Updated: The value in all of us!

fat people can diet..bald guys are f*cked...thats what forces the hand, the fact that you can't bike the extra pounds off.

Ok to clarify, most bald guys are doomed not all. Yes there are some bald guys that look great shaved, there's also a blind play by play announcer so go figure...the point is on average being bald makes you look and feel worse which can cause depression, stress, doubt, and a whole lot of other problems...So I agree with your point above Hoping get on the bike get some hair and get back what every "IT" is you lost...sorry for the ebay reference.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bald does not equate to ugly. Many bald guys are very attractive. But Bald does in many cases make guys look older and less sexy, and oftentimes it makes them look less distinguished than the same person with hair. But ugly people, I mean truly ugly people - from my observations often have ugly personalities. Interesting to know what came first, the chicken or the egg?

What a bunch of philisophical guys! We are all right in our arguments.. Every person is different and yes, some women like bald guys too..As long as we are happy inside that's whats important but I'm sure Michael Jackson tried his best tooo.. The outside can only compliment the inside.. If you inside is good then the outside with only enhance it..

Cheers mates

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

LOL...I've been laughing as I read the last several posts. Very amusing, but all very correct. All the above are generalizations...each to the individual. I do agree, being "broken" in some way most likely (again another generalization) will make a person more willing to help others, especially if they've found a cure to their own problem. Jotronic was a great example...now, of course, we cannot assume that he wasn't as great of a guy before his hairloss....but we certainly know that because of his aches and pains in losing his hair, he has become more compassionate toward men who are. I am certain that I am also one of them. The time I spend here as I've announced is both for support and to support others. I surely feel much more compassionate to those men (hence the reason for this specific post) who are losing their hair. It hurts, we feel awful, we feel unattractive, we feel ugly and undesirable...so we band together as men to help support one another. I also enjoyed the comment about bald men band together...that was funny! You know what's interesting? That isn't true in my real life case. Unfortunately, just about every male friend I have has a full head of hair, which of course, in turn makes me feel worse...I can't even bond with them about the problem. I mean, I share with them my burden, but they don't quite get it. Though one of my friends has confided in me that he struggles with going gray...he has started graying prematurely and he struggles with it. I don't want to undermine his struggle in any way, but I would KILL to have that problem instead. :P But still...so he understands that as much as he's struggling with going gray, how much more would he be struggling if he was going bald? I think going bald is comparable to someone who struggles severely with weight...where the normal diet and exercise program just doesn't work for! Anyway...I've gotten off track of my original points above...but I think I've drilled them enough don't you think? :P

Bill

before I got my ht I didnt think my hairloss bothered me that much. but now after my ht has grown in I can tell it did bother me more than I realized. I am in realestate and wholesale lending, both very apprearance drivin and people judge you on first impression, having a nice spotless car, nice suit, shiny shoes, well organized, and groomed. Of coarse you have to have the confidence behind it as well. but it is a materialistic world and we are part of it. I heard a saying once, god judges people for the inside, man judges people for the outside, so work on the inside for god and the outside for man.

Hey Troy,

Yes it is common to be bothered by our imperfections...it's interesting how you didn't realize it bothered you that much until after an HT, where as for me, it bothered me so much that I was driven into the HT (or 3 =P). Interesting saying too...in fact, part of that is from the Bible "Man looks at the outward appearance whereas God looks at the heart". It is definately good to work on the outside, to take care of ourselves...I agree....and yes, even more important to take care of the inside!

Bill

Alot of what getting an HT is about is a feeling of empowerment.

In Terms of Endearment, Aurora finally goes next door to see the Astronaut (Jack Nicholson). She's in his dining room surrounded by NASA trophies, pictures, awards etc.

Finally she says, "I can't believe you need all this stuff to get women"

Jack replied, "Sometimes its not enough."

I agree with you Mark H...we don't like to feel out of control, so getting our hair back does feel very empowering...it's nice to know we have some control over what we look like. It's the same as someone losing a significant amount of weight...they talk about the feeling of taking control of their life back.

Funny quote! lol. I never saw that movie...but I heard it was pretty funny!

Bill

Hello everyone,

I removed the last several posts of mine because of just how badly things can be interpreted. It was kind of fun to have the discussion...but I don't want peering eyes getting the wrong idea so I have removed my posts regarding Steve and Sarah. I ask that anyone who has quoted me in any of these posts to also remove their messages. Thank you!

Bill

Wow, I missed out on some great conversation in this thread!

Bill, you gave a good rundown of what we all feel. Our actual appearance almost never represents the way we see ourselves. Our "minds eye," so to speak, is generally a much more accurate representation of how we feel.

I think there are generally two kinds of people when it comes to how humans see themselves in a mirror: optimists and pessimists. The optimist looks at himself in the mirror and is either content or sees things he would like to change and takes action to do so. This person, in general, is probably more apt to be the same way in other areas of his life: business, romance, etc. He is a go-getter; a take-charge kind of guy.

The second is the guy that looks in the mirror and just gets depressed. Instead of taking action, he lets the negativity of how he percieves himself to poison his self-esteem, therefor affecting the rest of his life as well.

There are both types of people here on the forums. The optimist is no better than the pessimist, per se; but guys that have taken action to become what they want can help the other guys out. And that's what the forums are for. To help give the other guy a leg up.

