using a pony tail to hide low density?

hi,

i see everyones pictures and everyone has short hair. why doesnt anyone grow their hair long as a pony tail to spread more donor hair out on top of the head and the long hairs will hide low density on the scalp?

this way you could have a low hair line and will give the appearance of a full look rather than having high density with a bigger forehead.

hi,

i see everyones pictures and everyone has short hair. why doesnt anyone grow their hair long as a pony tail to spread more donor hair out on top of the head and the long hairs will hide low density on the scalp?

this way you could have a low hair line and will give the appearance of a full look rather than having high density with a bigger forehead.

Same reason many no longer listen to the Village People. They had there day and that hairstyle had its day. Ofcourse in certain cirles it is still a cool look, but my hockey buddies might beat the tar out of me. icon_smile.gif

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

lol I've got long hair, and it still works nicely for strip clubs, and in my sport of BJJ and MMA. Although to be honest, it's kind of a pain in the ass when grappling. I've gotten chunks of it ripped out before. Think it mainly just depends on how you wear it long, if it looks any good, and your personal style, etc. In my case, because I'm not really, really bald, it does in fact help to hide the thinning, and I plan on having a second surgery here soon, so as it won't be an issue. I definitely don't want to be "that guy" who's bald but still has a ponytail of the sides and back. That's just not a real flattering look for anyone.

Same reason many no longer listen to the Village People. They had there day and that hairstyle had its day

LOL NN!

There was a time when I had long hair pulled back in a pony tail with the sides and back of my head shaved. Yeah...that's right. I should try to find some pictures, scan them, and post them for you all to laugh at! I'll tell you though...women LOVED my hair. It wasn't too long, but long enough, thick, golden and shiny!

With my hair restored, I could probably pull it off again (though a bit thinner) but it's simply not the style.

Chris...it is possible though...you can always mask thin areas by growing hair a little longer. Be careful as to not create the "comb over" effect. It's typically obvious and doesn't look good!

Bill

I'll pay 300 dollards Bill to see that haha

Well, general rule is the less hair you have the shorter you should wear it .

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Jobi,

icon_biggrin.gif. I'll await the check in the mail icon_wink.gif. I'll try to gather some pictures in the next couple weeks or so and post them!

I agree....thinner hair should be worn shorter for the most part. That's why after my second HT, I wore it at about a 6 clip on top. Now I grow it a few inches on top and have a lot more flexibility!

Bill