bob C

27young

"27young: What makes you an expert? What doctor do you work for? What's with posting "pro FUE" and   

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"27young:

What makes you an expert? What doctor do you work for? What's with posting "pro FUE" and "best price on propecia"? I agree with NW: If you want an FUE, get one already."

In responce to your questions: i'm not an expert, and I work for no doctors. I'm pro FUE because I want to educate guys like you, who seem to have not seen what STIP does to the back of your head, that there is a NEW AND BETTER version of a HT here - now, we just need to get the top docs on this board to learn it.

I need to say this again: the strip method does work...but there is no need for a scar. But let me guess, you or some others don't care about the scar because you will never shave your head. Well tell you what-I hope that you will never have "stretch back". Yes, this can happen and you could end up with messy scar or GOD FORBID you will ever get Cancer. With the strip, there are too many risks....Up untill now, it was a chance you HAD to take: why do you think you have to sign your life away prior to a HT....the risks are there and people don't seem to recognize them.

Yes, FUE is new - and that's why people are unsure about it. But you need to know that there are a few doctors in the world who want to limit the risk for the patient, learning thIS new technique. Yes: there is NO REASON why the rest of these "top" docs can't take the time to learn the FUE and save, even if it's just one patient, from a scar. Man - Doctor Jones has stated that he will soon only offer the FUE and is somewhat anti strip, why? because he knows the risks to his patients and he want to limit them as much possible. There is no need to mention Dr. Woods, he has stated for years he was against it.

Did you know that most, if not every HT DOC on this forum, have a patient that is very unhappy with his scar? Yes, it's not because they were out to scar the patient, but because "mother nature" decided to make him or her the small percentage who will end up with the bad scar. But then you might say, well they can fix it with a scar revision....lol...i heard that before....why pay more fixing something that you could have 100% prevented in the fist thing?

We all know, or most of us do, that the FUE is the next and final step in HT's, the next being HM. Just like the doll hairs of old, the strip will soon be out the window.

In conclusion: i'm pro FUE because IT'S THE BEST PROCEDURE OUT THERE, PERIOD..try and argue that. Second: the propecia is to save young guys money who think, quote: "I don't want to go on Propecia because it's too expensive". Well now they can. I was also a student and know how tight money is. But you know what: why would u even ask that question? Kinda silly don't you think.

This is a message forum the promises the BEST procedure in HT's - that procedure is now the FUE. That's a fact. There is nothing more to talk about here. Do some research and come back to me: you will also be pro FUE.

"Your only a top Doctor when you offer the MOST advanced technique available" - THE REAL TOP DOCTORS TO DATE ON PATS LIST: 3 - PRO FUE!

Here is the best price you will find for Propecia: $44.99 for a year's worth.

http://www.dru-online.com/

or

http://www.generics-online-pharmacy.com/ProductList.htm

39.40 for 8 months

Glad you are passionate about the FUE.

I think it is your "pitch" that make your advocacy sound fishy.

If you really think it is the best, then you don't need to push it like a used car salesman with "there is no argument, this is the best!"

That just pisses people off.

You have had a lot of good posts that I've read. If you truly want to educated and help people as you said, then you convey experiences and research, not blurt out "this is the best because I say it is best".

You've got a lot of good points. I think if you change your pitch, people will read your posts for what they are and how you intend them instead of saying, "Who made him the end-all expert?".

That's my opinion. Take it for what it is worth because more people share it than you think.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I agree with you and will be soon be getting the FUE done. I guess my point is: what the heck is so fishy? The Fue is the next stage in HT's - period. I challenge even a Doc on that point.

And you're right, as of now - I can't convey "experience" - but I can covey "research". The FUE is here, we just need to get doctors to learn it, making it the standard in HT's. ......Period

"Your only a top Doctor when you offer the MOST advanced technique available" - THE REAL TOP DOCTORS TO DATE ON PATS LIST: 3 - PRO FUE!

or

39.40 for 8 months

27young,

You have the right idea, maybe work on your approach a bit, 1st off, you are talking to people who have been around the block with HT, so for several people myself included we "do" anxiously await the day FUE is realistic and mainstream. 2nd, You are not necessarily educating a majority of posters here. The idea behind FUE does not require a masters degree in medicine to understand.

When and If you have 1st hand experience with FUE I am sure all will welcome your feedback/pics or whatever, with open arms. I dont feel you are right or wrong, the procedure is still fairly new and in testing stages for most Physicians, Woods, Jones, Feller and maybe a few others are the very few publicly acknowledging the practice.

