bosley in scottsdale

stickersteve

I am finally looking into my first HT. I am 47 and have put this decision off for years. For some reason I feel now is the time. I went to bosley in scottsdale a couple days ago, and made my appointment right there. After I got home and found this site I have put that appointment on hold hoping to get some advise from you guys. I do not see to much good words on here about bosley. Any other places in the scottsdale/phoenix area that are recommended.

I am finally looking into my first HT. I am 47 and have put this decision off for years. For some reason I feel now is the time. I went to bosley in scottsdale a couple days ago, and made my appointment right there. After I got home and found this site I have put that appointment on hold hoping to get some advise from you guys. I do not see to much good words on here about bosley. Any other places in the scottsdale/phoenix area that are recommended.

Hello, Stickersteve,

The posters on this site are very knowledgable. Take our advice and cancel with Bosley. You have an excellent surgeon here in Phoenix, Dr. Alexander.

Bosley is a marketing machine whose purpose is more about getting you in the chair than a quality result. A quality result is what we all want, right?

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hey sticker, I am not a veteran of this site & I am reseaching HTP myself. I am 49 & live in Phoenix too.

So let me tell you what I have learned in my quest for a head of hair.

First forget Bosley as Gorpy said.

I am considering Dr. Alexander in Phoenix & Dr. Keene In Tuscon where Gorpy went.

Now if I liked to fly I would put Hasson & Wong in Vancouver on that list. They have a lot of documented cases of successful HTP's & a lot of satisfied customers!

If you want something close to home and want a more conservative approach with natural results I would pick Dr. Keene. Dr. Alexander if you are looking for tight packed graphs for more density. As I write this I am trying to make up my own mind. But before you leap into anything stay on this forum for a while & you will be

enlightend! So slow down & do your research.

The people on this forum are knowledgeable &

honest, sometimes brutally! LOL!

Good luck & stay in touch!

Folica

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum,

My buddies have given you good advice, especially about Bosley. If you don't mind let's start from square # 1:

As we tell all new members we'll need your statistics:

- Age 47

- Are you taking any kind of Finasteride/Dutasteride or Minoxidil? If so which one, brand, generic?

- Take pictures of you hair, top, front, back and sides and post them here in the photo album section, you'll get a lot of expert advice. For the best way to take pics go to:

http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com/hair-loss-photo-tips.htm

- Ask as many questions as you need, we are here to help. Research, read, learn as much as you can on this forum and on the Multimedia Hair Loss Learning Center:

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/

- Once you are a bit more familiar with the terminology and the different approaches you can guesstimate your own Norwood scale:

http://hairloss.cyberatlantis.com/library/norwood_scale.php

- Check members Hair Loss Weblogs to find cases similar to yours, the doctors who did their HT and their results:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

- You can also play with the graft calculator to get an idea:

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/mm/calc.html

Don't rush, the more you know, the best choices you'll make. Some members spend months here before reaching their best educated decision.

We are looking forward to more of your details so we can be more helpful.

Steve, Dr. Shelly Friedman will be on channel 5 tonight here in Phoenix @ 10pm.

He is with NHC, He has been around for many years but has no track record on this or any other forum. But you will gain some insight on the HTP procedure. Check it out.

Folica

Steve,

Good thing to cancel with Bosley. They are a generic money making marketing machine. Avoid like the plague. Do yourself a favor and do a lot of research but why not start with a visit to Dr. Alexander or Dr. Keene. For the most part I have only heard good things and seen good results. But don't rush into anything. There are several factors to consider so as you research you will learn more and more. Ask plenty of questions. Good luck.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

stickersteve,

Welcome to the forums. The others on this forum have given you good advice. Special thanks to HK500 who is the link king icon_wink.gif.

I think the best thing to do at this point is to do some research. Still not convinced Bosley is not the way to go? Do a "find" on this forum and other hairloss forums for Bosley and see what you find. In my experience, there have been many more negative reports and dissatisfied patients than positive and satisfied ones.

When looking for a physician, your best bet is to start here: http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp. These surgeons have proven themselves with consistent positive results. But don't take my word for it. Use the "find" feature again on some of these doctors and take your time researching. Look at real patient before/after photos and go from there. Additionally, never judge your case by just one other patient...look at many patients from the same doc and look for consistency. That is important. Additionally, don't be afraid to look outside of your local area. Many people travel around the world to get surgery performed by a world class top doctor. Hope this helps.

Bill

The only links that are really needed are the following:

bosleymedical.com

bosleymedicalviolations.com

Is there anything else that needs to be said?

StickerSteve, we are a group of informed consumers that are trying to help people make an informed decision. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Gorpy

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hey Stickersteve!

I have had two HT's with Dr. Alexander and am very impressed with both. You can check out some of my pics on my weblog. I might be going back eventually to get my small bald spot in my crown taken care of(hair greed) if the rogaine foam doesn't work. He is a confident guy who takes great pride in his artistic ability to create the best hairline possible. He tells it how he sees it and is very genuine. He makes all the incisions and uses very small custom blades that allow your recipient area to heal very fast. Overall, I am so happy I went to him after getting butchered by another place in the Phoenix Area.