Re: Scalp Stretching

Hi ya,

I am going for my 2nd hair transplant on the 23 November 04. It will be around 750 grafts.

I was wondering how many transplants can someone go for before their scalp can't take anymore stretching?

I worry that my scar will get bigger and want to know what the experiences of those who have had numerous hair transplants.

What can be done to prevent stretching as well?

Thanks for your help.

Hi ya,

I am going for my 2nd hair transplant on the 23 November 04. It will be around 750 grafts.

I was wondering how many transplants can someone go for before their scalp can't take anymore stretching?

I worry that my scar will get bigger and want to know what the experiences of those who have had numerous hair transplants.

What can be done to prevent stretching as well?

Thanks for your help.

Shaggy,

I read in a previous post of yours, you had about 750 grafts from your first procedure.

With an additional 750 your scalp should have no problem yielding that.

Most people can produce anywhere from 6000 to 10000 in an extreme, grafts.

If for some reason you do not have great donor laxity, then you could do "scalp exercises".

Just do a search on the forum and you'll learn all about it.

750 grafts is an unusually small procedure. Have you asked another doctor for his opinion? I STRONGLY encourage you to do this. It is possible that your doctor has low-balled you to get you back in the chair.

Unless your recipient area is about 10 cm/2 (which is a VERY VERY small area) you really really really need to get a second opinion from smeone who is recommended on this site.

If you don't at least get a second opinion, and perhaps switch doctors, it is possible and VERY LIKELY that you will regret your decision for the rest of your life. icon_cool.gif

Well it is indeed a low number, but it's hard to tell what is or isn't appropriate in Shaggy's case without more details on his consultation, the name of his doc and maybe a few pictures!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Hi ya,

Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah it does seem like a small procedure, but I'm not that bald yet.

I have no loss in the crown at all, it's just my temples and now my mid scalp is starting to thin.

The Dr doesn't want to over do the mid scalp yet so as not to disrupt the existing hair.

I reckon I will need about 4-5 procedures over time. I just don't want to be bald until I get it that's all.

I will check out these exercises and give them a try.