Micropigmentation it Works!!!!

hairsimulator

I had a terrible scar across my head that was a result of a surgical procedure. It was a thin linear scar that ran from my left ear all the way over to my right ear. I went to several hair transplant doctors who frankly stated that they wouldn't be able to correct this condition, without giving me a transplant scar. Most people who keep their hair short are at an extreme disadvantage when it comes to (HT's). Black men in particular benefit greatly from micropigmentation procedures.

I tried all the gimmicks (Topix, Dermamatch etc..) none of which worked as well as having micropigmentation done. I was lucky to find a practitioner in Atlanta (Cheryl Rosenblum)who was able to correct my problem. For those of you who haven't tried this procedure, I urge you to explore it.

1.Does the micropigmentation fade with time and exposure to UV radiation as normal tattooing?

2. Since all scars stretch with time. Wouldn't you need to reapply the micropigmentation in order to keep up with the stretching scar tissue? If so I would suppose it would depend on the individual's peculiar rate of scar expansion.

3. If the micropigmentation is to be re-applied, how is the colour matching done then?

and how is the colour skin tone matching done initially when applying the micropigmentation the first time?

take care...

hairsimulator,

I'm glad cosmetic tatooing worked for you to help conceal your scar however, I'd hardly call Toppik or Dermmatch a scam. Their purpose are to temporarily coverup signs of baldness/thinning, and in many cases, can conceal scarring. However application is required daily to the targeted area as it washes off in the shower. Just because they aren't a permanent solution, doesn't make them a scam. Had they advertised to be permanent solutions, that's another story.

Frankly, your post seems more like an advertisement for Cheryl Rosenblum and micropigmentation than a genuine experience. However, perhaps you're just very enthusiastic about finding a way to conceal your scar.

We encourage you to post some before and after photos so the educated members of this community can draw educated conclusions from the evidence and not just a new poster's word of mouth :-).

Oh, and I'm moving this to the "Open Hair Loss Topics" forum.

Bill

I have seen some fantastic and some poor results with micropigmentation for facial issues. On the donor region, particularly for a person who keeps their hair at least a half inch long, I bet it would work well. With a shaved head, I am not sure the scar tattooing would beat a good scar revision, but if just trying to camouflage a scar below hair, its a pretty reasonable option.

Good post. Put up your pics if you can.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr.Lindsey as always thanks for taking the time to contribute. Have you seen any of your HT patients that have done this?

As you said I would think that for people who are looking to cut their hair to #2 or even potentially a #1 clip who dont have an "optimal" scar would be able to if it indeed works. From the pics i've seen on websites even people who shaved down with a razor seemed to have fairly "decent" results. Also Do you think that for someone who doesn't have optimal density that this would be an option as a "permanent" concelear?(I believe this wears off after X number of years and basically fades away and you have to get it done again...at least thats my understanding)