3026 grafts with Dr. Glenn Charles

Mark S

I had a hair transplant with Dr. Glenn Charles on Wednesday Feb 20. I was a little nervous in the days leading up to my scheduled procedure. However, there was nothing to really worry about.

I was comfortable from beginning to end and the staff was very friendly and put me at ease. The day went fast with the movies to watch and I actually dozed off a few times. I experienced very little pain (the dental stuff I've had done was worse) and I even slept fairly well the very first night, though in a raised position. I've had no bleeding or oozing during the last two nights since the procedure. I can tell from looking at the grafts that when it all grows in that it will look fantastic. I Love my new hairline!

Originally posted by Mark S:

I had a hair transplant with Dr. Glenn Charles on Wednesday Feb 20. I was a little nervous in the days leading up to my scheduled procedure. However, there was nothing to really worry about.

I was comfortable from beginning to end and the staff was very friendly and put me at ease. The day went fast with the movies to watch and I actually dozed off a few times. I experienced very little pain (the dental stuff I've had done was worse) and I even slept fairly well the very first night, though in a raised position. I've had no bleeding or oozing during the last two nights since the procedure. I can tell from looking at the grafts that when it all grows in that it will look fantastic. I Love my new hairline!

Do you have any pics you can post? How old are you, what's your NW level, etc...?

Thanks. Personally, I think you made a good choice as he has an excellent reputation.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Mark,

It's amazing how nervous we can be leading up to the procedure, but then when we are actually in the chair, it doesn't seem like a big deal. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to minimize surgery, however, in my experience, I remember thinking "this isn't so bad" as I just watched movies as the follicular unit grafts were being inserted into the recipient sites.

I'm pleased to hear that your experience with Dr. Charles was a pleasant one. I hope you'll share your pictures with us by creating a hair loss weblog. Linking your blog to your signature is easy. Click here for instructions on creating a hair loss weblog and linking it to your forum signature.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't got around to making a blog yet and posting pictures.

Some more info, I'm 39, have been thinning a lot since about age 30, and I don't know the technical description of how bald I am, it just looks like I haven't got much hair in the front. I'll post a blog with pictures soon