no growth after exactly 6 months.

please help! why don't i see growth but stalled grafts from 6 months ago that never fell out or grew. what's happening? very worried here... icon_frown.gif

my info: NW5a, 900 grafts done, fu ht performed, and this is my 2nd ht.

please help! why don't i see growth but stalled grafts from 6 months ago that never fell out or grew. what's happening? very worried here... icon_frown.gif

my info: NW5a, 900 grafts done, fu ht performed, and this is my 2nd ht.

Just curious, baldboy, but why won't you say who your doctor was? You never seem to want to answer that question. Did you go to him for your 1st HT? How long did it take for those grafts to grow in? How many grafts? You need to provide more info.

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

i had my ht done at mhr. this is my second procedure done at the same place but with a different doctor. i had 700 grafts on my 1st procedure and another 900 grafts done on my second. I was told this was all i needed even after the 3 month follow up. i was not satisfied with my first procedure because i came out looking with less hair due to shock loss. so i had to complete this second procedure but so far i have'nt seen any slight dramatical change after six months. now, my doctor told me to give it more time... but i just dont know anymore...my 1st tranplant i know was not successful.... i'm just really giving up hope.

baldboy,

I've had two smaller HT sessions, and I think I experienced a lot of shock loss after the 2nd. I would say though that after 1 year the shocked hair was back and the grafts had also grown in at that point, but they were a non-issue because there was only 100 of them. You may just have to be more patient. Good luck.

Manko

thanks for your response, guys. but i just dont get it... from what i was told and heard i'm suppose to see some decent growth after 6 months.

right? this is really stressing me out... i know patience is the key but it did'nt work before on my 1st ht. is there a god??? help!

Baldboy,

What do you mean by "decent growth"? Are you seeing any results? I would be concerned if there was nothing. If there is something, maybe indeed you need to be patient. The "desperate phase",... "I'm I the only one", etc. occurs at different times for different people.

Jim

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

what i mean by "decent growth" at least some noticable growth. it looks like nothing changed. as a matter of fact, it appears less hair than before the ht. now, dont you think i should be very concerned at this point.

i've seen pictures of some of you guys growing hair as early as 3 months...that's a miracle..i've been taking pictures every month and there is no improvement whatsoever. what are the chances maybe i'm one of those unexplained/unfortunate delayed growth or no growth individuals that are just not good candidates for hair transplant? anyone, please help.

[This message was edited by baldboy on May 28, 2003 at 04:33 PM.]

baldboy, Could you post your before/after pictures? Not that I don't believe when you say nothing's growing, but having different perspective on your results might give you some respite. Thanks

unfortunately, i don't have a scanner. i wish i could...but please take my word for it.

of course, maybe a few like 10 hairs or so grew..but no slight improvement occured. my wife and my family whom i shared this secret with even told me so...

i know hair transplants works for most of you guys but i honestly have to say it didn't work for me. if ever i can turn back time... i would have just say no to hair transplants and bic my head.

[This message was edited by baldboy on May 28, 2003 at 04:56 PM.]

[This message was edited by baldboy on May 28, 2003 at 04:56 PM.]

From your latest description of your situation, sounds like some growth is evident ("10 hairs"), but as far as improvement over where you were pre-procedure, I wouldn't think that would be evident for some more time, maybe 6 - 8 months post-op. Your shock loss might just now be starting to sprout, along with the 10 hairs that should increase over time. So I would hang in there. I really don't know from experience, yet, since I'm only about 6 weeks out, but I look a little worse than before I think, due to a minor amount of shock, but I dont' expect to be improved over where I was pre op until 6 mos, at best, even though I hope to see some growth before that.

So hang in the man, give it a little more time before hitting the panic button.

no luck on first ht one either, man. my doc didn't explained to me about shock loss... i ended up with less hair.. in other words, my hair loss just advanced! BIG disappoinment.

to make things worse i even told people at work what i had done 2weeks post (thinking i would improve my apperance anyway). Major!! Major!! mistake...i was just a complete JACKASS!!!

damn baldboy, I'm sorry you had to go through that. That sucked.

That's the ONLY time I think disclosure truly hurts you: when the result does not look better that the before.

I can see why you are a little concerned. Give it a bit more time and post picts. Maybe then we can try to help/support your case better.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I know what you are going through. I am going through something like this too. Have you seen a dermatologist yet? I have been told to have patience too. We can wait it out together. Hang in there hun.

I know you don't want to hear this but I would be very concerned if I didn't see anything happening by the 6 month mark. Everyone is different, but by then there should be some signs that things are starting to happen. I am a week shy of 3 months and already have alot of hair popping through.

Stay on your doctors ass and let them know you are NOT happy about this. It's so easy for them to dismiss it and try to appease you.....it's not their life that is in turmoil. The main reason for poor yield is the handling of the grafts. If they were not handled well by the techs, it can affect the growth. Whatever you do, don't let them try to blame you for the poor growth which I am sure they will.

Dude have you been using the rogaine on the grafts? 6 months is a long time. I have had 6 HT's and my latest I used the rogaine and started growing just 9 weeks post op. I am now 4.5 months post op and am very satified with only 635 grafts I had done this time.

I would be on your doc's case big time. Dont ever go back there again, there are much better docs out there with some integrity.

Demand to talk to your doc and dont let up till you get a refund or something.

aloha from Maui

Experience:

6 HT to date.......wish this forum was around in the 90's!

dudes and ladies, nope!!! nope !!! no growth yet!!

i really believe this ht was/is a failure.. my doc said to give it more time...time!! time!! yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!it's close to 6 1/2 months already!! dammit!!!!!!!! i hate this shit!!!!!!

out.