My advice work on persuation "after" the cards are dealt.

Good Luck !!

NW

In theory, FUE may be a superior procedure to the strip technique. I would caution that longer follow-up is needed to ascertain this. At this time, only a handful of elite surgeons are attempting this procedure. I question whether ever a moderately talented HT surgeon could get excellent results using FUE. Sooner or later we are going to hear stories about botched FUE procedures.

Also, remember that only the APPEARANCE of scarring is less with FUE than with strip excision. There is MUCH MORE scar tissue formed in total volume with FUE than with strip excision. Let's wait and see if this causes any long term problems before jumping the gun and declaring FUE to be the superior procedure.

Quote: "There is MUCH MORE scar tissue formed in total volume with FUE than with strip excision."

Oh really? Where did you get that from - or did you forget to notice the 6 inches of scalp the doctor throws out afetr the strip method.

After the FUE - you CAN shave your head.

Quote: "At this time, only a handful of elite surgeons are attempting this procedure."

There is no reason why all doctors should not be learning this technique. It's simple guys. When "Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation" was introduced, people were saying the same things, now it the norm. We know FUE works and works great....we just need to make it the norm. So many guys on the board will use the strip method because their doctors can't offer the FUE. That's not right. The technology is here. They need to learn it and follow the lead of Dr. Jones. It can't can any more simple.

or

39.40 for 8 months

27young,

First, please accept my apology if I came on too strong or sounded rude.

Second, let me echo what others have posted here: Most of us on this site are eager to gather knowledge and make informed desicisions. Your original post gave the impression that you felt you knew more than the rest of us - even the doctors, and that we should all wake up and hop on the FUE bandwagon.

I have been looking into some of Dr Jones' work. FUE looks like a no-brainer. And you're right - doctors were originally reluctant to adopt FU HTs and ditch the plug surgeries not all that long ago. But for quite some time, they have been considered (by most) state of the art.

Flaps and scalp reductions seemed to be "the answer" at one time too. But alas, they really were too good to be true.

If the FUE method proves to be all that it is hoped to be, it eliminates a big step in the history of hair transplantion: the entire strip excision era! We're back to removing small units from the donor area. But this time they're truly small - not eraser sized plugs!

I'm all for progress. But most new research takes time and trial and error to get the bugs out. And many "controversial" methods include a downside.

Perhaps there is no downside to FUE HTs. I need to read up on it more, and follow doctors' research and patients' results. If you keep posting accurate research, I'll keep reading. Fair enough?

Bob

Please accept my apology is anyone thinks that my points were directed at them - besides many doctors. What I am getting at and upset about is that so FEW doctors are adopting FUE as the norm. Sure, it's new, but as many of the real "top" doctors have proven, it works and is less harm to the patient.

I realize I can't educate many of you vets of HT's - but I ask that you get on the boat and make doctors provide the FUE 100%. This will not only lower the cost but also save time to refine this proceudre. Simply put - so many doctors are way behind in the times with the strip and don't offer this "safer" HT to their patients.

I ask Pat to even start asking doctors to offer the FUE. And please don't tell me that these doctors are looking at all the information first - than making a decision. Please, we all know the FUE and many doctors have put their practice on it: Dr. Jones and others.

Here is a question: You're a top Doc on this form and decide to have a HT. The doctor you decide to perform the procedure is Dr. Berstein. Now, Dr. Bernstein offers to option: the strip and the FUE. What procedure would you take?

It's a NO BRAINER. Dr's need to offer the FUE now and fast - they owe it to patients. That is if they are commited to offering the very best in HT's, as this site claims.

or

39.40 for 8 months

If that's the case and it's not refined yet: why is Dr. Woods offering this as his sole practice? Dr. Jones even stated in an interview that he will soon be only offering the FUE and lets not forget Dr. Gu (spelling?) There are many patients out there with amazing results using the FUE - it's here and it works. The only thing that needs to be refined is the price and time it takes. Nothing more.

or

39.40 for 8 months

"A limitation of the FOX Procedure?„? is that it may cause transection (destruction of the follicles by severing them). This can potentially result in decreased growth in transplanted follicles and a decrease in overall yield form the procedure. We have been specifically interested in determining in which patients follicular units can be removed without damage."

FOX is NHI's trade name for their FOllicular eXtraction procedure. It seems to me that they are proceding with caution. They admit that they believe that at this stage of their research and practice that not everyone will benefit more from FUE vs strip excision FU surgery.

Stay tuned ...