And by action, I certainly don't mean to run out and get a hair transplant right away. There is, of course, a difference between action and recklessness. However, the action of starting, of learning, of getting that motion of inertia behind you, is really the hardest part. Once you get it rolling it's all downhill from there.

And no matter what, it's never worth crying in your soup over. I have friends that are in their late 20s and are NW6s. Yeah, I've taken them to the side and talked to one or two of them about what can be done. Some listen and some are (believe it or not) content to "bic" it all off and just not worry with it. Am I just a bit jealous? Hell yeah I am! But I'm just one of those guys that looks terrible with a bald head. It would never work for me.

Confidence is the key, gentleman. And if you can't change something about yourself then you just have to let it go.

Good discussion, Bill. And it's good to see you're still on the forums.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hi All

I have not removed my posts icon_smile.gifand guys I respect your opinions and veiwpoints.. If others take offense that's their option but it still doesn't change my perspective on the situation as it is based on real life experience.. I am a big time optimist but all the positive thinking will not change the way others think about you and the standards of society..Looking good is important to me so this is why I dress well, stay in shape and want to get my hair back.. I want every advantage both professionally and personally..

That's my scoop

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Robert,

Great post! Yes, we've been having a great discussion and I'm glad you put your two cents in. I think you summed it up pretty well.

I haven't seen or spoken to you in awhile. It's good to have you back. And I happen to see the "Associate Publisher" next to your name now...that's awesome. So what does that officially mean? Does that mean you'll be around more? I hope so. The forums were emptier without you.

Also, I wanted to tell you, that you have been a great support to me especially in the beginning when I was learning how this all worked and as I went through my HT experiences in the past. If it weren't for you, for Pat, and other supporters and educators on this forum, I would not be where I am today. I am here now because of people like you...I am still going through experiences of hair restoration, but I also have a burning desire to give back to this forum, and more importantly, to people who are struggling to find information about hairloss. I remember when I first started researching way before I found this site...I fell into so many scams and lost a lot of ground all because I wanted to believe things that weren't true. So I wanted to say thank you for all your help! And now I hope to be a help to others and one of the "veterans" here today.

Mrjb,

It's ok man...you don't have to change your viewpoint. I actually agree with everything you wrote...you can't change other people's perspective and I too want to work hard and look good. There is nothing wrong with that. Everything I've said in previous posts I hope did not promote I am against or disagree with this.

Bill

Yo Bill

Thanks . Yeah, just wanted to stick by our forum and the great discussion.. By the way, thay 7550 look sdamn good below your name.. I have sent H & W some pics to look at of me to get an assessment. We will see if they are OK with not shaving my head.. Hey, who removed your staples?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hey Mrjb,

Indeed it is a great discussion! Yeah 7550 grafts sounds crazy....but if I look and feel better, than it is worth it! Good luck with your assessment with H&W. I'm sure they "can" do your HT without shaving your head...but I'm not sure they would want to. Anyway, keep me posted.

I actually removed my own staples. Thank God for tri-fold mirrors. My wife was going to do it, but I was able to get all of them myself. Only about an hour or so spent doing it icon_wink.gif

Bill

Thanks Bill

Hell yeah it's worth it..Wow, you did your own staples!! I might have to do that too if they do my HT.. OUCH OUCH.. Well, I've had 2 HT's without shaving and I look damn good so I'm not worried.. Many coalition docs do it this way which I'm sure is a pain.. It's my only option though ??

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Yep...did my own staples...some were painful, some weren't...but it would have been the same if someone else did it. I just happened to take it as a challenge so I did it myself icon_wink.gif.

Let me know how it goes with H&W as to whether or not they'll do the HT without shaving your head. As for me...I guess I would have rathered not having my head shaved...but because they are an advocate of it and the logic behind it makes sense, I said go for it...shave it all! It will grow back. But I understand your concern. Let me know how it goes.

Bill

I actually removed my own staples.

Good God. This is how much of a wuss I am, I guess. I can take a lot as far as getting injured is concerned (in fact, I just got hit by a car a couple of weeks ago) but the thought of pulling the staples out myself makes me dizzy. You're a bigger man than me, Bill. icon_smile.gif

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Dude Robert...you got hit by a car? Well obviously you are ok enough to type so we can all assume the injury wasn't that bad? Seriously though...I hope it wasn't bad and that you are ok.

LOL about the staples. It was really an easy process...well, until I got to the back of my head. You should have seen me trying to angle using my tri-fold bathroom mirror. It worked wonderfully but the sun glare didn't help. It was a challenge though and I did get them all myself...not one left for my wife to have to remove when she returned home from church. Some were painful, some came out very easy. Some bled...in which case I haulted the process temporarily while I held pressure to the area stopping the bleeding. Pressure was only needed for a few seconds at most to stop the bleeding. I'd say only a handful were bleeders, but I'd say maybe 4 handfuls were pretty painful.

I didn't really want to go to church with a one clip and staples being exposed. I think by next week I should be able to attend service again...I still look a little silly...but I don't care that much...it's temporary...I just keep reminding myself icon_biggrin.gif

Bill

Yeah, man. Got hit by a car crossing the street a few weeks ago. It was actually a hit and run. Noone even thought to get the tag off the car. icon_mad.gif

I came out ok, though. Just a broken wrist and a mild concussion. It was only a Cavalier. I guess I'm lucky it wasn't something bigger. icon_smile.gif I was laid up for a few days but I'm back in business now; good as new.

-Robert