How much would it cost for a 250-500 FUI transplant?

Arson

I just want some hairline restoration done, just in small parts, nothing huge. I hear/see that FUI transplants have little scarring, and decent results, so I wanted to know the price.

Also, are there any good doctors that could do this in the Southern California area?

Thanks.

I just want some hairline restoration done, just in small parts, nothing huge. I hear/see that FUI transplants have little scarring, and decent results, so I wanted to know the price.

Also, are there any good doctors that could do this in the Southern California area?

Thanks.

I understand Arfy. But hey, could you explain the FUI procedure for me? I understand they take follicles from your donor area and transplant it where needed... But how effective is it? And the donor area grows back yes?

And could you give me an average price and/or some decent doctors in Southern CA?

Sorry if my questions seem to pester but I'm not too informed, I just have the jist of this whole thing.

Try www.hairtransplantadviser.org

and www.hairtransplantguide.com

for general info on hair transplants.

I don't know what FUI is.

There is FUE- follicular unit extraction. Moves grafts one by one, no donor strip.

There is FUT - follicular unit transplantation. This uses a donor strip.

The websites I mentioned are good for basic introductory info about transplants, but don't have much information on FUE. Get a handle on the basics (for example "what is a FU") if you don't already know for sure.

I heard that it takes about 150 FU grafts to recreate an eyebrow. Will putting a couple of eyebrows worth of hair up there really make a difference in your life? Enough to undergo surgery?

I personally think the guys who get transplants to try to perfect their hair are making a mistake. Hair transplants are best left to the guys with more than just a trivial amount of hair loss. Don't get any surgery unless it is really necessary. That's my opinion.

You haven't mentioned your age. And are you doing anything to prevent your hair loss from getting worse?

Sorry about that...

I got confused... Yeah I saw that FUI thing before but I meant FUE. That is the best way to go, yes?

Also, I'm 21 (Yes, I've read many of the posts about waiting on transplant stuff)... But if I get an FUE, what are the cons at such an early age?

Also, I've been on Propecia for about 7 months, it's done nothing. No hair regrowth, and my hair's still falling.

I figure if I get an FUE, there won't be any scarring, therefore I won't have a horrible looking scalp say 4 years about the little transplant if I continued to bald.

Worse comes to worse, I shave off everything (I look like a monster with a shaved head though)

What do u think?

I also tried rogaine when I was like, 18. Obviously, it didn't do anything for my hairline either. Just made it look stupid, and dry and all this skin would peel from it.

Arson,

Most doctors won't touch you at age 21.

Whether it is stip or FUE, getting a HT is not a cure for hair los and it may actually cause more hair to fall out. This is called shock loss. Sometimes this hair grows back, sometimes not. As a result, you may end up with less hair than you had prior to your HT.

Having been down this road, I would not follow the path you are proposing. I'd wait until my hair loss has stabilized and then decide what, if anything, I want to do. Trying to play the "I'll stay ahead of my hairloss with HT's" is risky. Look at my pictures. That's what I did and lost. Fortunately, I was able to get help and now am on the road to recovery from bad HT's compounded by further hairloss. I could have had many more grafts in one session had I not had the previous HT's and wasted so much donor hair.

That's my opinion,

Mr. T

Think about this. It's the year 2010. FUE is standard operating procedure and only costs $3.00 per unit. A young guy starts losing his hair. He goes to his hair doctor and gets a hundred or so FUEs. He schedules an appointment to come back in a year to see if he needs more. He keeps pace with the thinning. The only bald guys that are ever seen any more are the steroid football players - you know - the guys who are already half bald by their senior year in high school.