Facial Hair Transplant

Hello Everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their active participation. This is a great resource for all the people needing advice.

I am a 24 year old male with very little facial hair. Anyone who meets me for the first time feels I am a 17/18 year old boy. I feel this is having a negative impact on my self-confidence in social settings.

I belive by having a beard transplant I will look more mature. What do you guys think, will it really help me to look more my age.

Also, could you please suggest some surgeons who do facial hair transplants. I have gone through the websites of some of the surgeons who are in the recommended surgeon's list and on their website most of them do not talk about facial hair transplants. I know Dr. Epstein and Dr. Arocha perform beard transplants. Can you please name a few more and if possible their cost per graft, thank you for all your help.

Hello Everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their active participation. This is a great resource for all the people needing advice.

I am a 24 year old male with very little facial hair. Anyone who meets me for the first time feels I am a 17/18 year old boy. I feel this is having a negative impact on my self-confidence in social settings.

I belive by having a beard transplant I will look more mature. What do you guys think, will it really help me to look more my age.

Also, could you please suggest some surgeons who do facial hair transplants. I have gone through the websites of some of the surgeons who are in the recommended surgeon's list and on their website most of them do not talk about facial hair transplants. I know Dr. Epstein and Dr. Arocha perform beard transplants. Can you please name a few more and if possible their cost per graft, thank you for all your help.

newtoforum, Someone, I'm sure, will help you out better once they read this, and not too long ago I saw some photos of a guy on the forum whose facial transplant looked awesome! Maybe Bill can show you when he chimes in.

newtoforum,

Welcome to our community.

A few of our elite Coalition surgeons have presented some recent examples of facial hair transplants in the "hair transplant patient photo albums" section of the forum.

Facial hair transplants work on a similar principle as hair transplants however, the artistic design is different on the face as it will be on the scalp. Be sure to consult and research all physicians you are considering and look through many before/after facial hair transplant photos to see if you feel you will be satisfied with the results.

Keep in mind that at 24 years old, it may seem insulting to be considered a 17 or 18 year old, but it could be a blessing by the time you are 35.

Best wishes,

Bill

Damn son. Listen to your elders... icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, you'll be proud of your youthful looks in 3 or 4 years, and I wouldn't do something permanent like that if it messed up that look.

I used to look very young for my age as well, but a thinning head robbed me of it too soon. Yes, it's a little annoying but think about being 30 and being able to blend in with a 22 year old! Yikes!

Seriously, dude, think about it.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

My facial and body hair excess bugs me almost as much as my scalp hair thinning. I am going to most likely move my robust beard hair to the scalp in future. Man I wish I had your problem!

I too hate my extreme manly facial hair and have been thinking about getting it all removed! I'm positive that even at 60 i will not want a godamn beard or mustache haha. They can completely remove facial hair right? Like for good?

Thank you for all your responses. I do understand that at a later age looking young might help but as of now its a huge problem.

I feel this will not only make it difficult for me in my professional life, but also personal life. Imagine finding someone for marriage while looking 19. Noone would want a husband who looks like a boy. Let me know your opinion, thank you.

newtoforum,

Honestly, I'm not sure how growing a beard will solve your problems. In the professional world, most people don't have them, and personally, most women seem to prefer shaved smoothe skin.

I'm not trying to talk you out of it per say. But you need to be thinking not only of the here and now but the long term. Do you want to spend a lot of money that you will most likely end up shaving most of your life? What if you grow the beard and decide you don't like it? You could still end up looking like a 19 year old with a beard, or not like how you look with it.

Additionally, some men take longer to be able to grow a beard. Take my cousin for example. He is 30 now and really only in the last several years has he really been able to grow in some facial hair. He used to complain about looking very young, but I think he is starting to see this as a blessing rather than a curse. His wedding is in 2 months.

The choice is yours, but consider the long term as well as the short term desire.

Best wishes,

Bill

I was a late bloomer on the beard thing too. Back in the late 90's when gotees were the rage I was 32 or so and still couldn't completely fill out one.

Now at 42, I shave it every morning. And I spend quite a bit on shaving cream, as I've mentioned on here before. www.theartofshaving.com has the cream I like the best and it's like $35 every six weeks. So, I'd be damned before I wanted to add any hair to my face.

If my job was that of my true calling, lead guitarist for Widespread Panic or some other cool band, I'd definitely have that little 'fuzz' up under my lip. icon_cool.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week