benefit.

Baldness is masculine. Jason Statham would look really gay with hair.

• Administrators

Kent,

I've been online surfing hair sites since the begining and this is a totally new site to me. With such gumption I couldn't help but donate via Paypal.

Personally I do think you should apply your donations for now towards Propecia. However, chances are it will not restore your temple recession.

However, in time you can do a hair transplant to restore this area for far less than $10,000 (more like under $4000).

Best wishes, Pat

Sharing our ideas and photos is what keeps this site real. Please participate by posting and replying.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

I don't know what's gotten into you guys. This Kent dude is an idiot. The gall to ask for handouts for a HT! Kent, you say say you're willing to do community service in return for handouts, 'aw right go down to Home Depot, buy a pair of knee pads.....you know the rest. Come on now everybody, HT is serious business for all of us. Don't let this bum make a mockery of it. Kent, save up your dough like the rest of us. You insult those out, especially the younger dudes, struggling along to make ends meet and having to put aside a few bucks to look a little better down the road. You are a shameless jerk.