Just beginning Fin

Markymarc1981

Marky,

Welcome to our community.

I have found that it is best to chart your progress with monty pictures. Be sure to take pictures of your hair loss condition now and then monthly for comparison purposes.

We'd love also for you to post your monthly progress pictures on this forum.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Moderator:

Marky,

Welcome to our community.

I have found that it is best to chart your progress with monty pictures. Be sure to take pictures of your hair loss condition now and then monthly for comparison purposes.

We'd love also for you to post your monthly progress pictures on this forum.

Best wishes,

Bill

That's a great idea.

Wow it's a lot worse then I thought. I didn't know the crown was this bad. I just hope Fin can bring back what time has taken away from me. Anyway this is week 1 of Fin. I'll take new pics once a month and let you guys be the judge.

I'm definitely getting a HT in Spring. I'm going to see Dr. Seager and Dr. Jones. I appreciate any feedback on these two doctors.

Marky,

Often times we don't see the top of our heads, so taking pictures from the top really shows the reality of the situation.

Stay on propecia for at least a year assuming you aren't experiencing any side effects to see if it, at the very least, slows down or stops your hair loss, and hopefully regrows hair.

For your information, Dr. Seager has sadly passed away. See more on this story here.

When selecting a hair restoration physician, be sure to select among those who have a proven track record of consistent positive patient results. I recommend our Coalition physician who have a stellar reputation for performing first-class hair transplant results.

Best wishes,

Bill

Mark,

Dr. Rahal's online reputation is stellar and you can see what a number of his patients are saying by doing a simple "find" on our hair restoration forum community.

Consulting with him at anytime would be great however, I personally would give the Propecia and Rogaine at least 1 year before considering hair transplant surgery.

Bill

Rahall has some GREAT results on here. I would surely touch base with him.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I'll stay on the fin for 6 months to a year before doing the HT. But I heard Fin is not very effective on a receeding hairline??? My crown is in pretty good shape for 26 years old, so my hair line is my main concern. I'm still going to visit dr. jones and dr. Mckenzie to further my knowledge. Consultations are free so I have nothing to lose.

Marky,

There is a mixed bag of opinions on whether or not finasteride or even minoxodil will work on the hairline. In my opinion, I believe they can be effective hair loss treatments in the hairline, just as much as the crown. Of course, how effective they are depends on the level of hair loss and how far gone these miniaturized hairs are.

But it doesn't hurt to try.

Bill